Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Moderator flor actually saw a glimpse of Nemo swimming by in the final tunnel.  I haven't seen him myself... It's good to hear they're still exploiring ideas, and it's even better they're listening to the guests to make a final decision!  That's rather unique, isn't it?

And about the dark ride part, they can easily add in a few static characters, they don't need to be animatronics or whatever.  What about the lobsters in the cage?  Can't be that difficult to add in.  

One more question: is Crush actually in the attraction??  I've only seen Nemo & Squirt projections so far...  :?

But once again, this is just nitpicking by me, I love the ride how it is now, and any extras will be totally awesome dude!  :)

And thanks Grandmath for your input here, it's greatly appreciated.

ChipChap

Why should he be in the attraction? I thought you are sitting on his shell?
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Kristof

Did he die?  :lol:   You're sitting in a turtle shell, not crush's shell...

ChipChap

Ah okay, so you are sitting in any old turtle shell that is not used anymore lol
But why do old turtle shells go through the EAC?
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Kristof

That's the magic of Disney...  :wink:

Grandmath

I also understood that we were sitting on (in  :lol: ) Crush. We also hear him several times, especially at the end of the ride, so I assume he's talking to us. However, in french, we don't recognize him as he doesn't have the same voice as in the movie!

ayrstorm

Quote from: "DynastyGo"There is no official word about height limit, at the moment it is 1m07 not 1m02 like Btm... and it could change it was the first big Soft opening ! And for  4 years old, it's too young I think, it's a coaster. Cast Members tell us that if children doesnt like to be in the dark and coaster they should'nt ride.

well my son was four at the start of October - and in mid october i took him on PBB Zipper Dipper. He loved it - and ran round for a reride and insisted it was without me! So some 4year olds are ok with coasters
- if the childs height is fine, the ride should be like a PG rating at the cinema. tell us it has dark scenes and let us the parent decide.

DynastyGo

Yeah, I agree if depends of the child if he has the height it's fine it was just advise parents always decide ;).

Kristof

It's not just because it's a coaster, it's a coaster in total darkness.  You don't see where you're going AND you're spinning.  Most small children I've seen exiting were, sadly, crying.  And then there's the impredictable spinning effect, depending on the parent's weight and how they're seated, so some caution by DLRP management seems justified by me.

You shouldn't worry about the Angler fish scene, when you're sitting up front, you can hardly see it (take the backrow, much better view on all the scenes, except on the turtles entering the vortex).  :)

Nicholas-c

i dont think i like the whole idea of spinning there is a ride like this at alton towers i believe i will get some practice in on wednesday
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Angela

spinning in the dark? gee.. I think I will hate it more than I dare to admit... grinz... and I am also afraid little one... (almost 4 years old.. about 1.15 tall) is loving it more than I do... as he really loves the wild things and does not care much about the dark as long as he don't have to sleep in it....
I think I will need to see it first...

euro disney stefan

WHO RODE IT?

Well, I had the chance to try the ride ysterday and I did like it a lot. It is true that the dark ride part is a little short, but all in all it is an attraction you want to ride again and again as it is a lot of FUN.

The only two things which could have been better are the angler fish and Bruce. These characters are not audioanimatronics - they only move forward and have a flashlight effect on them to make them appear different. The East Australian Current is cool to ride and a coaster with spinning ride vehicles is something new for me, but I need to say that I did not have the feeling to be under the water or in a current - the bubbles effect is not that efficent.

Anyway I will ride it again and again and it will be a must see attraction in the Studios and the lines will be huge, given the fact, that no fastpass is available.

Joseph Carter

Im quite a large build guy and I was just wondering are there any restrictions on seatbelts or retraints on this ride? Will I fit? I can fit on everything at Dlp So far.
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Kristof

QuoteThe only two things which could have been better are the angler fish and Bruce. These characters are not audioanimatronics

They could have been articulated more, but I don't think that's really necessary.  The darkride goes by so fast you'd probably wouldn't even notice.  Most Disney dark rides don't feature animatronics anyway.  

Quotethat no fastpass is available.

Thank god for that, it would slow down the standy queue even more!  

QuoteIm quite a large build guy and I was just wondering are there any restrictions on seatbelts or retraints on this ride? Will I fit? I can fit on everything at Dlp So far.

Joseph, hope I don't insult anyone here, but I saw a rather "big" guy getting in and he managed to ride it.  The CM had to push a bit hard on the restraint, but I don't think there should be any problem.

Angela

this relieves my stress also a little.. being a big girl.... lol...
cause I am starting to worry already... never had it before... but well... I will at least try to get on I think :)