Disney All Stars Express (2010)

Started by Anthony, February 26, 2010, 12:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuvok

The first video of Disney All Stars Express. The music doesn't sound that bad after all. Good to just hear the old voice from the Character Express at the very beginning again ('The Disney All Stars Express is coming!!!'). I LOVE Wall-E!

[youtube:31l3gs0d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_djpo-z8UQ[/youtube:31l3gs0d]
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

DLP-Photos.com

It seems to be way more enjoyable than Minnie's Party Train last year - especially the visual part, although I agree that the MPT left-over in the middle does seem out of place  :?

Wall-E is great even though he doesn't have moves or sound - just that he is there is very nice.

BUT this must be the last time that they can "restart" this concept...
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Scissorsboi

This version definately looks nicer than the MPT version, and the music is more lively - it actually looks 'new' if I didn't know it was the 4th incarnation of Casey Jr. The two main things I can see that seem strange are that the pistons on Casey don't move anymore (I swear they did on Character Express?) and the second section is still Minnie themed, surely just a coat of white would cover the spots?

Ah well, it's a nice addition to the park what still has a bit of a magical feel to it - I agree that it's nice to have the "All Star Express is coming!" voice back! Let's hope for the 20th it is retired and a fresh concept comes in!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

once.upon.a.dream

i really like this, i like the decoration of casey jr better than last years :) and i think the song is really catchy too! im glad they've added WALL.E he looks really cute, im glad he's featured!
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

Aveen2008

Definately much better than Minnie's Party train which looked like no real thought went into it last year. I actually really like the vaiation on the music, the only bit I think sounds a bit wrongly edited is during the 'small world' tune. When you have been a good few times in the past few years since the Character express was first introducted for the 15th you get pretty fed up of the exact same music so I welcome the change. It is a pity Wall.E doesn't actually do anything as the model itself looks brilliant! :D I think they did well, I like the new flags at the top of the train too! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

loladelorean

The music sounds much better in the video than the recording! personally i would have liked to see more "new generation" characters included, but maybe the characters won't always be the same.
A bit of an improvement on Minnie's Party Train and I also like Wall-E :) can't wait to see this in ooo just 7 months and 3 weeks! lol
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Annet

I've actually missed that train on my last visit.
Though the music is much better again without Minnie's voice over it.

I love the Wall-E in front!
But there aren't many New Generation characters on it indeed, but maybe that'll change.

The Butlin Boy

Trust me to be in the park the day before all of the NGF events debut! :roll:

I must say that I have mixed feelings about this new look, although they're mostly positive. I don't mind the new soundtrack, and I actually think that the new songs (as random as they are) help to make it less repetitive. I love seeing Wall-E intergrated into it; fantastic idea! =D> I also like the idea of the three different carriages (the first for the New Generation, second for Minnie and the rest of the fab five, and the third for any others) too. I don't like the colours on the front of the train though, and some of the others do clash quite a bit too. Overal though, it's a definite improvement on last years tradegy! :roll: :wink:

dlrpkris

Wall-E is a great addition but what about those garish colours? Awful in my opinion. It might be a true likeness of this new generation of Disney, but shouldn't we still aspire to something more subtle and classy. Hmm
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Daniel

[youtube:3sezvuen]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27FMKE6_g7U[/youtube:3sezvuen]

Tuvok

I just hate it when people can't hold their camera steady! Back ontopic: the music sounds not that bad and it has a real 'new gen' spirit. The effects (besides the smoke now) aren't working, so we can't be sure if Wall-E can move or not. I'm surprised to see the train leave through the Royal Castle Stage and the Small World gates! That's very nice!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dlrpkris

Oooooh I've liking it. You hear so much less of the beat-box effect when it's live. I'm getting more used to the float now, but just 2 Incredibles on one trailer... come on. You can do better than that - at least I hope so once the festival begins. The only thing that's bugging me now is the speaker on the engine element itself. So blatantly obvious and spoils the overall design
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

JelleP

The train looks actually quite good!

About the video: I understand you were thrilled, but isn't this a litte to much excitement... :roll:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Magic M

[youtube:p5w105tt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQNC1qwu7Z4[/youtube:p5w105tt]

Here's my video from the All Star Express.  Sorry about the quality - I needed a quick upload.  At the end there are lots of close-ups of the Wall-E float.  It is NOT an Animatronic...

Aurora

Even if it seems like a dunb question, doe the train not stop anymore or is that just not seen on the videos? :oops:
Aurora