Alpha Bet You Are

Started by Anthony, April 04, 2007, 09:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Alpha Bet You Are
New original characters spell out a very special word...

For the 15th Anniversary Celebration.
Previous discussion about these 15th Anniversary decorations may be found in the general topic.

They deserve their own topic!  Alpha Bet You Are is a special performance featuring 10 letters which spell out the word D-I-S-N-E-Y-L-A-N-D, with costumes themed to various Disney characters.  To a mix of Disney songs like "zip a dee doo dah" and "wanna be like you" with some original music and a song along the lines of the Mickey Mouse March spelling out the letters.

They arrive from the top of Discovery Arcade and make their way into the centre of Main Street, where they eventually form the word Disneyland, before continuing along and leaving at the bottom of Discovery Arcade.

Currently performed at 10.15, 11.15, 12.15 and 1.15.

More photos and a video soon. :wink:

Patrick

Hehe I love these things, don't know why, but they do seem to definately give some fun atmosphere to the area.  Plus the music mix strangely works, love the random rapping in it :) .  They also definately seem a crowd pleaser, nice to see dlrp have not given up on original ideas, this definately seems like a great idea from the same people that brought us the pumpkinmen :D .

shell_ely

is this going to be a regular event all through the 15th ?

penfold12

I take it these are daily times? I figured they were just a special for the press! With this and the Character Express and the evening shows and new parade, DLRP is really shaping up this year. I just cant get over how fantastic it all is! Genuinely puts us up there with DLR for quality entertainment and streetmosphere. Its what seperates a Disney park from all other theme parks. Just fantastic

Anthony

Quote from: "penfold12"I take it these are daily times? I figured they were just a special for the press! With this and the Character Express and the evening shows and new parade, DLRP is really shaping up this year. I just cant get over how fantastic it all is! Genuinely puts us up there with DLR for quality entertainment and streetmosphere. Its what seperates a Disney park from all other theme parks. Just fantastic
Oh absolutely!  What really hit me over the weekend is the amount of entertainment, streetmosphere and atmosphere every day.  All the extra characters, Character Express, these letters, Candleabration and the show-stopping OUADP - once again it finally feels like DLRP are going all-out to truly entertain their guests day after day.

And yes - they're daily times, from the entertainment programme!  Guest Flow are going to have a really busy time this year, they seem to have to rope off Main Street almost twice an hour now. :lol:

Like Patmagic said, they're surprisingly popular too! They always got applause each time I saw them, and people seemed to like stroking their glittery fur.  :?

RnRCj

They look so fun and... cuddly!  :lol:

fly_with_me_dumbo

they are amazing :shock:  will these be there in  aug

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"And yes - they're daily times, from the entertainment programme!  Guest Flow are going to have a really busy time this year, they seem to have to rope off Main Street almost twice an hour now. :lol:

Kinou

Ugly and full of nonsense. A little interactive show with the characters like High School Musical or Catch the Wave would have been much more magical than that!
Hug it out bitch !

Owain

Quote from: "Kinou"Ugly and full of nonsense. A little interactive show with the characters like High School Musical or Catch the Wave would have been much more magical than that!

Thats a bit harsh.  :?

Masamune

:lol: They are a bit weird, but I wouldn't say they're ugly. :D It looks like a good little show to me!

Reiana

I think they look strange to us, because we are not used to letters as characters. It's not an everyday design.
But I like them, the look some kinda funny.

lostinwonderland

They look odd, and funny... But are freakin me out, it's not everyday you see letters with legs and fur..... =|

maleficent_mum

We were fortunate to see it last Saturday.

To be completely honest it's something you might want to watch once !
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

DisneyBud

How come Minnie has both the 'S' and the 'L' representing her, whereas all the other characters only have one letter?