Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hathaway Browne

Thanks for the visual whoknew?, certainly helps. And of course it does bring up the question of the Tram Tour road - I doubt they'll re-route it, so the only other solution is a bridge.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Anthony

So they've pretty much got a permit to remove the entire forest... crazy. But will they actually remove all those trees, or did they just want to get permission to do whatever they want with the space?

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"Thanks for the visual whoknew?, certainly helps. And of course it does bring up the question of the Tram Tour road - I doubt they'll re-route it, so the only other solution is a bridge.
No, they will easily be able to re-route it. The first part will be re-routed a bit closer to the forest anyway for this expansion, and the station was originally meant to be far from permanent.

phantom247

The new route is supposed to go behind the forest and go in reverse through Catastrophe Canyon and yes the current station as Anthony  said has always been intended to be dismantled and removed in a few days.

RnRCj

Quote from: "phantom247"The new route is supposed to go behind the forest and go in reverse through Catastrophe Canyon

Really? Well thats quite cool! I've actually had that idea of it going behind the forest since we first heard this rumour, but I thought it was a bit ambitious for it to really happen. Obviously not! :lol:

The removal of the trees should be great! It will definitely balance out the park a little more. If the forest had to stay completely we would have park with the majority of it's attractions on the left side, and it wouldn't have the lovely symmetricalness (new word!) that DLP has.

(I'm still going  :-# at the Toy Story idea, by the way.)

smurfy74

ive just got back and can tell you that the trees that are going to be felled look like they are already marked. i hope my pics have come out but just in case they havent, just as you pull out of the tram station and before the dinotopia set the trees nearest the road have red and white hazard tape around their trunks and there are more green markers and pink ones too which im guessing are marking out the expansion area/s  :D

Kristof

QuoteThe new route is supposed to go behind the forest and go in reverse through Catastrophe Canyon

Source?  

Quotethe dinotopia set the trees nearest the road have red and white hazard tape around their trunks

Yeah, the tape was strapped around those trees a few months ago:

lil-shawn

Hey folks,

oh wow really great news, i hope we will see in the near future some works...
DLRP need an expansion as quickly as possible...

and i argee with RnRCj, it´s really better to remove all the trees to palance these park out!!

phantom247

Kristof please don't ask silly questions such as source as if you want the people who told me about this to loose their jobs I would say you need to tell everybody your sources as well only gessing but none of us want Eurodisney SCA, TWDC or WDI employees to loose their jobs over a fan forum.   All I can say on the new Tram route some of what is planned looks very good but is continuly being tweeked in Glendale CA.

Japper

Just an idea: Why don't they replace the 3 fair rides and the whole Toy Story land with Toy Story Mania?

Just as effective, same capacity and a much better 'Disney' attraction!

*really really really hopes they do that :D*

Kristof

Quote from: "phantom247"Kristof please don't ask silly questions such as source as if you want the people who told me about this to loose their jobs I would say you need to tell everybody your sources as well only gessing but none of us want Eurodisney SCA, TWDC or WDI employees to loose their jobs over a fan forum.   All I can say on the new Tram route some of what is planned looks very good but is continuly being tweeked in Glendale CA.

I don't think it's an unfair question to ask when someone posts a major news like that?

-breeno-

Quote from: "Japper"Just an idea: Why don't they replace the 3 fair rides and the whole Toy Story land with Toy Story Mania?

*really really really hopes they do that :D*

Doubt that would happen to be  honest, TSM is too similar to Laser Blast.

And i agree with Kristof, we just want to know what the source is just to be sure it isn't made up.  Stops people then posting stuff like "SPLASH MOUNTAIN COMING TO DLRP IN 3 YEARS TIME!!" with no proof ;)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-""SPLASH MOUNTAIN COMING TO DLRP IN 3 YEARS TIME!!"

Really, awesome I can't wait :mrgreen:

Quote from: "-breeno-"...with no proof ;)

Oh, never mind :oops:

:wink:  :P  :lol:

Kristof

Regarding the forest, it will not be cut down completely (obviously).  The Tram Route between the Station and Dinotopia will be re-routed to allow more room for Toy Story Land and Ratatouille.  The people I spoke with were very proud of the fact that WDS is the only Disney park in the world that has a real forest within its berm, so they think it would be wrong to cut it down completely.

Oh and the forest will be integrated in the design of Toy Story Land.

Anthony

Quote from: "Japper"Just an idea: Why don't they replace the 3 fair rides and the whole Toy Story land with Toy Story Mania?

I agree it'd be a better "Disney" attraction, but I don't think it'd be good for the area or the park as a whole to just dump another giant building there. The thing that's getting me excited about Toy Story Land is that it'll all be outside, surrounded by trees (as Kristof just said), loads of props, lots of colour, things to walk around, rides to watch. It'll be a good area just to hang around and enjoy the atmosphere.

WDS really needs more of these little fillers all around the park and walk-around areas that make it more fun to explore.

...And don't forget, we ARE (or ahum should be, provided the world doesn't explode) getting a real and EXCLUSIVE proper Disney E-ticket anyway, Ratatouille! I honestly think that one's going to knock TSM out the park, just from hearing the phrases "Ratatouille dark ride" and "Tokyo's Winnie the Pooh ride system".

There's my flag-waving for Toy Story Land anyway. :mrgreen:

Nala_84

Hm... don't know if I understood correctly *g*: So the Toy Story Land will be surrounded by trees? And will it be a new theme land or will it obviously belong to Toon Studio?!
Really curious how it will look like :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]