Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

My first thought was, "no - that's rock n roller coaster!" with all those corrugated metal walls :lol: But no, it looks great - this has turned into a real E-ticket I think, surely no-one can argue that now.

Here's a video of the report those caps were taken from:
http://www.dailymotion.com/DynGo/video/ ... -france-3/ :)

Also, there's a very positive review of the ride (and the general improvements to the park) in yesterday's Sunday Times.  The writer seems to know his stuff, and just from the preview walk-around journalists got of the new attractions, he seems to really love it.  DLRP gets a page and half all to itself on a double-page article about "what's new in the world of theme parks". :wink: I'll scan it sometime, doesn't seem to be on their website.

Oh, and the article also points out it's the first thrill ride based on not just Finding Nemo, but any Pixar film.  Thinking about it... he's right, isn't he?  Wow, another nice selling point. :)

Anthony

Here's that article I mentioned:

Part 1
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2007/04/ ... ush-01.jpg

Part 2 (+ Other Parks)
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2007/04/ ... ush-02.jpg

Like I said, there's nothing amazing revealed, but I just think it's incredible they've devoted so much space to giving a positive review of an attraction that doesn't even open for another 1.5 months! :o I've seen so much positive press lately. I think they've well and truly shaked off the bad "EuroDisney" press history now.

Funny he mentions the Cars buildings as "neon-soaked" too, sounds like one of us. :lol:

Riebi

That´s a very cool article! Thanks for the scan!

In germany I have not much seen about the events and the new attraction :cry:
That´s very sad! Hope they will have soon more articles of it in my region! [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ChipChap

It is no wonder that there are only a few articles from the press in Germany...
Only about 20 people were invited from Germany to the Celebration. So I will release an article, but only in a newspaper released in the west. It is all about the 15th, but focuses especially on the music and work of Vasile Sirli!
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Kristof

QuoteOnly about 20 people were invited from Germany to the Celebration.

That's not how it works.  Plenty of invitations are send out, but if there are only 20 people that respond and subscribe to the press trip...

tubbsy

Now, if the'd invited everyone from the magic forum....!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "tubbsy"Now, if the'd invited everyone from the magic forum....!

That's a very good idea :lol:

ChipChap

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteOnly about 20 people were invited from Germany to the Celebration.

That's not how it works.  Plenty of invitations are send out, but if there are only 20 people that respond and subscribe to the press trip...

Ah that's not correct, sorry ;)
I know the german press persons very well and they said that they were only allowed to invite a small group :P

Although if they invited houndreds of people why should only come 20? It does not make sense...I was at a another press event before and there were many germans.
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Kristof

Whatever you say.  I'm sure you know better. :)

And now let's all get back on topic to Crush's Coaster.  :D

Riebi

Yes it´s true. I´m working at an german tv and radio station and there where only some disney-experts who even know something about the event. The most theme scouts have seen it at the comercials (or know it from me).

And the Disney-expert have said that the get no invitation since 3 or 4 years. On request disneyland said that the no longer are interest on many journalists who spend less money in the park  :roll: (but the request was 2 years ago :wink: )

Buuuut that´s another issue. So I start the way back to topic with the hope, that the opening of crush may have more articles and broadcasts about it :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

QuoteWhatever you say. I'm sure you know better. Smile

And now let's all get back on topic to Crush's Coaster. Very Happy

:wink:

Maarten

Its very exciting to finally see some clips of the interior of Studio 5. I have to admit that the purple lightning at the Sydney Habrour boarding area looks quite weird, but well, I guess thats the purpose at Toon Studios right? :wink:

I noticed that the seagulls have arrived aswell. Welcome to Paris guys!  8)

RnRCj

I've decided that I will not be looking at any more pictures of the interior :lol: I want to it all to come as a surprise so I can get full enjoyment out of it.

Anthony

J. Thaddeus TOAD posted this on Disney Central Plaza:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5265 ... 014ki7.jpg

It's so great they're doing specific merchandise, even if it does look like it's for kids. And there's nowhere to actually sell it in Toon Studio.

The label says "TS CRUS COAS" so there should be more Toon Studio stuff to come.  Maybe they'll get one of those nasty merchandise vans (like the one in Backlot that looks like a market stall) parked up somewhere?

tubbsy

Automtic mothers reaction

Euro 9:90 . Yeah, thats reasonable! They might be allowed one of them each! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club