Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kellogs"Actually Spinball Whizzer has a terrible maintenance record, and costs the park the most hassle and money. It has been said that managerment regret putting in Spinball because of the amount of hassle its caused them. It is getting better though it seems, the longer its been there.

So was it just luck that it didn't break down during the whole two days of my visit? :?

I've also never seen Dragon's Fury at Chessington break down, and I go there fairly often.

Kellogs

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Kellogs"Actually Spinball Whizzer has a terrible maintenance record, and costs the park the most hassle and money. It has been said that managerment regret putting in Spinball because of the amount of hassle its caused them. It is getting better though it seems, the longer its been there.

So was it just luck that it didn't break down during the whole two days of my visit? :?

I've also never seen Dragon's Fury at Chessington break down, and I go there fairly often.

Probably! Lol As I said, it is improving - i've noticed that just from my many visits! (I live 20 minutes away and tend to go every other weekend lol)

It was having a lot of problems mainly in 2006, early 2007, lost track of the amount of ride passes I got from the ride breaking down when I was in the queue! Luckily it seems to be on the mend! Hopefully its all down to teething issues, and Crush might go the same way! :)

Katie-Sparrow

I think its great that it now has a fast-pass (even though it didnt last week)!
but, raptor, how can they make a second track - that is a silly idea, whats wrong with two que's!
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

ford prefect

Sadly they can't make 2 ride tracks, which is the reason why fast pass can't work.

Fast pass needs a second load area, otherwise all the people queueing for the stand by (ie normal queue) are delayed by the people in the fast pass line who are all essentially pushing in.

All that then happens is that the stand by queue gets longer since those queueing not only have to wait for their turn, but also wait whilst the fast pass people have their go.

If a second track was present (which can't be done because of the nature of the ride) loading would be much quicker, hence the point that fast pass cannot and shouldnot work on crushes coaster
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Katie-Sparrow

I still think it's a great idea if people are delayed in the normal que then alright but they won't be by much anyway. Two tracks is a silly idea and would NOT work unless they built a whole new extra building, which is a waste of money and space.
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

ford prefect

That is the point!  2 tracks are needed to make fast pass work properly, however they can't build a second track, so fast pass won't work.  

It is IMO a shortlived experiment as Raptor1982 said to appease the crowds.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Kristof

Quotebut they won't be by much anyway

With all due respect, but I don't think you understand how Fast Pass works!  It's not just two queues that merge into the loading station.  If it were that simple...

Did you know that a bunch of attractions at the original Disneyland were stripped down from Fast Pass because they caused problems with the standby queue line?  

QuoteI still think it's a great idea if people are delayed in the normal que

Well...  :?  In Fast Pass rides is the Standby Queue line always delayed, but with a ride like Crush's Coaster there's not enough capacity for the vehicles to allow such a system.  

The thing they're doing now is hand out a very LIMITED amount of Fast Passes each hour and will make only a few people happy, while others stand in line for 2 hours in return.  That's not a great idea at all.

Disneymania

We used the fastpasses for Crushes Coaster last week and it was still a long wait (about 45 minutes)  Having said that the main queue was always averaging about 90 minutes and this seemed to be from 10.30am onwards!

Disneymania
DLRP 9th July 2008

Kristof

Disneymania, did you have to start queueing from the covered queue line?

Grumpy76

When I visited WDS last week there were 3 days where you could use the fast pass system. At day 4 fast pass was closed again. I don't know why. Does anybody know?

I used fast pass on Crush's Coaster one day. The regular waiting time was 90 minutes and I waited 30 minutes. I think this was better than to wait 90 minutes although 30 minutes for a fast pass are also long.

The attraction is the only one in WDS that can be used by the whole family and so there is always a minimum waiting time of 75 minutes. In fact it is a great ride.  :D
When I visited the Studios there was never a break down at this attraction. Is it very often?

Greets
Kathrin

Kristof

QuoteAt day 4 fast pass was closed again. I don't know why. Does anybody know?

There's a limited amount of Fast Passes that are handed out through the machines, at any Fast Pass ride.  However at Crush's Coaster, the amount of Fast Passes is very limited to cause as little problems as possible for the stand bye queue line.  (which was 120 minutes on Sunday btw).

Riebi

Quote from: "Kristof"(which was 120 minutes on Sunday btw).

OMG! Sounds not like a proper solution!
 :shock:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Disneymania

Quote from: "Kristof"Disneymania, did you have to start queueing from the covered queue line?

The fast pass line was just where they were letting people through the ropes at the enterance - so a little longer than just at the covered queue.  There was the main queue and then the fast pass queue literally the other side of the rope, along side.

Disneymania
DLRP 9th July 2008

Kristof

Well all signs have been removed again from the Flying Carpets Fast Pass machines...  I wonder if they'll return soon?

Maarten

Quote from: "Kristof"Well all signs have been removed again from the Flying Carpets Fast Pass machines...  I wonder if they'll return soon?

Lets hope not. However, it was already clear that these Fastpass tests would only last a week or so, wasn't it? :)