Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I was under the impression Crush had got a lot better recently. Didn't it close for a few days so that Maurer could take a proper look at it?  I know last time I rode it there seemed to be a longer delay at the bottom of the lift hill before the shells were let into the next section of the ride.

That's if the problem is still the same too-many-turtle-shells-scare-the-computer issue... :?

Willow

Quote from: "Anthony"I was under the impression Crush had got a lot better recently. Didn't it close for a few days so that Maurer could take a proper look at it?  I know last time I rode it there seemed to be a longer delay at the bottom of the lift hill before the shells were let into the next section of the ride.

That's if the problem is still the same too-many-turtle-shells-scare-the-computer issue... :?

That would make sense, most Maurer Schone's have a small number of trains, Crush must easily be one of the largest they have made. It kinda sounds like the trains are arriving too quickly before the previous train could clear the next block or the software/hardware is limited to the amount of calculations needed to be done for the additional trains.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"I was under the impression Crush had got a lot better recently. Didn't it close for a few days so that Maurer could take a proper look at it?  I know last time I rode it there seemed to be a longer delay at the bottom of the lift hill before the shells were let into the next section of the ride.

It does seem to be better. The three days I was there the other week I only saw it break down once, and it didn't take long to fix. Everything was running very smoothly and the queue was only about 20 minutes.

I noticed the stopping-before-the-lifthill thing too, but I don't think that's something that has been changed. Out of the three times I rode Crush it only did it once, and it happened to me before in September 07. I'm sure it's just luck, depending on how close the shell in front of you is.

PetiteSirene

Crush broke down loads when we were there between the 7th and 10th but maybe we were just unlucky?

Managed to ride it twice this trip, dispite the fact the boards kept saying the queue was only 25 minutes yet the queue was coming out of the gate... A cast member even told us 'No the queue is 25 minutes long' yet all the extensions were open and the queue was past the turnstiles :? somehow we found it hard to believe him.

On our last ride of the day we chose Crush because we had over an hour until we had to leave and it broke down whilst we were queuing, then again just before we re entered the station!

That was also the day ToT shut down for half the day :? but still cant really complain because I got to go on both  :D/  just a little annoying!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Fever

It is interesting to hear the ride is still having some problems. Dragon's Fury and Spinball Whizzer had a MASSIVE amount of downtime in the first year or two. Infact Fury has been a bit bad this season too!
Welcome foolish mortals

CafeFantasia

There have been SO many construction videos to do with Crush's Coaster, but I've never seen this one before. It's a 3:21 clip from the Disney Filmparade TV show. Lots of great shots of the interior dark ride scenes:

[dailymotion:13kb2vm6]x7hid9_construction-de-nemo-crushs-coaster_fun[/dailymotion:13kb2vm6]

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Alan"There have been SO many construction videos to do with Crush's Coaster, but I've never seen this one before. It's a 3:21 clip from the Disney Filmparade TV show. Lots of great shots of the interior dark ride scenes:

Great find, thanks for sharing it. It's fascinating to see all of the models and construction footage for the ride :)

Bell Hop

When we were there between the 7th and 10th Jan the ride broke down on two occasions. The Q's were never below 40mins we went in at 10.00am ran there and still had 30min wait. It also broke down as we got to the loading platform but luckliy it was just for 10mins when we came out the wait was 90mins this was a Sunday but low season. It is a really good ride that i would like to do more times but the wait always puts us off.

smurfy74

new loading style on crush!!!! when we went this week there are really cheap signs on the entrance to the ride stating in 5 languages that people of a certain body type wont be able to ride. when you get in your shell you have to raise your hands and the cast members then put down the bar which must click twice. im a little large (38" waist) and they had problems getting the bar to click twice until i undid my big winter coat then it clicked twice, just!!!!! this put me off riding it again but i wanted to go on it again and the second time there were no problems thank goodness but i nealry was soooo embarassed. the most we queued for the ride on the plus side was 20 minutes.

Anthony

Here's that sign:

Source

I wonder how long before we get a tester seat? Not that there's enough space in front of the attraction...

Just generally, one of the easiest improvements to loading on Crush would be to have a CM put people into groups of 4 as you go through the turnstiles at the bottom of the stairs. That way you're already prepared and they're not having to fill seats at the last minute.

They should also put a second safety video at that spot demonstrating this loading precedure. In fact, put a video screen outside the attraction relaying all the info with a few quick visual scenes.

Helen

Has anyone else experienced this?
We are going in just over a week, and I am concerned that I will not fit, as  I am quite big.

My young daughter was 1cm too short to ride last year, and has been very excited at the prospect of going on this time round. I don't want to get her all excited by queuing up, and then face not only the embarressment of not fitting, but also the distress of having to stop her going on it as well.

Was it just your coat that was stopping it from closing?

Any information that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Helen

smurfy74

i felt really squashed even with my coat undone, i was nearly really embarrased, like i said there were no issues the second time, if youre concerned i would ask the cast member by the exit im sure they will help.

PetiteSirene

I was talking to a cast member and they confirmed it was due to an incident in December where a man was having problems with the lap bar being too loose...

I thought that was then revealed he fell down the stairs during an evacuation but with all this it doesnt seem to be the case  :-k perhaps he was really unlucky and both happened to him? :-k I am confused lol  :P

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

bigrossco

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"I was talking to a cast member and they confirmed it was due to an incident in December where a man was having problems with the lap bar being too loose...

I thought that was then revealed he fell down the stairs during an evacuation but with all this it doesnt seem to be the case  :-k perhaps he was really unlucky and both happened to him? :-k I am confused lol  :P

It just depends what the 100% truth is I thought the story to be very odd indeed when I read it
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Riebi

Quote from: "Anthony"Here's that sign:

Source

I wonder how long before we get a tester seat? Not that there's enough space in front of the attraction...

Just generally, one of the easiest improvements to loading on Crush would be to have a CM put people into groups of 4 as you go through the turnstiles at the bottom of the stairs. That way you're already prepared and they're not having to fill seats at the last minute.

They should also put a second safety video at that spot demonstrating this loading precedure. In fact, put a video screen outside the attraction relaying all the info with a few quick visual scenes.

And they should take out this cheap ugly signs and replace it with disney-style-signs.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...