Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"I agree it'd be a better "Disney" attraction, but I don't think it'd be good for the area or the park as a whole to just dump another giant building there. The thing that's getting me excited about Toy Story Land is that it'll all be outside, surrounded by trees (as Kristof just said), loads of props, lots of colour, things to walk around, rides to watch. It'll be a good area just to hang around and enjoy the atmosphere.

WDS really needs more of these little fillers all around the park and walk-around areas that make it more fun to explore.

...And don't forget, we ARE (or ahum should be, provided the world doesn't explode) getting a real and EXCLUSIVE proper Disney E-ticket anyway, Ratatouille! I honestly think that one's going to knock TSM out the park, just from hearing the phrases "Ratatouille dark ride" and "Tokyo's Winnie the Pooh ride system".

There's my flag-waving for Toy Story Land anyway. :mrgreen:

That is a very good way to look at it :mrgreen:

I've just realised something else as well, I don't think it's already been said, but if Toy Story Land opens in 2010 like it probably will, then it should open at around the same time as Toy Story 3 is released in cinemas. So perhaps some of these mysterious ride concepts, and the land itself, will tie in with TS3 :-k

penfold12

has anyone any idea of how much forest will go? I know the size was listed, but how much of the forest is that? Half of it? Also, when it's said that the forest will be intergrated intothe new land, does that mean in bits, inside the land, not just the outskirts?

now here's a thought, didn't I read somewhere that toy story3 may have a story line about Andy going to camp? Or am I just making up possible theming here!!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "penfold12"has anyone any idea of how much forest will go? I know the size was listed, but how much of the forest is that? Half of it? Also, when it's said that the forest will be intergrated intothe new land, does that mean in bits, inside the land, not just the outskirts?

now here's a thought, didn't I read somewhere that toy story3 may have a story line about Andy going to camp? Or am I just making up possible theming here!!

Toy Story 3';s concept and story Arc follows Buzz and Woody... and others As Andy leaves them behind at a Day Care as he toodles off to college, as the boy has grown up, meanwhile Rex and Hamm go exploring to find their long lost Twins! But then thats for another Part of the forum... and I'm not entirely sure if that be correct!  :wink:

We with the forest could be looking at Buzz, Hamm, Slinky, Rex & Potato Head make their way to Al's Toy Barn... going through the hedgerows, which allowed for the Bug's Life 2 spoof! It could be Sid's Backgarden too that Imagineers use to theme the land... or would the sight of Mutalated Kids Toy's Scare the Pants of everyone... I know it w :oops: uld me

Hathaway Browne

So if they do move the actual road, where will the tram go when it comes out of Costuming?
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

RnRCj

Does anyone know if the tram tour station will be moved during this project? If not, then it's going to have to make a damn sharp left turn out of that station.

Also, is there any idea when we could hear some official news of the future plans?

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"So if they do move the actual road, where will the tram go when it comes out of Costuming?

I presume it won't go through there anymore. It'll probably go back along a new route.

phantom247

Talk backstage over the last year had been of a totally new costuming building replacing the existing building so that this building or land could be incorporated in future development.

Hathaway Browne

^That would make sense. Its a big plot of land it occupies - it would be better served for an attraction.

Good point on the sharp turn RnRcj - the trams haven't exactly got a small turning circle.

Kristof

Quote from: "phantom247"Talk backstage over the last year had been of a totally new costuming building replacing the existing building so that this building or land could be incorporated in future development.

A masterplan does exist for WDS that in fact shows the tram route going behind the forest and the Costuming building taken over by an attraction or restaurant, but that's not going to happen just yet.  And things change quite fast over at Imagineering, 'cause that very same plan did not show Toy Story Land at all.  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "phantom247"Talk backstage over the last year had been of a totally new costuming building replacing the existing building so that this building or land could be incorporated in future development.

A masterplan does exist for WDS that in fact shows the tram route going behind the forest and the Costuming building taken over by an attraction or restaurant, but that's not going to happen just yet.  And things change quite fast over at Imagineering, 'cause that very same plan did not show Toy Story Land at all.  :wink:

Lol, sounds promising. :P

Anyone got any suggestions as to when this and any other projects may be announced?

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Anyone got any suggestions as to when this and any other projects may be announced?
Well if they're not going to do a "one off" announcement, I'd imagine they'd probably do it at the AGM.

Remco K.

The following pic was released by DisneyActu:

RnRCj

Ooo exciting! I shall definitely have a closer look at this tomorrow! :D

Could this be the start of construction?

Owain

Quote from: "Remco K."The following pic was released

I used google translate to see what the writing said above the photo;

QuoteYesterday morning, surveyors took measurements at the hill behind the station Studio Tram Tour. This morning, fences took place at exactly the same place!

So coincidence or confirmation of recent rumors?

The future (near) will tell ...

Well all i no is that this is definatly once step closer to the next exspansion  :D

Kristof

Quote from: "RnRCj"Could this be the start of construction?

Yes of course!  First phase has started: removal of the trees and the re-routing of the Studio Tram Tour road.  :)

experiment627

Quote from: "Owain"Well all i no is that this is definatly once step closer to the next exspansion  :D

Does anyone else remember the "Toilets of Terror"?  :mrgreen: