Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Quote from: "Kristof"Remco, I merged your topic with the Toy Story Land topic since they are related.
No problem! I wasn't sure if they really were related. :)

Quote from: "Kristof"A permit to cut 3.9900 ha of the forest...
Wow... That's quite a piece, isn't it!? :shock:

Do they need to replace it with new trees at some other location?

Kristof

QuoteWow... That's quite a piece, isn't it!? :shock:

Do they need to replace it with new trees at some other location?

The permit doesn't state it, so I guess not.

Anthony

Here we go, here we go!

Let's collectively breathe a huge sigh of relief. The expansion is not dead. The lack of news and the growing financial panic was really making it seem like the rumours for the next 5 years would die before they've even begun. This is really, really good news.

I wonder what they do mean by "défricher" though, whether that literally means "chop down", or if they somehow move the trees to another place. The future Toy Story Land will need to be surrounded by them... But maybe it doesn't work like that for Disney.

Hopefully none of the plans have been scaled back since we first heard about them.

Whoknew?

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Kristof"A permit to cut 3.9900 ha of the forest...
Wow... That's quite a piece, isn't it!? :shock:

this is the complete forest if google earth provides the correct length :shock:
this is going to be a huge expansion, i guess

Hathaway Browne

I thought this forest was protected?
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Kristof

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"I thought this forest was protected?

It's not going to be cut down completely, it's just a small area.  My guess is the outer edge and the small piece next to the costuming building.  

And yes the forest is "protected", in a way that DLRP cannot touch it without special permissions, which they obviously got.

Hathaway Browne

Ahh I see. I thought it was a "no chance of touching it" kind of situation.

Glad to hear progress is coming.  =D>

RnRCj

Well this is quite exciting! I know I have said quite a few times I don't like the idea of Toy Story Land (and don't get me wrong, I still don't really), but I am quite pleased there will be some sort of construction to follow!

I really enjoyed watching Toon Studio and Tower Of Terror go up from the beginning, but this last year has been fairly dull construction-wise. I am very excited that there will be something to follow again.

I am eagerly awaiting the day this topic says "confirmed" in the title!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Well this is quite exciting! I know I have said quite a few times I don't like the idea of Toy Story Land (and don't get me wrong, I still don't really), but I am quite pleased there will be some sort of construction to follow!

I really enjoyed watching Toon Studio and Tower Of Terror go up from the beginning, but this last year has been fairly dull construction-wise. I am very excited that there will be something to follow again.

I am eagerly awaiting the day this topic says "confirmed" in the title!

Did he just say that? :shock:  :o

:wink:

Actually, I must admit that I agree too, I loved watching the construction of TOT and Toon Studio, especially TS as it was unique to dlrp, so the prospect of this is quite exciting too. Besides, I'm sure that DLRP will get this right, and not produce something terrible, when have they ever let us down before? :mrgreen:

-breeno-

Great news to hear, like RnRCj and Butlin i love watching all the construction work at DLRP (i actually find myself sometimes looking at old construction pictures on WDSfans :lol:) so it's great to see Toy Story Land is moving one step closer to being confirmed.  Oh and by the way i actually would like to see Toy Story Land, Toy Story is one of, if not my favourite Disney movie so a land it, what's better than that!? :lol:   Yeah it's not unique to DLRP but it's great to see DLRP growing, even if it's just something you very rarely go on :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Whoknew?

Quote from: "Kristof"It's not going to be cut down completely, it's just a small area.  My guess is the outer edge and the small piece next to the costuming building.  

just saying that they have the permission to cut down almost 4 ha, and the forest is almost exactly 4ha big. what does this mean?

edit: the announcement also says june 24th 2008. so its hanging there for quite a while now.

Kristof

The forest is quite bigger than that actually!

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "Whoknew?"
Quote from: "Kristof"edit: the announcement also says june 24th 2008. so its hanging there for quite a while now.
I was quite shocked at how tatty it is.

Whoknew?

just want to get sure:
area = ((a+c)/2)*h
area = ((205+115)/2)*255
area = 40800m²
40800m²/10000 = 4,08ha

or wich forest do we talk about?

andrewuk

well 4,08 is not much different to 3,99, so your maths looks right, maybe they'll leave a few of the trees standing?

I did hope that they would build on the car park and try to integrate (some of) the forest into the park in some way. I just hope that new area has plenty of greenery rather that the desolate looking backlot.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne