Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nath

Well as i've said, i've yet to ride crush, but i've been on larger versions of the ride type and smaller versions, the forces put on the body are different to say the general teacups. I have yet to also ride mad hatters but other "intense" tea cup rides i've been on do sometimes make you feel sick or have that horrible stomach with feeling.

Where as with rides like crush, they don't make me feel sick due to the traveling dirrection of the car you're in, so it's very different.

Although saying all of this, i hardly ever feel ill on rides unless they are traveling fair rides as they're often cheaply put together and the smell of petrol doesn't help.

Just give crush a go, i'm sure you'll really enjoy it! :)

Kristof

Quote from: "Bowie"Realy short: today was there a new projection of crush at the end of the ride . He is waving to you and say something , it looks like he is swimming really beautifull

In fact it was the most horrible effect of the whole ride... It's basically just a powerpoint slide of a still Crush image... You can hear him talk, but doesn't move at all.   :roll:

Cheap cheap cheap...

RnRCj

Quote from: "raptor1982"In fact it was the most horrible effect of the whole ride... It's basically just a powerpoint slide of a still Crush image... You can hear him talk, but doesn't move at all.   :roll:

Cheap cheap cheap...

So it's basically just a picture? How long are the queues now?

Kristof

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "raptor1982"In fact it was the most horrible effect of the whole ride... It's basically just a powerpoint slide of a still Crush image... You can hear him talk, but doesn't move at all.   :roll:

Cheap cheap cheap...

So it's basically just a picture? How long are the queues now?

Don't count on them getting shorter, not even during week days.  We started queueing at 17h17 and got out at 18h50, that includes half an hour 101.  When our vehicle entered the station, the ride went in 101 again.  When we came outside the line was still stretching out in the Aladdin oasis.

MSW

Aw, that's not nice at all.
And it's mostly the families with KIDS, right?
Logical, but can't people send them back to peter pan? :P  :wink:
MSW~

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Don't count on them getting shorter, not even during week days.  We started queueing at 17h17 and got out at 18h50, that includes half an hour 101.  When our vehicle entered the station, the ride went in 101 again.  When we came outside the line was still stretching out in the Aladdin oasis.

A little bit offtopic, but can you tell how attendance was during the days you visited? Ofcourse 14 Julliet must have been quite busy, but how are the Studios doing more then a month after Toon Studio opened? :)

Kristof

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "raptor1982"Don't count on them getting shorter, not even during week days.  We started queueing at 17h17 and got out at 18h50, that includes half an hour 101.  When our vehicle entered the station, the ride went in 101 again.  When we came outside the line was still stretching out in the Aladdin oasis.

A little bit offtopic, but can you tell how attendance was during the days you visited? Ofcourse 14 Julliet must have been quite busy, but how are the Studios doing more then a month after Toon Studio opened? :)

The attendance of the park on its own was manageable.  There were obvious more people, but didn't effect queue lines too much (but then again, it's summer, so most attraction are running on a higher capacity than usual).  Attendance at DLP on Sunday was actually quite low, maximum wait time at BTM was 35 minutes, while Crush's Coaster had a 100 minutes line.

speedpacket

Quote from: "Maarten"

I was there from friday til monday, and all I can say is that I was amazed to find a far less busy resort than I would have expected for Quattorze Juillet...

Two things that might explain is that there was a lot of activity done in Paris, which people can go see for free rather than pay a 50 EUR entrance to DLRP, and if people remember what happened last year with the fireworks at DLRP, they might have preferred to go elsewhere this year :)

Crush was indeed an average of 100 - 120 minutes ADVERTISED, but we never spent more than 45 - 50 minutes in the queue, and we have been on the ride a few times!

Either way - even a 100 minute wait would be worth it for me...

With regards to the goodbye scene that was installed - I didn't realise it was just a still picture - I could have sworn it moved, but then again it might very well be the case that it is indeed a still pictures...  You only get a short glimpse of it, and that is if you are in the right direction when passing that bit of track...  They also only installed one screen, which means that only half of the riders in their shells can see the scene...

I still believe Crush is a GREAT ride, and never understood why people don't like the ride.  Sure they can still add some stuff, but the idea is brilliant, and the coaster part is really great...

If I would change anything, I would add actual water in the splash scene outside of the building similar to the one on BTM so that when you hear the splash sound, you actually get wet as well - that would be brilliant!  Perhaps I should just wait for a stormy day to go on there and get wet when you come outside of the building :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Disneyana

Oh I really hope that the waiting time will not be so long when I'm there. But sure, it's a new attraction and nearly everybody wants to ride it. I remember at the beginning of SM there were long waiting times and a lot of 101s too.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

QuoteYou only get a short glimpse of it

Unless there's a vehicle build up of vehicles that have to return to the station... Then you'll have plenty of time to look at it, like we did... I can guarantee you it was a still image.  

If they would have made it move, like flip and turn, it wouldn't look that boring, like they do with the Squirt image in the coasterpart.

RnRCj

Thanks. What does 101 mean? I keep hearing it! :lol:

davewasbaloo

Code 101 is the radio code for "Broken down" at Disney parks around the globe
since 2001 (many before that)

speedpacket

http://cascanning.tripod.com/info/disneycodes.html
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

RnRCj

Thanks for clearing that up davewasbaloo and speedpacket! :D

Now I understand what 101 means I'm going to have to read through everywhere I've read it before again :P

Grandmath

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteYou only get a short glimpse of it

Unless there's a vehicle build up of vehicles that have to return to the station... Then you'll have plenty of time to look at it, like we did... I can guarantee you it was a still image.  

If they would have made it move, like flip and turn, it wouldn't look that boring, like they do with the Squirt image in the coasterpart.

I saw it too, and as I can remember, Crush is waving to us a little bit. Wasn't 100% still anyway, maybe they had just installed it and are working on it.