Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjulie75

You mentioned a Press Event next weekend, have you any details because I will be there then?  Would it be worthwhile going?  Thanks

Kinou

BIG day today at the studios. I was at the ceremony in the morning, working. 5000 guests heading at Crush is impressive ;)

It was one of the biggest day for the WDS, 14 000 guests approximatively. CRUSH always 1hr queue from  10 to 18 at least. After the parade: 3 HOURS!!!

Cars also got huge lines !
Hug it out bitch !

tubbsy

So come on! what is the official height? Its up and running, they must have made a decision!

I'll edit that. It sounds really stroppy!  :oops:

Now that crush is finally officially open, what is the height restriction or are they still fine tuning?

That sounds better! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

GeoffD

someone said 1.02

Well it's finally up and running. Can't wait for my turn in a few weeks

RnRCj

It's great to hear that these new attractions are attracting so many guests to WDS :D 3 hour queues :shock:

Kristof

Quote from: "pjulie75"You mentioned a Press Event next weekend, have you any details because I will be there then?  Would it be worthwhile going?  Thanks

There won't be much visible of the event for park guests.  Most of it happens after park closure.

RnRCj

This is probably a little bit off-topic but does anybody know how long the Rock n Roller Coaster queues were yesterday? 'Cause they're usually fairly short :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"This is probably a little bit off-topic but does anybody know how long the Rock n Roller Coaster queues were yesterday? 'Cause they're usually fairly short :roll:
That is a little off topic, to be posted in a Crush's Coaster topic.

Maybe the Just how frightening is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster? topic might be better, since it's become a general RNRC discussion.

pjulie75

I just wondered, has the height been confirmed at 1.02? Thanks, I am keen to know as I am visiting on Tuesday, I can't wait!!! :nemo:

TowMater

Quote from: "pjulie75"I just wondered, has the height been confirmed at 1.02? Thanks, I am keen to know as I am visiting on Tuesday, I can't wait!!! :nemo:

I don't know yet, I'll make sure on DLRP websites but the Tower of Terror one should be raised higher since it travels up and down very fast.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Nala_84

Hey guys!

Malheureusement, my French is not very good :D! I saw some great onride-pics on dlrp.fr and now I'm asking myself whether they'll maybe install an onride-photo-cam?! Or maybe I'm blended by the pictures and they say it won't be possible?! Perhaps the pics are only photoshopped?
Maybe someone here who could translate the article? (google is okay but I still don't understand if it's possible or not *g*).

Here it is:
http://www.dlrp.fr/actualites_dark-ride ... _1541.html
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

They're just official Disney publicity photos, sorry.

If they ever did add an on-ride photo to Crush, it'd be on the outside drop like how SM's is before you go inside the mountain.  The flash of the camera would ruin the dark otherwise.

Nala_84

Ah okay, but thank you anyways ;)!

So this would be possible, installing an onride-cam on the outside? Thiw would be great, too  :lol:

What about POTC, the cam is also in the dark there, so why wouldn't it work at Crush's?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

CafeFantasia

Are we ever gonna get any new Crush's Coaster on ride videos? So far there's only been one. Haven't quite a lot of you guys ridden it? Don't you own cameras? :-) The best thing would be for someone to take a Night Shot camcorder on it, to get something other than total darkness.

Nath

Regarding the onride photographs situation, a lot of Maurer Söhne spinning coasters I have been on, the cameras are often at the end of the first drop. Not only do they have two cameras, but four, to make sure the right angle is captured due to the spinning of the car.

This could easily be implimented into the ride as long as there is space to fit four cameras and flash's. A good idea to get this effect, without ruining the dark ride area for the other guests is, build a small tunnel around the small part of the track and cameras.

This can be done with just a simple pole frame of a cuboid which the track and riders go through, if draped with dark enough fabric, it wont reflect the light and will also not make it visible to other guests in the ride area.

Then there's the argument about, well all you'd see is a black background, but looking at all of the photographs in themeparks in the past, there is a graphic which is applied on top anyway, something nice could be done here if they were to super impose crush into the graphic so it actually looks like you're riding him.

I don't think this whole set up would be that hard as it has been implimented on other low budget coasters before. Let's just hope they think hard about this one.

-Nath