Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneymadchris

Just post the links.  :(

Anthony

Bowie, please read our magicforum dos and don'ts.

Backstage construction photos like these should be posted as links (URLs) only. Thanks! :wink:

Bowie

Nath

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but looking at the original concept art for crushs coaster, the cars actually had crush's head on them, will these later be added, or has the idea been scrapped. I know concept art is nothing to go buy, but I do think the cars look a little strange.

x-charlotte-x

Quote from: "Nath"Sorry if this has been brought up before, but looking at the original concept art for crushs coaster, the cars actually had crush's head on them, will these later be added, or has the idea been scrapped. I know concept art is nothing to go buy, but I do think the cars look a little strange.

I don't think they are adding the head, i read somewhere that they wanted it to seem like you were rideing on the turtles back and not inside the turtle.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Anthony

Quote from: "Bowie"Okay I'm sorry , I've seen a video on Disney.com , there where some shots of Chrush's Coaster and Cars Race Rally see them here :

And here the video: http://www.disney.com (Playlist > Disneyland Resort Paris)
Wow, thanks!

DLRP on the Disney.com playlist, you don't see things like that very often! :o  :shock:

The Butlin Boy

More paint has been used to blend the poster into the building:

Link: http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... udios.html

Riebi

the painted "Light-Effects" look great! :stitch_bounce:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

They merged the backdrop into the building so well!  On all the concepts the backdrop is just shown with solid edges, so it's quite cool they're still tweaking and "plus-ing" their designs even after its built. It looks much better like this.

I think Toon Studio could finally be an Imagineering creation that looks better than the concept art (and you know how they always cheat on those).  It definitely looks better finished than the concept they stuck on the walls.

Anthony

The official 15th blog has an interesting video showing the contruction and first tests today:

http://fr.blog.disneyland15.com/2007/05 ... ster_.html

It's great that Disney document the creation of all their new things like this.  And it's still amazing seeing the shell swooping down the first drop like that. :shock:

miss disney fan

it looks really great       :D

i'm for sure going to go on this (boy will i be ill afterwards, but it'll be worth it  :P )

RnRCj

Looks really fun!  :D  Although it goes pretty slow on that brake run... Maybe there's some theming to look at as you pass through it  :?

tubbsy

Slow? EXCUSE ME! (Says the phantom bad singer of RNRC. :P ) That drop before it ...... OH HELP ME! :shock:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Elizabeth Swan

Ignore my mother (tubbsy), i'll be holding her hand :roll:
Steph