Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"Now WDI bring on that E-Ticket for Toon Studios to give this one some breathing room... please?
You know, even if they built the biggest, most amazing dark ride ever constructed at the back of Toon Studio, I think Crush would still be doomed to 90 minute+ queues.

Three things:
1) The location - it's the first thing you see in Toon Studio, it's BIG and looks totally different to anything else
2) It's a coaster - europeans either just plain love coasters, or they think that they're the main reason theme parks exist
3) Finding Nemo - biggest animated film of all time and probably still more popular than Rémy & co.

An E-Ticket would also bring more people into the park, who would probably have to walk past Crush to reach it, and then want to ride Crush. We're doomed I tell you, doomed!!

An unrealistic solution - Build a 6 foot fence across the Toon Studio courtyard from AODA to Animagique. :lol: Or make guests have to pay to ride it? :P

I'm still awaiting the day that Crush's Coaster is a walk-on - It's the only ride at the resort I have never ever walked straight onto with no queue. :roll:

mehdi5

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"Now WDI bring on that E-Ticket for Toon Studios to give this one some breathing room... please?
You know, even if they built the biggest, most amazing dark ride ever constructed at the back of Toon Studio, I think Crush would still be doomed to 90 minute+ queues.

Three things:
1) The location - it's the first thing you see in Toon Studio, it's BIG and looks totally different to anything else
2) It's a coaster - europeans either just plain love coasters, or they think that they're the main reason theme parks exist
3) Finding Nemo - biggest animated film of all time and probably still more popular than Rémy & co.

An E-Ticket would also bring more people into the park, who would probably have to walk past Crush to reach it, and then want to ride Crush. We're doomed I tell you, doomed!!

An unrealistic solution - Build a 6 foot fence across the Toon Studio courtyard from AODA to Animagique. :lol: Or make guests have to pay to ride it? :P

I'm still awaiting the day that Crush's Coaster is a walk-on - It's the only ride at the resort I have never ever walked straight onto with no queue. :roll:
It's new, Space Mountain propably had the same thing when it first opened.

Anthony

FASTPASS and Crush, the inevitable return...

Quote from: "DLRP Today.com"We reported the introduction of a second crush at Crush's Coaster in Walt Disney Studios Park with the testing of FASTPASS tickets for one week in July. Then, we gave it an analysis so thorough that even Jaque's Boat Cleaners would be proud. Ultimately, we accepted that the introduction of some kind of FASTPASS system at the popular yet capacity-starved attraction might just be inevitable — if only to stop the tide of complaints and questions from confused, queueing guests.

And the operations managers of Disneyland Resort Paris? They're not quite so sure. Which is why, from 18th to 24th August 2008, the full FASTPASS tests will return again!

This information comes from member Chti Greg on Disney Central Plaza forum, who provided the original forewarning of the July tests — and just happens to work as a cast member on the attraction itself.
More: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/08/ ... le-return/

ColdSun

Great thing that Fastpass is available for CC again.
About the ride itself: I totally loved it, it was so much fun. My friend and I screamed our lungs out during the entire second part but I would definetely go again.

Tinkerbelle

We went to the Studios almost as soon as it opened at 10 AM (it was already open!  :shock: ) and we were in queue for Crush waiting for it to open, we had quite a lot of people ahead of us already but we decided to wait or we would never ride it ...
we were supposed to ride as soon as it would open or have maybe like 15 minutes of wait but... they turned out to be 1 1/2 hour.... we were like dying there waiting... something broke down and they had to repair it (they only made the announcement in french and we didn't get what they said)

60...75 minutes of wait and never less than that...but... an hour and a half was too much :P
we finally rode it and we liked it but it wasn't THAT good for that kind of long lines
I was kind of dizzy in the last half of the ride and dissapointed because the shield was supposed to turn so that you wouldn't have to ride backwards... but it didn't except once, almost all of the time backwards!!!!!!

ightenhill

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"I was kind of dizzy in the last half of the ride and dissapointed because the shield was supposed to turn so that you wouldn't have to ride backwards... but it didn't except once, almost all of the time backwards!!!!!!

Its an odd ride... I think it looks better in the themed section facing forwards but i swear the second part is better facing back (from the start).. Im not sure if it really makes any difference and the whole turns are actually programmed; but I swear its even better when theres someone (ahem) a little on the large side in the other two seats... Then its seems to really flick and give you the impression of not knowing which way up you are...  :mrgreen:
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

mehdi5

Has anyone noticed lately there is more light in the main coaster section? I noticed it during my trip last week, somewhere near the end you could see the car storage section from the coaster section and nearly every piece of track in the coaster section was visible, i also got stuck for a few minutes in the brakes, there was a little technical problem but then you could really notice how light it was, you could litterally see all the track, not saying the ride wasn't fun, it was very fun indeed but they need to dim the lights about 20 or 25 percent.

davewasbaloo

Crush Coaster fast pass is aweful.

The one day we were there where fast pass was not in use, the wait for Crush was about 60min, Cars 25min, and Carpets 5-10min. When fastpass was on with similar crowds (RNRC waits and TOT similar), standby on Crush was at 2.5 hours, Cars 50 min, and Carpets 45 mins.

Not good for the park at all. The Studios was mobbed!!!!
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

The little spinning turtle thing in front of crush disapeared again:

( :arrow: //http://www.mousy.be/5september08.html)

Maybe it looked simply to hmmm ....ugly?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Aww, I liked it in the end! It's exactly the kind of thing the Studios needs. Well, no, the Studios needs a dark ride and more things to walk around... but it's those kind of little props and things which they just never bothered with before.

With this being DLRP, can we guess that it broke and they removed it rather than fixing it?

Nala_84

Oh no, I hope it will come back? Never seen it in reality, but found it quite cute on the pictures :mrgreen:

And what about Fast Pass right now? Will it come nack, or is it still there? How went the 2nd testing?

And another thing we only talked about at the beginning... what about the possibility of Onride-photos taken at Crush's, does anyone know more what Disney's thinking about that?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

QuoteWith this being DLRP, can we guess that it broke and they removed it rather than fixing it?

Wanna bet it was stolen? :lol:  Knowing the reputation at DLRP... The  "elevator out of order" sign in ToT's lobby was stolen after 3 days of opening and Melanie's necklace in Phantom Manor disappears every summer.

Owain

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteWith this being DLRP, can we guess that it broke and they removed it rather than fixing it?

Wanna bet it was stolen? :lol:  Knowing the reputation at DLRP... The  "elevator out of order" sign in ToT's lobby was stolen after 3 days of opening and Melanie's necklace in Phantom Manor disappears every summer.

Sounds bad but what amazing souveniers they would be...  :lol:

bigrossco

Quote from: "Kristof"

Sounds like you know to much? :D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Quote from: "bigrossco"
Quote from: "Kristof"Wanna bet it was stolen? :lol:  Knowing the reputation at DLRP... The  "elevator out of order" sign in ToT's lobby was stolen after 3 days of opening and Melanie's necklace in Phantom Manor disappears every summer.
Sounds like you know to much? :D
:lol: Inside job! How on earth would you steal Melanie's necklace anyway? Any clues, Kristof? :P

Is this also why that sign inside the loading area disappeared right after opening, and was only replaced earlier this year? (and now the dirt fading around it doesn't match up) Imagine trying to get out of the park...