Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flounder

Quote from: "raptor1982"Queue lines dropped to 45 minutes when we were there.

Great! Thanks a lot for that useful information! And sorry again for not reading the complete thread - I will catch up on everything from time to time - there's obviously a load of interesting stuff in here. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Flounder

TowMater

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteI hope you don't mind that I did not read the complete thread and excuse me if my question should have already been answered - but what I'd like to know is if there are any recommendations on when to ride Crush's Coaster.

I suggested a couple of topics above yours that the best time I noticed is during the Cinema parade.  Queue lines dropped to 45 minutes when we were there.

Maybe we should go on it when the parade is on.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

GeoffD

Quote from: "Nala_84"Do you think or assume, raptor, that Crush's que line could shrunk in the lower season? As far as I know there aren't french school holidays from 23rd - 26th September, could the waiting time be shorter than now, in the High season of summer?!

i'd say so, you'll still be there a while queing. But hopefully not half as long as you would be in High Season

MSW

Well, sneak in! When in the morning in WDS, while 'Good Morning Walt Disney Studios' starts, you see all people staring at it. if you are not that easy to notice and you're quick, sneak between people and try not to look back :P . It'll save you tons of minutes. (I did too)

Now they only have to add on-ride pictures and Fastpasses!

But, I have a little question: Has anyone got the on-ride photo's, of the jellyfish, the shark(s), the lantern fish, the underwater world, and the tons of pretty lights?
Or a link?
Because my mom is scared of everything, even Pirates, so she couldn't go on. And the on-ride videos are not that High Quality.
Please?

Japper

Quote from: "MSW"Well, sneak in! When in the morning in WDS, while 'Good Morning Walt Disney Studios' starts, you see all people staring at it. if you are not that easy to notice and you're quick, sneak between people and try not to look back :P . It'll save you tons of minutes. (I did too)

I hope for you that your joking about this..

MSW

Quote from: "Japper"I hope for you that your joking about this..

Well, I'm hoping for me that you won't tell this to the staff, but that would be a bit of mean.
I'm not encouraging or something, but only I did it.
It could be a joke, if you're smart, but the line in that case, isn't bonded with ropes. so you indeed can skip 50 people as they watch parades.
And, I certainly did this. more people do this.
People find it normal to be like that, and I was like with a group of 20 people. So I could. Was it that wrong? Illegal?
I really know about how you get pulled out of line when staff sees it.
And I'm only 16 years old, if you must know.

But: has anyone got on-ride photos? That would be so cool! Thanks.

Disneyana

So after my trip to DLP we rode Crush too of course. And the ride is great, great, great, great, great. One of my favs now. the dark ride section is so beautiful and the animation of squit and nemo is cool. And I spotted a Hidden Mickey there. the Coaster section is awesome and much wilder as I had expected it to be. You totally loose your orientation. But sadly the queue time is way too long to ride it again. we waited 90 minutes, and this at low season ! I said to one of the ride's Cast Member that the attraction should get a Fast Pass. But he explained me that this will not happen, because of the capacity of the ride it is not possible to creat two waiting lines at one time. So the average waiting time will be between 60 and 90 minutes.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

RnRCj

Quote from: "Disneyana"So after my trip to DLP we rode Crush too of course. And the ride is great, great, great, great, great. One of my favs now. the dark ride section is so beautiful and the animation of squit and nemo is cool. And I spotted a Hidden Mickey there. the Coaster section is awesome and much wilder as I had expected it to be. You totally loose your orientation. But sadly the queue time is way too long to ride it again. we waited 90 minutes, and this at low season ! I said to one of the ride's Cast Member that the attraction should get a Fast Pass. But he explained me that this will not happen, because of the capacity of the ride it is not possible to creat two waiting lines at one time. So the average waiting time will be between 60 and 90 minutes.

When did you ride it? What date? :?: I just want to know for my visit in a few days :wink:

Disneyana

we rode it on the 5th september. It was a wednesday. We were right after park opening in the park and headed for Crush, but it wasn't open then. we went there again at 2 p.m. and the queue was 90 min. On the next day we went again to the studios in the morning and just after park opening the queue was up to 90 min again.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

RnRCj

Quote from: "Disneyana"we rode it on the 5th september. It was a wednesday. We were right after park opening in the park and headed for Crush, but it wasn't open then. we went there again at 2 p.m. and the queue was 90 min. On the next day we went again to the studios in the morning and just after park opening the queue was up to 90 min again.

Hopefully it will go down a bit for my visit :? Although I'm riding it however long the queueline is :P

DynastyGo

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Disneyana"we rode it on the 5th september. It was a wednesday. We were right after park opening in the park and headed for Crush, but it wasn't open then. we went there again at 2 p.m. and the queue was 90 min. On the next day we went again to the studios in the morning and just after park opening the queue was up to 90 min again.

Hopefully it will go down a bit for my visit :? Although I'm riding it however long the queueline is :P

During the week (for september) it is 50 minutes of queue because the resort is empty, during the week end there is more than 100 minutes, and with halloween it will be the same I think. If you come for the opening of the park at 10, you have to know that since august you are no longer stopped at the end of studio 1, all th park is now open at 9.30 AM, the attractions won't open until 10, but as there is now many people in the WDS the queue of crush begin a 9.30 AM.

If you want less people you have to go on monday-tuesday (no High School Musical & Stitch show, many restaurants in Disneyland Park are closed too) or thursday

RnRCj

Quote from: "DynastyGo"
Quote from: "RnRCj"

During the week (for september) it is 50 minutes of queue because the resort is empty, during the week end there is more than 100 minutes, and with halloween it will be the same I think. If you come for the opening of the park at 10, you have to know that since august you are no longer stopped at the end of studio 1, all th park is now open at 9.30 AM, the attractions won't open until 10, but as there is now many people in the WDS the queue of crush begin a 9.30 AM.

If you want less people you have to go on monday-tuesday (no High School Musical & Stitch show, many restaurants in Disneyland Park are closed too) or thursday

50 minutes isn't too bad. I thought it might be about one and a half to two hours :lol: I can handle 50 minutes quite easily :P

The Butlin Boy

smurfy74

First thing in the morning you can get on in about 15 minutes, and this week we waited just 10 minutes in the late afternoon, make sure you ride it - its the best

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"There's a new sign!!!
Can anyone remember what it replaced? I noticed the empty spot in August and wondered why they had to remove something.

It looks a bit silly with the shadow of the old sign still there.

As much as I quite liked Crush, some parts of it seriously feel like they just plain ran out of money. It doesn't help that from the boring outside queue area you can see backstage vehicles and CMs heading to Costuming through the gaps in the wooden fence, either... :roll:  [/today's rant over]