Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Quote from: "Alan"I believe what you can see in the foreground is the Parisian themed path. Look at those two columns, the single tree planted in the pavement and the brickwork on the ground. Not at all Toy Story themed is it? This really is the start of the Ratatouille ride.
"I'm so exited!" :wink:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Martyn

Quote from: "JelleP"@WDSFans: "Interesting Toy Story Playland article reveals more details"

Newsreel, an official magazine for The Walt Disney Company Cast Members, featured last month an interesting article on Toy Story Playland.

Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald reveals these interesting details:

- Benches are fashioned from Lincoln Logs
- Wall constructed of dominoes
- Trash cans designed to look like wooden blocks
- 14-foot-tall talking Buzz Lightyear action figure at one entrance
- Barrel of Monkey's at second entrance
- Tinkertoys lampposts
- Oversized holiday lights
- Andy's enormous but subtle footprints on the walkway
- Green Army Men Training Camp (queue) features life-sized green army men, a quonset hut, a plastic jeep, crates, a lookout station and a baby monitor.
- Cast Member costumes with oversized buttons.

Read the entire article here!

Sounds awsome! Really cannot wait now!!

Disneydavid

sure , me neither. Too bad, i will be there on July 17th...

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

pussinboots

Quote from: "JelleP"- Benches are fashioned from Lincoln Logs
- Wall constructed of dominoes
- Trash cans designed to look like wooden blocks
- 14-foot-tall talking Buzz Lightyear action figure at one entrance
- Barrel of Monkeys at second entrance
- Tinkertoys lampposts
- Oversized holiday lights
- Andy's enormous but subtle footprints on the walkway
- Green Army Men Training Camp (queue) features life-sized green army men, a quonset hut, a plastic jeep, crates, a lookout station and a baby monitor.
- Cast Member costumes with oversized buttons.

As the author of the most comprehensive Disneyland Paris trash can listing (haha):
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4890&hilit=indian+bankers
...I find this very exciting! Will they be repainted standard trash cans or a new kind? Only time will tell.

In any case, the level of detail is a great leap forward for the Studios.

Hey, those planters with those nice pillars, are they new?

toritinker

oh wow!! the details sound amazing!!! especially the cast memebers costumes.... only 64 days and I can see it for real!!!! I think my camera will be very worn when I get back!!!
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

Festival Disney

The information board is being replaced to accomodate the new TSPL rides!

Source: //http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard.net/disneyland-paris-f6/panneau-d-information-du-parc-wds-t5757.htm#684752
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Annet

It's opening on the 17th of august...really?!
That sucks, I'll be there on the 15th and 16th :lol:

CafeFantasia

It opens officially on the 17th of August 2010. But all attractions have a soft opening, so I'm sure Toy Story Playland will be open (periodically) at least two weeks before the grand opening. There's no guarantee, but you should be fine.

Annet

I really really really hope so!
Since I don't know if I can afford another trip this year :P

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Quite a find over on NewsDLRP.com,
The dates for TSPL's soft openings!

It says...
11th, 12th and 13th of August 2010 are the planned soft opening dates  :lol:
And it also says something about "Projections Toy Story" in the CineMagique theatre? Are they going to be showing Toy Story films!! :?
EDIT: here's the source  ;) //http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlp-89-dates-des-softs-openning-de-toy-story-playland.html
I posted the soft opening dates above  :P

the 11, 12 & 13 of August  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Annet

Damn...we're really there at the wrong dates!
Guess I'll go and have to save up more money when I get back from my summer holidays then! ;)

disneyrules

Quote from: "SM:M3"
Quote from: "disneyrules"
Quote from: "JelleP"@WDSfans: The maximum speed of RC Racer will be 76km/h (47 mph).

And

@DLPtrivia: The new Walt Disney Imagineering book reveals a Hamm based attraction called "When Pigs Fly" was considered for Toy Story Playland.

Just two interesting Twitter-facts ;)

Cool what type of ride was when pigs fly.

The rendering shows 4 guests in a pig shaped car, similar to Dumbo or Orbitron

Thank you for answering  :thumbs:
I really have to get the book.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Martyn

From another site:

QuoteAnd a Ratatouille ride in Disneyland PARIS. Ooh. I can see it now. 'Come to Walt Disney Studios Paris and ride Ratatouille, where you can have an amazing adventure on the streets of.........Paris'

Yay? I don't know about anyone else but part of going to a theme park for me is to escape to magical mysterious lands I would never get to experience in real life, not see a recreation of a city which is literally within an hour away.

Interesting point really.

-breeno-

Quote from: "Martyn"From another site:

QuoteAnd a Ratatouille ride in Disneyland PARIS. Ooh. I can see it now. 'Come to Walt Disney Studios Paris and ride Ratatouille, where you can have an amazing adventure on the streets of.........Paris'

Yay? I don't know about anyone else but part of going to a theme park for me is to escape to magical mysterious lands I would never get to experience in real life, not see a recreation of a city which is literally within an hour away.

Interesting point indeed, but invalid in my opinion.  Ratatouille isn't the first Disney attraction to be themed in the location of where the park is.  If we go over to Anaheim what will we find?  Disney California Adventure, an entire park dedicated to the state it lies on!  Yeah it might look a little different now from it did in 2001 but the meaning behind is still there, a celebration of California, but I'm getting off topic here...

I'm just trying to say it's not unusual to see something like this happen with Disney, hey I'd be happy to see more of it.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

peep

Quote from: "Martyn"From another site:

That same person thinks Tower of Terror is terrible and is in the wrong place, so yeah, I don't listen to what that person has to say.

I'm still unhappy it's another Pixar attraction (can they just hurry up and re-name this area Pixar land or whatever) but I think this will be a very popular attraction. It's not like you can go on a journey with Remy in the real Paris is it? It's still taking you on a journey which you wouldn't be able to do outside of a theme park.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320