Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britincgn

I doubt if the waiting time will be too long in the future.Remember it was a preview and I noticed everytime they had a breakdown they spent a lot of time writing everything down for future reference.
Also without a fast pass everything should go faster anyway.
Did anyone see the Hidden Mickey?
Also loved the cue line in the main building(keep your head ,arms,legs and fins inside the vehicle at all times :D

Kinou

My bet is that the waiting line will be as long, if longer, than last weekend. The capacity of the attraction is very low. Add the major breakdowns and you'll get a line approaching those of Peter Pan's Flight. I hope I'm wrong though.

Crush will be a ride to do first in the morning or last in the day, in order to avoid the queues...
Hug it out bitch !

humbug83

was it really really fast?!  :shock:

TowMater

Quote from: "humbug83"was it really really fast?!  :shock:

It depends on how much weight your party is.

My mum is 14 pounds and my dad is 16 pounds but he has a shoulder problem and he may not ride.

So just think if your family was overweight and your family was on the ride with you, you might be zooming over 100mph.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Jarjarbings

I found the hidden Mickey first time. It is one of the floating mine just after the jelly fish.

A friend of mine working at WDS told me that DLRP is thinking to slow down a little bit the ride as a lot of people got kind of disea during the testings cause there is no fix decoration inside the dark ride and you cannot fix a point. You spin and spin and spin....

Grandmath

If they slow down the ride then it will have almost no interest left, as the fun of the ride is the only sure thing in the coaster. There will be nothing to look out for to compensate. Furthermore, I don't know how they could do it, sure they have break zones, but it already slows the vehicles too much for me :(

Bowie

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid= ... 7s+coaster

Nice short movie , making of ... Crush's Coaster and Cars Race Rally I found it on video.google when I was Searching for Crush's Coaster

Bowie

speedpacket

Quote from: "Jarjarbings"A friend of mine working at WDS told me that DLRP is thinking to slow down a little bit the ride as a lot of people got kind of disea during the testings cause there is no fix decoration inside the dark ride and you cannot fix a point. You spin and spin and spin....
Well - in my honst opinion, the turning actually makes the ride a lot more comfortable; imagine if the vehicles didn't turn in the shar turns, you would certainly have way too much lateral G-forces working on you to make you feel comfortable.

It's just in people's minds that the turning makes you sick, as it actually contributes a lot to the comfort of the passengers :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

-breeno-

Quote from: "Bowie"http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-2653016464992794667&q=crush%27s+coaster

Nice short movie , making of ... Crush's Coaster and Cars Race Rally I found it on video.google when I was Searching for Crush's Coaster

Bowie

Nice video thanks Bowie  :D

I can't wait untill i'm going to DLRP in July  :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

steppelemming

I wont get to ride it for a couple of years or so now.  Our holiday was booked and paid for long before we knew the exact dates of opening for the new rides.  I was in the studios park on Tuesday and both crushes coaster and cars were open and running but they were special invite only so we didnt get to ride them  :cry:
Disney trips
1988 - WDW Florida
1994 - WDW Florida
1996 - WDW Florida
1998 - WDW Florida
2000 - DLRP Caravan
2001 - DLRP Hotel cheyenne
2007 - DLRP Explorers hotel
2008 - DLRP Kyriad hotel
2010 - DLRP xmas trip, sequoia lodge
2011 - DLRP hotel cheyenne
2012 - Halloween here we come

tubbsy

Well, its the official opening.

It will be interesting if the height will be 1m07 with a parental warning given. Its a bit late for me to ask if they would do that as its all open and running, but dont they do that for Pinnochio or Snow White in Disney Park?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Maarten

It seems that the queue for Crush's Coaster was already about 2 or 3 hours long this morning at 10:10 am. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad sign, especially with the low capacity of the ride in mind.

(Source: Zgun at //http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=413&start=540

Bowie

Didn't they make a special event to open the Toon Studio just like Buzz Lightyear with the Laser guns and the Green Soldiers and the Green 3 eyed monsters. It would be strange if they don't had a special opening !

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "TowMater"
Quote from: "humbug83"was it really really fast?!  :shock:

It depends on how much weight your party is.

My mum is 14 pounds and my dad is 16 pounds but he has a shoulder problem and he may not ride.

So just think if your family was overweight and your family was on the ride with you, you might be zooming over 100mph.

what is the avergae speed does anybody know, just out of interest.
i thought the lighter you were the faster it would go.
isnt 14lbs 1 stone??? lol

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Bowie"Didn't they make a special event to open the Toon Studio just like Buzz Lightyear with the Laser guns and the Green Soldiers and the Green 3 eyed monsters. It would be strange if they don't had a special opening !

The press event is next weekend.