Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTimmyTimmy

It´s good to know what is going on. People here seme amazed by the news that Buzz will speak:)
Meanwhile in Florida they have a new Harry Potter land with a ride that semes amazing aswell.

SM:M3

I still think that Buzz will look odd if he talks but is stationary, but anyway...

EDIT More Photos

Festival Disney

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

The RC Racer car looks really good. That's the only thing that could qualify the ride as a Disney ride.

In my opinion the should plant more bamboos.

JelleP

Quote from: "dagobert"In my opinion the should plant more bamboos.
The Bamboo will really grow a lot from now, so we just have to wait...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

tubbsy

Bamboo sends off shoots and fills areas out so if they pack it out now to give us an impact there will be no room to move in a few years time.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

ooooo update pics looking fantastic!! I can't wait to see it for real!!
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

Martyn

Apart from the colouful rides, its going to be very Adenture Isle-ness. Which would be good for the Studio's, to have a bit of colour.

DopeyDad

Just got back from the parks last night and I have to agree with comments others have made about visual intrusion...you'll be able to see the ToT from everywhere  :evil: still maybe they can cover it by some placemaking  :-"
Slightly off topic, has anyone noticed how old and ragged the fake hollywood boulevard facades have become? Almost all of them are peeling as badly as the HOLLYWOOD sign over Studio Tram Tours. Looks terrible up close.
In all seriousness, maybe this gives us hope that eventually a more permanent additions to the boulevard in the future will help the whole parks continuity and address intrusion from TSPL to ToT area and so on.

smurfy74

with  regards to visual intrusion that everyone goes on about, in the Disneyland park you can see SMM2 from riding on Mark Twain and you can see the castle from adventure isle and you can see btm from indiana and you can see other attractions from other lands so im not sure what all the fuss is about

davewasbaloo

None of those attractions looks like something you can find at a street carnival. Besides, this is why I prefer the original Disneyland in California. It is smaller than DLP, but it has more attractions and most of the time, you can only see the attractions in their own themed environments.
since 2001 (many before that)

Festival Disney

Entrance signage has gone up, and the lights are being placed!

Some of the stuff inside the parachute drop hanger thingy

Source: DCP
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

The theming is getting better and better :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

davewasbaloo

Or worse and worse, dependent on your perspective
since 2001 (many before that)

JelleP

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Or worse and worse, dependent on your perspective
Yeah... That true...
But I'm one of those people who likes TSPL ;)