Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

[strike:2w4vpv75]What a great idea[/strike:2w4vpv75] Disaster waiting to happen! #-o  ](*,) This ought to be interesting! :roll:

Where do people get in the line with their FP tickets?

Maarten

I was quite surprised when the tipsboards mentioned "fastpass available" at Crush's Coaster today. However, I didn't check it out. Its a shame that this ride still has so many technical problems.

Kristof

Some pictures from our DLRP news update.

evil cod

oh dear :( any ideas on what effect it was having on throughput raptor?

Nala_84

Oh, thought that wouldn't be possible here?!

Will this have influence on the break-downs of the last weeks/months?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Standby queue line doubled through out the day!!!   :roll:   That's why it's not possible to have Fast Pass on this kind of ride!  If they REALLY want a solution, they have to build a second track and use that for Fast Pass riders only...

Captain Pan

Quote from: "raptor1982"Standby queue line doubled through out the day!!!   :roll:   That's why it's not possible to have Fast Pass on this kind of ride!  If they REALLY want a solution, they have to build a second track and use that for Fast Pass riders only...

Wasn't that one of the concerns people have had on here?

Now.. Raptor... why aren't you employed by Imagineering... They need someone with Spark and most importantly Common Sense it seems! Plus you could take some of our ideas from The Sorcerers Workshop!

ightenhill

So whats the tactic now for crush, grab fastpass, join normal, use fastpass after grabbing a second fastpass or is it all fastpass gone in 1 hour..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Kristof

I'm confident they have a very limited amount of available fast passes.  I'm sure it's just to show guests there's a Fast Pass system so they stop complaining at Studio Services...

Nicholas-c

Erm, wow, i really wasn't expecting fastpass for crushes coaster O.o the queston now it why didn't they have this when it first opened ? :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Erm, wow, i really wasn't expecting fastpass for crushes coaster O.o the queston now it why didn't they have this when it first opened ? :p

Crush's Coaster is not designed to have a Fast Pass. And it shouldn't.

littlemermaid83

Fastpass for Crush cant be all bad can it?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

RnRCj

I'm not really sure what to think of this. :?

I think it's a bad idea in the way that it makes the stand-by queue much longer, but I think it's a good idea in the way that we won't have to queue as long now. To be honest I don't really mind whether they keep the system or scrap it.

Changing the subject; why is it that Crush's Coaster breaks down SO much? When I visited Alton Towers recently I rode Spinball Whizzer many times (it's the same type of roller coaster as Crush) and I never saw it break down once. What is it with CC that makes it so unreliable?

mehdi5

Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm not really sure what to think of this. :?

I think it's a bad idea in the way that it makes the stand-by queue much longer, but I think it's a good idea in the way that we won't have to queue as long now. To be honest I don't really mind whether they keep the system or scrap it.

Changing the subject; why is it that Crush's Coaster breaks down SO much? When I visited Alton Towers recently I rode Spinball Whizzer many times (it's the same type of roller coaster as Crush) and I never saw it break down once. What is it with CC that makes it so unreliable?
Spinball Whizzer is a different type of Spinner, Crush is an SC2000 while Spinball is a SC3000, and the biggest things that cause the breakdowns are the effects, the breakdowns often have nothing to do with the main track and cars.

Kellogs

Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm not really sure what to think of this. :?

Actually Spinball Whizzer has a terrible maintenance record, and costs the park the most hassle and money. It has been said that managerment regret putting in Spinball because of the amount of hassle its caused them. It is getting better though it seems, the longer its been there.