Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehdi5

Quote from: "smurfy74"im still unsure of how i will cope with the car spinning and going up and down at the same time, looking at the one at Chessington that does this i dont think it will be too bad, at least im hoping so :D  anyone been on one of the spinning coasters???
Iv'e been on a spinning coaster i believe it has the same layout but spinning coasters are very fun. I can't wait to ride Crush's Coaster :D

fly_with_me_dumbo

how fast will it spin? :shock:

tubbsy

)On DLRP magic the hieght says 1:04. But I have seen somewhere else its 1:12......cant remember where. :? Does anyone know what it is?

I am not keen on roller coasters, but I do find Disney rides better cos I am concentrating on the theming (or in the case of RNRC the inside of my eyes and singing a the top of my voice! :shock:) so I dont mind them so much.

But fly_with_me_dumbo, of you go to

http://www.disneyland15.com/#home

Then go to 15th anniversary on the banner along the top, go down to behind the scenes and click, it starts playing a promo. If you're v patient, about 2/3rds of the way through it shows about a 2 second clip of the ride running with no scenery. :shock:

I was not sure but Robert keeps saying when does it open? when can I ride it?  :shock:  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Angela

I read somewhere, I believe in the book from the travel agency that the minimum height was 1.12 but BTM is 1.02 so is it more scary or what than? Is a kid who is 4 old enough to go on the ride? I think I must see it first before I decide..

tubbsy

The thing about Crushes coaster, I think anyway, that it is being pitched as a family ride that fairly young ones will be able to ride..... :?  Robs gonna have to eat more greens to get to the right height!

There are rides-I think- at our local theme park that are just as scary as Crushes coaster. Mainly because there is no theming around them to take my mind off them and I feel like i'm going to fall off! :shock:

Having seen that little snippet on the anniversary web site I am not keen. I'd love to see it running before making a decision, but as a lot of its enclsoed, we'll not see it from the outside, but be stood in the queue wondering what on earth we were doing before we could make a decision :shock:

Unless anyone intends to record it and pop it on you tube.... in June :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Maarten

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "smurfy74"im still unsure of how i will cope with the car spinning and going up and down at the same time, looking at the one at Chessington that does this i dont think it will be too bad, at least im hoping so :D  anyone been on one of the spinning coasters???
Iv'e been on a spinning coaster i believe it has the same layout but spinning coasters are very fun. I can't wait to ride Crush's Coaster :D

I've been on two spinning coasters in Phantasialand (Germany), and all I can say is that its big fun. The spinning modus sounds more intense then it actually is. The only thing that felt quite strange is when you are going backwards down the big drop. But think again; Disney would be quite stupid to build a coaster that kids can't enjoy. This attraction was especially build for the whole family, since its in a kids zone and because there weren't enough family-oriented attractions in WDS.  :wink:

fly_with_me_dumbo

thanks, i saw the clip, and i am so excited about crush coaster, i am deffinatly going on it, it looks really good fun. :D

tubbsy

I still wish I could find out the minimum height for sure. I keep finding contradicting info. Any help anyone? :?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Anthony

Quote from: "tubbsy"I still wish I could find out the minimum height for sure. I keep finding contradicting info. Any help anyone? :?
Pffff I know what you mean, I haven't seen DLRP mention this officially *anywhere*.  I'm sure they used to have a disclaimer rule that any height requirements would be mentioned when they advertise a new attraction?  The two major Maurer spinning coasters in the UK have a requirement of 1.2m, but then they have a different track design.  I think DLRP will want to push it down as far as possible.  They have a different vehicle design in WDS too, very customised.

I do actually have a PDF from about 9 months ago which says the height requirement is +1.04m, so that's what I'm going with on my website.  And no doubt if/when it changes, I'll get shouted at. :roll:  :lol:

They don't make it easy for us...

By the way, I found the most amazing photo by Magic Mouse on DCP, who must have formed some kind of human tower to reach over the fences, lol:

:shock: This is WDS, right?!

disneymadchris

Quote from: "Baloo"By the way, I found the most amazing photo by Magic Mouse on DCP, who must have formed some kind of human tower to reach over the fences, lol:

Wow that is an amazing photo. He must have got a ladder!  :D

tubbsy

Its looking soooo good. It doesnt matter if Rob isnt going to be tall enough (although I think he'll disagree :roll: ) I think the whole building looks great.

I wont moan at you too much Baloo if and when they finally publish the height its different! :)  :P Thanks for trying to help :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

RnRCj

Quote from: "Baloo":shock: This is WDS, right?!

Took the words out of my mouth. Wow :shock:

Patrick

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "tubbsy"I still wish I could find out the minimum height for sure. I keep finding contradicting info. Any help anyone? :?
Pffff I know what you mean, I haven't seen DLRP mention this officially *anywhere*.  I'm sure they used to have a disclaimer rule that any height requirements would be mentioned when they advertise a new attraction?  The two major Maurer spinning coasters in the UK have a requirement of 1.2m, but then they have a different track design.  I think DLRP will want to push it down as far as possible.  They have a different vehicle design in WDS too, very customised.

I do actually have a PDF from about 9 months ago which says the height requirement is +1.04m, so that's what I'm going with on my website.  And no doubt if/when it changes, I'll get shouted at. :roll:  :lol:

They don't make it easy for us...

By the way, I found the most amazing photo by Magic Mouse on DCP, who must have formed some kind of human tower to reach over the fences, lol:

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1855/img3234fo8.jpg

I have a feeling it will be 1.2m, since Camelot also has the same coaster layout as dlrp, oh dear god, did I mention that camelot a failing theme park has the same design :lol: .  Well that is 1.2m too, seems a bit strange to lower it, especially since nothing really makes it lesser than that one.  Plus the cars are only customised I suspect by themeing and not the whole car layout etc.

tubbsy

I do think its a shame that Disney have pitched it in a way that youngens think they are gonna be able to ride it-it definately appears from the adverts like its gonna be a family ride.

I have told Rob that he wont be able to ride Crushes Coaster (just in case- I dont think hes gonna gain 15cm in 6 months!!  :( ) But then again he was just too short to ride BTM the last time we went so he is chuffed hes gonna be able to ride it in October. :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Patrick

Quote from: "tubbsy"I do think its a shame that Disney have pitched it in a way that youngens think they are gonna be able to ride it-it definately appears from the adverts like its gonna be a family ride.

I have told Rob that he wont be able to ride Crushes Coaster (just in case- I dont think hes gonna gain 15cm in 6 months!!  :( ) But then again he was just too short to ride BTM the last time we went so he is chuffed hes gonna be able to ride it in October. :D

Well it is a family type ride, most the family can ride really, I know in Chessington, Dragons Fury is really popular with all types of families.  Just happens to be health and safety, which unless Disney has found a way around, cannot see it being changed.  It still is one of the smallest of all the height restrictions in Disneyland Resort Paris if 1.2m is the final height.