Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

I cant see them overcoming it somehow. I wouldnt want them too either. It would lose some of the thrill n spin if they calm it down for littleuns to ride.  Ah well, that'll be another reason to go back to DLRP after our visit in October. :D

I'm not complaining, it'll be convincing my hubby that the family holiday will be in DLRP AGAIN that'll be the problem. But me thinks he may be out voted 3-1! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Maarten

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Baloo":shock: This is WDS, right?!

Took the words out of my mouth. Wow :shock:

And mine too. Finally WDS will get some depth, greenery and color.  :shock:

Owain

Dlrp.fr Reports some progress around the Crush's Coaster blue rocks.

Dlrp.fr report that fences have gone up against parts of the rocks that are mainly open to parts of the ride.

//http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_toon_studio_cars_race_rally_crush_coaster_1118.html

penfold12

Are there plans to put the ride logo anywhere on the building?

Anthony

If you look at the picture on the last page, there's a light-coloured frame just to the left of the lampposts and queue line entrance, which will hold the entrance sign of the attraction.  Apparently it'll be "huge", I guess it's a similar idea to the Flying Carpets sign, they're trying to give the 3 attractions a similar style (such as the Flying Carpets-esque backdrop Cars just got).

An old concept art for it is on WDSFans somewhere.

Nala_84

Do I understand that wrong or will there be no attraction sign in the outside?!

But the pic above looks really great :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

There will be an attraction sign next to the entrance.  It will consist out of bamboo/wood and fake seaweed with a huge Crush figure on it and the words Crush's Coaster in a large font.

Kristof

And here's a concept art:

Source

netjack

Looks Great! At first I hope that this really coming to WDS and not just an inspiration of the artwork-artist. If so, I hope at second that its not just a static puppet, but a really nice animatronic doing swimming actions, maybe able to talk, inviting the guests to come into the attraction.

It would be an awsome addition to the area and bring a lot of "live" to the ouside-part of Toon Studios (like the seagulls at the other new nemo attractions in Epcot and Anaheim do)

davewasbaloo

I did wonder if the Seagulls would be making an appearance at our resort.  They are very cool.  I have seen them first hand at WDW and the video footage at DL, and they would really add to this already plussed area.  One of my biggest complaints about the studios is the lack of AA's, the seagulls would really help in this regard.
since 2001 (many before that)

netjack

The seagulls will be in the boarding area, on top of the pier huts which will function as the ride control booth.

I would also like to see some of those cute little Birds from the Pixar short movie "For the Birds" ontop of these wooden power poles:

Would be could, woundn't it? Maybe this is the reason, why the seagulls are inside of Crush?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "netjack"The seagulls will be in the boarding area, on top of the pier huts which will function as the ride control booth.

I would also like to see some of the Birds from the Pixar Shotmovie ontop of the wooden power poles.

Cool. I would like to see them outside so that those too small to go on the ride could enjoy them, but having them inside is better than not at all.
since 2001 (many before that)

penfold12

So, this might be a niave question, but, what promted such a turn around in style for these three new attractions? I mean look at the detail on Crush's Coaster, compared to all the existing attractions in WDS, both inside and out. Is it simply the realisation that the park needed theming so desperatly?

Kristof

Quotecompared to all the existing attractions in WDS, both inside and out

There you go..

Riebi

The Disneytheque present some pics of the interior and also pics of the seagulls and the boarding area:

//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/13-Toon-Studios.html
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...