Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Dlrp.fr (Shock Horror! :wink: ) have some pictures of the submarine and Bruce inside the attraction:

:arrow: Link(WARNING: SPOILERS)

It does look very impressive, I can't wait to go on this ride :D

tubbsy

Those photos are COOL! :D

Shame we've STILL gotta wait for the height restriction. If the height is 1:20, they are going to get some REALLY p**d off parents  who have taken their kids thinking they can ride this coaster only to find they are too small.

However, having seen very brief glimpses of the ride in action and the one that turns at Chessington. I'm not sure its gonna be suitable for children to ride anyhoo. I'm not keen! I am probably gonna have to ride it so i can see the brilliant Bruce tho' :shock:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

RnRCj

I managed to force myself not to look at those :D

miss disney fan

i know that if i ride this ride it'll make me bad (big wimp)  :cry:    but i really want to, so i have said to my son that i'll go on it the last thing before the studios close in the evening and then i can go back to the hotel while my son can go with his gran for their meal or something  :P

if you want an idea how bad things make me then try this, we went on the london eye and for two hours afterwards i felt like i was still moving in one of the pods  and was ready for a nice little brown paper bag, if you get what i mean :evil:

GeoffD

sorry if the answer is already in the thread (but i'm being lazy and aren't going to read 25 pages).
Is there plans for On-ride photos for the ride? I know Disney wouldn't miss a photo op and to charge high prices for them

tubbsy

From what I can remember from this thread, no there isnt a photo op.

If you think about it two people facing one way, two facing another and the cars spin, with someone heavy on one side its gonna turn a little more, making it impossible to get perfect shots.

Which is a shame, cos I'd love another photo of my kids hands in the air and their mothers eyes closed on a roller coaster! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

blazedchris

Quote from: "tubbsy"From what I can remember from this thread, no there isnt a photo op.

If you think about it two people facing one way, two facing another and the cars spin, with someone heavy on one side its gonna turn a little more, making it impossible to get perfect shots.

Which is a shame, cos I'd love another photo of my kids hands in the air and their mothers eyes closed on a roller coaster! :lol:

Of course they can have an on ride photo!

both the attractions in chessington world of adventures and alton towers (exactly the same coaster type, same train etc) have photo ops. Every pic was a perfect shot, and that was coming down the first drop, spinng and all.

Looking at the track, i think its similar to a breaking system, but instead of slowing the train, it stops it from spinning in any direction. Soooo.....

my guess is... it will certainly have on ride photo, like what someones alreay said, disney wouldnt miss a photo opportunity to make money!

tubbsy

OOH! fingers crossed then.

I am saving like crazy so we have as much spendies as possible, so I will be getting any on ride phots that I can-even if my eyes are shut! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

RnRCj

The first part of the ride doesn't spin at all, so if there is an on-ride photo I'd expect it to be there  :)

Kristof

It has been said before that there will be no on-ride photo.  (At least not upon opening).

RnRCj

Quote from: "raptor1982"It has been said before that there will be no on-ride photo.  (At least not upon opening).

That's a shame :(  I would have loved to extend my collectioon of on-ride photos from DLRP. Oh well!

GeoffD

oh well. Disney missed that chance to make money. It would be a seller because kids love Nemo etc.

Still looking forward to riding it

Reiana

I think, sooner or later, there will be a photo spot.
Even "Pirates of the Caribbean" got one a few years ago.

I'm sure they will find a suitable spot.
Maybe the only need to instal two cameras, taking photos from different positions.
 :D

GeoffD

that would work out in Disneys favour, because families would ask for 2 photos insted of 1 to get every member.

tubbsy

Oh yeah! Hadnt thought of that :roll: . Very clever!   :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia