Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneydavid

Quote from: "Tuvok"Avant-Premieres of new shows and attractions is exclusively for Dream passholders.
!
hmm then i should pay a little more for it :D

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

JelleP

Please people... don't compare Tokyo DisneySea to the WDS... :evil:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

SM:M3

You'd think the topic title gave it away; "Toy Story Playland - Opening Late August 2010" Not "WDS vs TDS - Why I Like To Complain"

Anyway... New Photos! Merci "beber22" on DCP

Really good pictures
And some more info on the games in the Slinky queue, they will be inspired by the games that were on the inside of the original box, which you are of course queueing inside

Martyn

QuoteThey should've stuck with Woody. He's more unique and hasn't been used as much.

Yeah I totally agree with that. With more reason's than one. The main point of the first flim was about Buzz stealing all of Woody's light, and becoming the new favourite toy. He's doing the same thing at DLP too! :lol: Poor old Woody has nothing, apart from the Ranch.

--

I still say this has massive potential, and will be a huge success. But as that pic on p90 shows, it really does not fit well in the Studio's!

mehdi5

Great to to hear about the previews, i'll be in DLP from 14 to 19 August so the soft-openings will work in my advantage :D

Donald-Duck-Malta

More pictures Of TSPL getting better and better... :D
SOURCE: http://www.dlp.info

Enjoy! :thumbs:

penfold12

I have to say it looks great in the sun, not so sure it will on a grey cold winters day... Bare trees and drizzle, the bright plastic may look tacky in the winter

CafeFantasia

Why aren't Disney advertising and promoting Toy Story Playland yet? I went to my local Disney Store the other day, and they had this huge poster for the New Generation Festival but no mention of Toy Story Playland. It seems like sheer stupidity that they're spending SO much money on a real new attraction, yet not advertising the fact that it exists. As far as the average consumer is concerned, Disneyland Paris isn't opening any new attractions this year, just a new parade.

-breeno-

Quote from: "Alan"Why aren't Disney advertising and promoting Toy Story Playland yet? I went to my local Disney Store the other day, and they had this huge poster for the New Generation Festival but no mention of Toy Story Playland. It seems like sheer stupidity that they're spending SO much money on a real new attraction, yet not advertising the fact that it exists. As far as the average consumer is concerned, Disneyland Paris isn't opening any new attractions this year, just a new parade.
RC Racer appeared in the TV Spot for the NGF;

[youtube:3e4k25s0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqjJMOvRw3w[/youtube:3e4k25s0]

Although you're right more marketing should be done, 5 seconds of CG footage of one of the 3 attractions isn't enough.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

toritinker

woooooooow the buzz is HUGE!!! I am excited that next month I will be there!!!
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "-breeno-"Although you're right more marketing should be done, 5 seconds of CG footage of one of the 3 attractions isn't enough.

You're right, part of Toy Story Playland DOES appear in that advert. But if you analyse it, the advert is 40 seconds long and only 3 seconds of it shows Toy Story Playland. So that's just 7.5% of the advert designated to advertise new attractions, and the other 92.5% focusing on costumed characters and parades!

And they never actually say "Toy Story Playland" or mention a "new land". All they say is you'll see "attractions never seen before". Attractions never seen before, because they never show attractions! :-)

Willow

Maybe marketing will start to step up now we have an official opening date (something we didn't have when the original NGF advertising started).

But, I wouldn't be surprised if marketing was fairly low key (except for maybe brochures/the internet).

I'm not the biggest fans of the marketing department, I think they could do much better.

lil-shawn

QuoteI'm not the biggest fans of the marketing department, I think they could do much better.

I argee with you on here, am also not a big fan of the department, they realy don´t
know how to promote the disney parks in paris.

it´s right now the same fault they did with the rebirth of captain eo. this would have been the cance of
the park to make adverts all over europe again, and try to get as much visitors as they can.
now this was a missed opportunity and they also will mess this with TSPL...

they need to get rid of this nobodys they have now and try to get a refreshed marketing department...

Disneydavid

lookin good :D!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Festival Disney

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day