Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Quote from: "Anthony"Aww, I liked it in the end! It's exactly the kind of thing the Studios needs. Well, no, the Studios needs a dark ride and more things to walk around... but it's those kind of little props and things which they just never bothered with before.

With this being DLRP, can we guess that it broke and they removed it rather than fixing it?

Oh I have no problem with this feature itself. But it runs a bit hm "worse". I get more motion sickness looking at this little turtle shell then later in the ride  :lol:
They should simply improve it a bit to a more less cheap looking variation  :mrgreen:
One sick looking seagull turning in a shell always screaming a long and dizzy MINE would be my wish candidate for this feature. I don´t wanna see this little model-railroad-figurines also if one of them looks like this litte girl from finding nemo (if anybody ever realized that except us wds-fans). Give me a bit more funny thing! I want my sick turning seagull on a turtle shell! I should draw a picture shouldn´t I :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Jayna62

:pluto: Please has anyone got any footage of Crush's Coaster I've been on once scared me but not my daughter.

Willow

There are some on-ride videos but you cant get a very good idea of the layout. Here is an on-ride video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k5fAsrKZmrY

However if you would prefer to see the actual coaster part of the ride:
Whirlwind at Camelot Theme Park, UK is the same layout as Crush's Coaster, it just isn't in the dark:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NZRsHMxp_c4

satine15

Hello!
I´ve got a short question, is the fastpastsystem still available in the Halloween season?
I hope it is... I hate waiting for this coaster =)
Next Trip: 28th of March---Hotel Santa Fe

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "satine15"Hello!
I´ve got a short question, is the fastpastsystem still available in the Halloween season?

No, I don't think it is. Sorry. But I'm sure you'll have a great trip anyway :wink:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "satine15"Hello!

I hope it's not, I hate the negative impact Crush FP has on the park.
since 2001 (many before that)

satine15

Oh too bad there are no fastpasses anymore! The waiting time is always so long... But thank you for your answers =)
I WILL have a good trip Disneyland can´t be bad, I think ;)
Next Trip: 28th of March---Hotel Santa Fe

Lindyloo

OK sorry to appear thick !!

Please can someone confirm where in the studios this rollercoaster is.
Can my 6 yr old go on it ( ie is she tall enough?) she loves fast rides.  :)

Is there a fastpass or do we do this FIRST thing at 8am ( on EMH)

Thank you

Willow

Quote from: "Lindyloo"OK sorry to appear thick !!

Please can someone confirm where in the studios this rollercoaster is.
Can my 6 yr old go on it ( ie is she tall enough?) she loves fast rides.  :)

Is there a fastpass or do we do this FIRST thing at 8am ( on EMH)

Thank you

Crush's Coaster is to the right of the park once you walk out of Studio 1.
There is no Fastpass on Crush and Extra Magic Hours are only in Disneyland Parc, not in Walt Disney Studios.

The queue will be around an hour (could easily be pushing 2) all day so its best to go to Crush straight away.

Crush's Coaster height is 1.03m or 3'6''.

RnRCj

Does anyone else think that Crush's Coaster has become very noisy recently? :?  If you listen, when it drops outside the showbuilding it almost sounds like Indiana Jones at DLP. You don't really notice it when you're on the ride, but when you watch it you can hardly hear the sound effects. I don't recall it ever being so noisy before in my March visit.

Is it getting old already? I know we've heard before that Crush's Coaster has aged faster than it should. :?

HasserX

I do agree it has been getting pretty noisy lately - When you go into the drop scene you can't hear the music that well and it breaks down quite a lot. But Crushes Coaster is a great ride I would say its got pretty good scenary as well  :wink:

Willow

Quote from: "RnRCj"Does anyone else think that Crush's Coaster has become very noisy recently? :?  If you listen, when it drops outside the showbuilding it almost sounds like Indiana Jones at DLP. You don't really notice it when you're on the ride, but when you watch it you can hardly hear the sound effects. I don't recall it ever being so noisy before in my March visit.

Is it getting old already? I know we've heard before that Crush's Coaster has aged faster than it should. :?

Well Maurer Söhne Spinners are generally pretty loud rollercoaster in general. Its not going to be standing in 16 years like Big Thunder Mountain. They are pretty cheap to make and build so I could see it very well being down to age (already).

Spinball Whizzer at Alton Towers is pretty loud.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"Does anyone else think that Crush's Coaster has become very noisy recently? :?  If you listen, when it drops outside the showbuilding it almost sounds like Indiana Jones at DLP. You don't really notice it when you're on the ride, but when you watch it you can hardly hear the sound effects. I don't recall it ever being so noisy before in my March visit.

That doesn't sound very good! :? I really hope Crush isn't having/going to have any more trouble, it's a great ride and has already had enough problems as it is :(

The Butlin Boy

I've just seen this on 'Disney and More':
Quote from: "Disney and More"BREAKING NEWS: A Disneyland Paris guest was injured today at the Walt Disney Studios Crush Coaster attraction. More news later, but news reports said that the guest jumped himself from 7 meters high during the ride because he thought the harness was getting unlocked. His wife, who was seated in the same vehicle was arrested by security to answer some questions. Inquiry by French police and DLP maintenance was going on this saturday evening. Apparently the man is safe, even if other news medias keep saying that he is seriously hurt. More news when available.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

:?

Willow

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I've just seen this on 'Disney and More':
Quote from: "Disney and More"BREAKING NEWS: A Disneyland Paris guest was injured today at the Walt Disney Studios Crush Coaster attraction. More news later, but news reports said that the guest jumped himself from 7 meters high during the ride because he thought the harness was getting unlocked. His wife, who was seated in the same vehicle was arrested by security to answer some questions. Inquiry by French police and DLP maintenance was going on this saturday evening. Apparently the man is safe, even if other news medias keep saying that he is seriously hurt. More news when available.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

:?

Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue what has gone on? The paragraph makes no sense!