Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Quote from: "Anthony"WDW or Tokyo would admittedly be different, you've got me there. I'd actually love to go to California most of all, but probably won't even begin looking into that until the DCA transformation is complete. But that's a huge project, and I'm a fan, what percentage of DLRP visitors are that clued up? I can't count the amount of posts we get just on this forum asking things like "Will x be open yet when I visit?", people having booked their trip for when the price and time is right for themselves and then only retrospectively checked the events schedule.

Information is tricky these days. Anyone who might be interested in going to any Disney resort (and I mean the average family and not us fans who go anyway - and actually think of a construction wall as an attraction it itself...) could do a quick google search, find an article describing the great additions that come to the resort of choice NEXT year ... and well, the decision is made, the trip postponed.

All I am saying is: I understand why Disney is not presenting their novelties too much in advance. They're concentrated on getting people to the resort NOW. Of course, one can debate if announcing new rides two years in advance does much harm. Honestly, I don't know. But knowing Disney, they probably did surveys on surveys about this.

And one aspect one cannot deny: competition is fierce in Europe. And copying good ride ideas is very much common. Just look at what Europa Park has opened over the past two years: an under the sea, interactive dark ride and a Cars-like kiddie ride.

(Overall, European parks are not that open to share plans about future additions, I'd say.)

As much as anyone I'd love to see some official acknowledgement of something new being in the works. But that's just wishful thinking, because in the end: what would purpose would a press release about a ride opening in 2010 / 2011 / 2012 serve?

Kuzco

We 'know'  already what's in store for the next few years at the resort. For me personally it is even more exciting if you do not excactly know how things will turn out to be, and even more exciting it is when the construction fences come down.
No touchy!

Willow

Quote from: "hostile"ah, cant wait for the Ratatouille ride.

You're going to have a pretty long wait then. Its not related to the Toy Story Land rumours, totally different project.

Anthony

Quote from: "Willow"
Quote from: "hostile"ah, cant wait for the Ratatouille ride.

You're going to have a pretty long wait then. Its not related to the Toy Story Land rumours, totally different project.
Don't worry, we're looking into hostile's posts. If these messages magically disappear, you'll know why.

Kristof

Some might have noticed it in the topic title... The current working name for the Toon Studio expansion is: "Toy Story Playland".  :)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"Some might have noticed it in the topic title... The current working name for the Toon Studio expansion is: "Toy Story Playland".  :)

I quite like that name actually, I was really hoping that they wouldn't just call it Toy Story Land so I think it could work very well. Of course it all depends on the contents and relevance as well as to how good the name is... :wink:

-breeno-

Interesting choice for the full name of the land.  Toy Story Playland to me sounds like just a play park like La Plage des Pirates other than a full area, but then again just Toy Story Land doesn't sound great does it?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

Yeah, but like I said it's the current working name, like Cars Radiator Springs Spinout or Crush's Turtle Twister.  It will probably be changed for marketing reasons anyway.

RnRCj

As I've said several times before, what I'd really like is for them to scrap the whole Toy Story theme and come up with something new and not Pixar-based! Toy Story Playland isn't the worst name ever, but I'm sure they could come up with something much better.

Whilst I am a little worried about this project, I must admit I am looking forward to a music-express type ride. I find them very fun. :lol:

Is it still likely there will be a half-pipe coaster? *I really hope not*

Kristof

QuoteIs it still likely there will be a half-pipe coaster? *I really hope not*

Yep!  Same goes for the Music Express and Parachute Drop Tower.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"

Darn it! Are you sure it hasn't been mistaken for a Disk-O Coaster or anything? [-o<

Willow

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Kristof"

Darn it! Are you sure it hasn't been mistaken for a Disk-O Coaster or anything? [-o<

I still think it could be a Disk-O flat and not a Halfpipe, it would make much more sense for the Disk-O, they are cheaper and offer the same ride, would probably be a similar capacity.

smurfy74

weve just got back and the blue fences have gone and there is a lovely new path visible, so im guessing the new path for the cast members was correct :?  :?  :?  :?

Kristof

Yes, the new CM path was correct.  It was the first step of many in the coming months.  :)

Riebi

How nice how nice how nice! The construction seems to get reality as we all can read at wdsfans.com:

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/news/news.php#newsitemEkkAppuVuVHapIcdoj

(more pics at wdsfans.com)

(kristof, always something up your sleeve! =D> )
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...