Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

that picture is such a mess of junk, not cool at all. Just like the concept art, only more expensive
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Alan I have to agree with you. Woody would have been better since Buzz is already in Discoveryland. It looks like that the marketing department is ruling TWDC. Otherwise it couldn't be explained why Toy Story and the princesses (future Fantasyland in MK) are featured so much in the parks. WDI is the executive arm of the marketing department.

JelleP

Can anyone tell me what this is? The RC Racer building?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Malin

QuoteWoody would have been better since Buzz is already in Discoveryland.

Woody's already featured in the Hong Kong Toy Story Land. So Paris probarely went with Buzz to give its version a unique edge.

QuoteIt looks like that the marketing department is ruling TWDC. Otherwise it couldn't be explained why Toy Story and the princesses (future Fantasyland in MK) are featured so much in the parks.

Is that marketing or Consumer Products. You missed out Cars Land by the way.

Quotethat picture is such a mess of junk, not cool at all. Just like the concept art, only more expensive

I like all the theming added and the Buzz. Its just how tacky looking the rides like RC Racer are that is ruining it for me.

The latest picture shows all the detail is up. Do you think previews could begin soon. I know August is the date mentioned. But I would not be suprised to see previews begin in July.

Update since writing the above news that three Annual Passholders preview dates have been annouced for August 14th, 15th and 16th. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pi ... 8714015614

Festival Disney

More pics of Buzz!

Source: Disney Gazette
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

pussinboots

How the devil is he going to talk?

DLP-Photos.com

Hmm, phh, hmm - not sure what to say about the giant Buzz... I'm looking forward to see it a bit closer, but so far my judgement:

Good things:

- The amount of details - I mean even the trash cans are themed.
- The queuing areas seem to be very good - on the outside aswell as on the inside.
- Greenery in the Studios!

Bad things:

- The attractions - they are a bit to tacky. I mean with such great themening on the queue buildings I am sure they could have made more details and themening on the attractions.
- The lack of an story - is it a set or just an overdimensioned playland in the middle of a studio (Toon Studio)?
- The lack of shops, restaurant and the most important toilettes.

However, I will save my final judgment until I have experienced it in person - if not in July hopefully soon (december).
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

JelleP

Quote from: "pussinboots"How the devil is he going to talk?
Just with a speaker in his back or something, I guess. He won't move, which is a shame... :cry:

EDIT;

Source: DLP.info
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

DopeyDad

From DLP.info

"However, the maybe most interesting news is hidden in the small print details next to a photo of the (in the meantime) rather well known model of the area. There it reads: "Slinky Dog ZigZag Spin twirls you 'round and 'round aboard Andy's favorite toy dog. Guests can play a game made exclusively for the attraction on the inside of Slinky Dog's packaging box as they wait in the queue." This is the first mentioning of any "game" to entertain guests waiting for any of the attractions at Toy Story Playland. While guests in line for "Soarin'" at EPCOT (in Walt Disney World) are invited to play an interactive game involving projections and the queue lines for the new version of the Dumbo rides supposed to be part of the Fantasyland expansion at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom are supposed to incorporate an interactive experience, Slinky Dog ZigZag Spin would be the first attraction in Disneyland Paris to feature a game to entertain guests while waiting. However, what kind of game ... that is still a secret of Imagineering..."

sounds like a little bit more of what people wanted to see in this land.

....and cue interest and excitement followed by growling about intrusion, wrong location and Disney losing its way, oh and probably a mention of Disneysea.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"that picture is such a mess of junk, not cool at all. Just like the concept art, only more expensive
Oh come on, most of that picture is construction wall. Clearly a lot of people have decided the only way forward for DLRP is big expensive rides, these three rides in a themed area are what the Studios need for the younger fan, dont forget that when Walt decided to build his first park he was sitting in the middle of a fair ground, have to agree with Alan though, getting a bit fed up with Buzz, Woody would have been better.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

RockNRoller

Quote from: "DopeyDad"From DLP.info
....and cue interest and excitement followed by growling about intrusion, wrong location and Disney losing its way, oh and probably a mention of Disneysea.

Hmm im interested and a little excited, however I cant help but feel its in the wrong place, could possibly intrusive. I do wonder if Disney are losing their way oh and even though I haven't been there I have the urge to mention Disneysea :-"
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "RockNRoller"
Quote from: "DopeyDad"From DLP.info

Hmm im interested and a little excited, however I cant help but feel its in the wrong place, could possibly intrusive. I do wonder if Disney are losing their way oh and even though I haven't been there I have the urge to mention Disneysea :-"

I can mention DisneySEA. WDS is NOTHING next to DisneySEA. Even half DisneySEA would be sooo much more than the mess Disney call WDS.
Since it is supposed to be a playland the guests should expect nothing less than a land full of games, oversized toys and alot play areas. Anything else would be low even for TSPL.
By the way... as mentioned before... how will this new magnificent... Buzz look after a few months in the rain? and after 2-3 years? That glass on his head wont polish itself. We all know that maintaining the good looks of a park is not Disney´s forte in Paris.

DisneySEA:

WDS:

Somebody should call OLC for some help.........

DopeyDad

=D>

Disneydavid

I got a question ; about the softopenings. i got a fantasypass , can i still enter it then? or is it just for dreampasses?

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Tuvok

Avant-Premieres of new shows and attractions is exclusively for Dream passholders.

Looking forward to this! I'm at the resort 11-14 august, so I can attend to the 'soft openings' during those days AND the avant-premiere for Dream passholders. Nice!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)