Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Thats totally true Patmagic! Last weekend i was there and for the first time in the 5 years of opening i found it busy and crowded! So when the ToT opens i guess that will blow the roof off WDS  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Masamune

Quote from: "tubbsy"Its definately going to be  "Either we ride it as soon as we get in the park first thing in the morning or not at all" on our visit. 1 hour max is enough queueng time for me :D

(Miserable old boot that I am! :lol: )
:lol: That was my mentality on the day we went to the Studios. But as soon as the doors opened, the whole crowd just ran in the direction of Crush. :o We figured we were gonna have to que a long time no matter when we got in the que, so we did everything else we wanted to do first.

After we did Aerosmith, Good Morning WDS, Animagique, the Lilo and Stitch show and the High School Musical show, THEN we went to que for Crush. :P The sign thing said it was a 75 minute wait, but it was actually about 1 hour.

:lol: No matter when you go there's bound to be a big que. Not only is it a new ride, it's an awesome one too. :D If the que would've been longer than 1 hour, it still would've been worth it.

fly_with_me_dumbo

just to confirm for me this is not an on ride photo one, its just i think i read this before but after flicking through 10 pages i got bored :oops:

Kristof

You obviously skipped page one, first topic!  :wink:

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "raptor1982"You obviously skipped page one, first topic!  :wink:

yeah a bit stupid :oops:  i went backwards from page 44, didnt think of starting at the beginning, oh well everyone has their moments :D

tubbsy

I'm really beginning to feel that maybe we'll leave Crush for our next visit when littlun will be 7. I keep reading reports and looking at clips and I am becoming REALLY unsure about how he will react.

When the shell spins round and you are looking up, then looking down are you really aware this is happening or is there a lot of stuff around to take your mind off whats actually happening?

And I've read in the thread about where to sit.
So if me n hubby sat back to back we'd weight the shell so it wouldnt spin as much?....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

RocketBabyDoll

I don't know about the weight thing, but you do notice the spinning. There isn't really that much to look at. It's not spinning insanely fast though. The thing that probably could scare children is going backwards. We went down the steep hill backwards and it was...well exciting.
Don\'t waste your time or time will waste you

Nath

As I've posted before, regarding the correct weighing of a Maurer Söhne spinning coaster, you can determine how you want to spin. I will draw a small diagram to help.

Lets say 'X' Is the bigger person, and 'Z' is the smaller person. Now if you're going as a family of four, you'd want the two biggest people to sit on the same side, and the two little people to sit on the other. Examples of this are shown in a small diagram below for you.

As you can see, two larger people are on one end, and the two smaller are on the other. This isn't the only way things can be balanced out, examples of slow spinning or even less spinning can be found if you arrange the people like the following:

However, if you're looking for a faster spin, you've got to make the car odd; the only way you can do this is, by adding the two largest people diagonally. This will give you a definite larger spin, due the unbalanced car, examples of this are.

I hope this helps Tubbsy and I apologies in advance about my theme park geeky-ness, I know a little too much about manufacturers etc.

-Nath :)

RnRCj

What if there were only two riders? :lol: (I'm complicating things now :P)

madame_leota

nath thats great that you did that!! better not sit me and my sister in oppsite sides, the shell will spin off the track!! :lol:

im looking forward to it so much!

TowMater

Here is a video of the queue and on-ride of the ride.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/se ... isney-stud

I was serching in Disney Pixar Cars while I was finding this.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

tubbsy

Thats EXACTLY what I wanted Nath, couldnt find the info when I was looking for it, so thanks for putting it on again.  :D

From that video it looks as though the spinning section isnt for too long

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

fly_with_me_dumbo

i will be going on it on my own as my mum wont do spinning, if the que was really really long is their any way they could stand with me and then go when i get to the end without having to get on the ride :lol: also would they put me in with some other people like 2 at back of me and one next to me or would i be sat on my own on my side?

if the que thing isnt going to work, i'll run when the park opens :D  so they dont have to wait long :D

disney_donutter

awww I would come on it with you! lol

Nath

fly_with_me_dumbo, due to the new regulations of the Maurer Spinning rides, you're not actually aloud to have more than two adults on the ride now, so they ussually (in other parks) send the cars half empty. If you're classed as "small" then if you get in the car with two adults i'd imagain they'd try and get one child on their own to sit with you, but somehow I don't see that happening.

RnRj, having only two people doesn't complicate things, you still use my guide to set out how you want the car to spin, works exactly the same with two people, regardless of their size, just compare it to my sketches and see where you should sit with what kind of spin you want.

Tubbsy, i'm really glad i've helped, it's a shame things like that aren't posted on the net somewhere, but some parks do have a little sign telling you how to weigh it out around the queueline. Sadly, I haven't been to Disney since Crush opened so I don't know if this sign exists there.