Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

Is their any merchandise yet for Crush's Coaster? I only
saw this pins on Ebay :

Link

Kristof

I don't think those will be released in Paris...

QuoteWALT DISNEY IMAGINEERING EXCLUSIVE! FROM MICKEY'S OF GLENDALE -- WDI's EMPLOYEE STORE IN CALIFORNIA!

Imagineers releases for almost each new attraction a pin or in this case a pin set for their CM's...  

There will be a pin this month for both new attractions, but can't remember if they're going to be LE or not...

britincgn

These are my thought s on the ride.Even after a 1 hr 40 min wait for the ride we wernt dissapointed.The dark ride part of the attraction is wonderful although it could include a few more figures.Loved the Jelly fish(is that a mirror effect to make them look more than they acctually are?).The spinning part is action pure and great fun although I had expected more on the effects side.Nemo was cute in the last tunnel although I think thers is something missing at the end(how about Crush thanking you for riding him?)
Did any one else notice the three mines at the entrance to the Sub put together for a Hidden Mickey?
I think its a fantastic adiition to the park although I thought the organisation for the Shareholders preview was chaotic(Like I said the first tine we waited 1hr 40 and the attraction broke down our window for the ride was then over so we were told to come back again at 5 oclock,I accept that its a preview and these things can happen there were just to many people there at one time)
Still love it ,thanks Disney

tubbsy

D'you think that 1hr 40 is going to be a standard time, once its open to everyone? Or was the queue time caused by them trying to sort out the problem whilst you still queued?

If its the amount of people who want to ride it then thats a long old queue! I think that maybe if it is that we'll be riding it as soon as we get into the park-thats when we know the height restritction-and then avoid for the rest of the day. :D Just like BTM and without fastpass!

O.K, who will be "walking extremely quickly" to make Crush their first ride of the day? Of course none of us ever run through the parks first thing in the morning for our favourite attractions..... :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Angela

Euh Tubbs... actually... I never run to any attraction... I stand in line for 2 hours or so... I do not care... I do not hate qeuelines and stuff... but well... you know... I am a little weird ofcourse... grinz  :wink:

Masamune

:P We always do WDS on the last day, and we always made sure we're there at 10am ready for when it opens. :lol: Needless to say, we'll be walking quite quickly to get to Crush. :o No way I'm running though, it'll be too hot!

Buzz_Lightyear

Hi,

a friend of mine visits the resort now. Yesterday he told me that Crush´s Coaster will no open before Saturday. It seems that somethings wrong at the moment.

Kristof

QuoteIt seems that somethings wrong at the moment.

Your suggestion is based on what?  There are still previews going on up until Saturday for invitees, like sponsors, cast members, EDLI, etc.  The attraction will not open for the general public on June 9th.  :)

Or was your friend one of the invitees?  :?:

Buzz_Lightyear

My association from a Soft Opening is that the ride opens for a while, but if the mechanics has to do some changes they close the ride. But the newest statement in the resort was the ride stays closed till saturday. After some people rode crush in the last days, my thoughts were that they maybe have some technicals problems they have to solve. Nothing more.

Kristof

QuoteBut the newest statement in the resort was the ride stays closed till saturday

Just got phonecall from mod Flor that he rode Crush's Coaster 15 minutes ago, it's open for Cast Members the rest of the week during noon.

humbug83

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteBut the newest statement in the resort was the ride stays closed till saturday

Just got phonecall from mod Flor that he rode Crush's Coaster 15 minutes ago, it's open for Cast Members the rest of the week during noon.

Cool. Did he say what it was like?

Buzz_Lightyear

Ok, then they did it that way. In some german Themepark Boards they told about an Soft opening from the day after the shareholders preview. And i thought that they sometimes open the coaster for the public.

Kristof

Nope, that's fan talk...  :lol:   No just kidding, I pointed out in my message before that there are previews during the rest of the week for sponsors (for example Ford), Cast Members (during noon) and others as well.  In the mean time the coaster is closed for the public.  I believe it's open today in the afternoon for AP's, but I'm not sure...   :D

barryb

Hi Guys,

I was there for the AP preview on Saturday. Really fun ride!

On monday there was a CM preview and I was told I could come back Wednesday (today) between 10 and 12 with my AP and ride again.

Here's my video of the queue and loading station from Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwN8I-lDVCA

Enjoy!

Jarjarbings

Just got back from a trip to DLRP for the shareholders day and we stay until tuesday night. The shareholder was a little bit chaotic but we managed to test Cars and Crush. When we arrived Crushed was not operating due to some technical problems and we did Cars (defenitly for kids and an attraction like that was needed in WDS). Crush was finely back to operation and we managed to test it 3 times. First time, no queue, second time 20 minutes and third time 45 minutes (peoples behind us had to wait more than an hour). I might expected a little too much for that new coaster. I cannot say it was "awsome, dude!" If you have to wait more than 20 minutes it is not worth it. There are not too many things too see inside and several effects were not working. The ride is going too fast and in a matter of a minute you are already arrived. The dark ride is fun but once again too fast and nothing to see at all. You are really in the dark with some lights from time to time which are supposed to make you feeling you are under the sea. It feels more that you are in a smooth space mountain. There is no Fast Past for Crush.
My family and I enjoyed the ride but was not our favorite. We left WDS to finish the day at Disneyland Park. We had a better time the next day at Disneyland Park even if it was a very busy day.