Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Nath"fly_with_me_dumbo, due to the new regulations of the Maurer Spinning rides, you're not actually aloud to have more than two adults on the ride now, so they ussually (in other parks) send the cars half empty. If you're classed as "small" then if you get in the car with two adults i'd imagain they'd try and get one child on their own to sit with you, but somehow I don't see that happening.

Not true, Crush reguarly loads 3 or 4 adults a car (in fact there must have been 48 stone (or about 1400kg) in our car/turtle with no problem.
since 2001 (many before that)

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Nath"fly_with_me_dumbo, due to the new regulations of the Maurer Spinning rides, you're not actually aloud to have more than two adults on the ride now, so they ussually (in other parks) send the cars half empty. If you're classed as "small" then if you get in the car with two adults i'd imagain they'd try and get one child on their own to sit with you, but somehow I don't see that happening.

Not true, Crush reguarly loads 3 or 4 adults a car (in fact there must have been 48 stone (or about 1400kg) in our car/turtle with no problem.

oh now youve all confused me, if i was on my own, and the 2 seats behind me was full would they fill the one at side of me, i only way like seven and half stone, so they would class me as small, i was just windering, if there was another family behind me that had even numbers would they split them up to put them next to me? I thought normally when someone goes on a ride on their own say potc they put them in on one of the seats, and then move onto the next seat with the next people, but because this ride is so popular, do you think they would? i will hopefully run :D to the ride when wds opens

Nath

fly_with_me_dumbo, regarding your question, it all comes down to capacity and what the ride attendants want to do, some are lazy and just send half full cars (not saying this happens in disney, but i'm on about in general parks) So if there is a family and you, I'd believe if someone was in the single rider queue (don't know if they have this in disney) they'd fill up the seat.

davewasbaloom, in all fairness I did say "in other parks" not necessarily on Crush.

MSW

I have 2 questions, maybe posted millions o'times before, but:

Are seats comfortable? Tiny as Flying Over Agrabah?

Does it spin that much, that you can rally decide how you will sit?
[/i][/b]

Bowie

Realy short: today was there a new projection of crush at the end of the ride . He is waving to you and say something , it looks like he is swimming really beautifull

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Bowie"Realy short: today was there a new projection of crush at the end of the ride . He is waving to you and say something , it looks like he is swimming really beautifull

That's great news, thanks Bowie.

It's so great to see that they are still improving and expanding the rides features even now after its been open for about a month :)

RnRCj

It's nice to hear details are still being added :)

MSW

Are seats comfortable? Tiny as Flying Over Agrabah?

Does it spin that much, that you can rally decide how you will sit?
[/b]

RnRCj

What are the queues like now for Crush? Still hours? :?

RocketBabyDoll

MSW, the seats are okay. But well, I'm a small person so maybe my impression doesn't count. And I don't really get your second question.
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

MSW

well, the part 'that you can really decide how you will sit?' sounds indeed a bit strange, so:

If you sit in position, like Nath said before, do you really make a spin? [/i]I mean, if 2 larger people really sit diagonal, that the cart's spin is fast, or mild, or absolutely not:

All I wanted to know if you really spin (that you can notice you are spinning)[/i]

I'm sorry for my 'language use' but my english isn't that appropriate!

MSW

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "MSW"well, the part 'that you can really decide how you will sit?' sounds indeed a bit strange, so:

If you sit in position, like Nath said before, do you really make a spin? [/i]I mean, if 2 larger people really sit diagonal, that the cart's spin is fast, or mild, or absolutely not:

All I wanted to know if you really spin (that you can notice you are spinning)[/i]

I'm sorry for my 'language use' but my english isn't that appropriate!

MSW

No problem MSW.  It might be me, but it didn't feel like we spun much, just more of a case of spinning into a new ride position for different track features.  I would try not to overthink it an just enjoy.
since 2001 (many before that)

MSW

hehe, thanks, but I didn't want to get dizzy and all after the ride.
Just wanted to know. 8)

Nath

MSW, these rides arn't desined to make you dizzy. Even if you make the cars spin quite a lot the forces keep you in your seat so you it's a little different from the general spinning sensation, it's not something that should make you sick. I've yet to ride Crush but i've ridden more faster and forcefull models of the same ride type and I never have a problem with feeling ill or too dizzy on them. So just enjoy it! :)

Imagineer

So ,Nath, are you saying that Crush is not actually as Mad Hatter's Tea Cups?