Last Chance Café terrace/extension

Started by Anthony, September 02, 2009, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

This must be the biggest change to Thunder Mesa for quite a while - Last Chance Café, the restaurant with only its counter covered (and so frequently closed) is getting a large new covered terrace:

Finally a good idea from Food & Beverages!

More pictures...

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"This must be the biggest change to Thunder Mesa for quite a while - Last Chance Café, the restaurant with only its counter covered (and so frequently closed) is getting a large new covered terrace:

Finally a good idea from Food & Beverages!

More pictures...
Hopefully the first of many good ideas!

Epcot_Boy

Strangely when I was there last, in a conversation someone mentioned to me that it would be a good idea for DL(R)P to cover the Last Chance Cafe area. Someone must have been listening :wink:

David

Gareth

oo i loved sitting outside there hope it dosent lose all the sun heheh but very good for those rainy days :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

-breeno-

Great idea.  A covered terrace is something Last Chance has been needing for a long time now (especially in the summer when the sun is melting you).

As already said, hopefully more good ideas like this will develop [-o<
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

smurfy74

looks like its nearly finished , they were tiling the roof this last week

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9 ... =745295496

dlrpkris

It's as if a sudden wave of sense has hit the 'resort'. Lots of good ideas coming into play (appart from the Playland sign. Such a wasted opportunity there but I'm confident it will change in time)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

davewasbaloo

Ok, I am trying to hold judgement. AS someone who grew up with towns like the one in Frontierland, I am a little concerned that it will not look right with one bit jutting out. Also, it gets rid of the covered walkway from Liberty Arcade to Phantom Manor. I have to say, I am not a fan.

I will hold final judgement until it is finished, but I am nervous.
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Also, it gets rid of the covered walkway from Liberty Arcade to Phantom Manor.
Does it? There should still be a gap between the new covered seating and the indoor serving counter, I don't see why they'd get rid of that.  I know what you mean about it not fitting into Thunder Mesa though, we'll have to wait and see.

Overall, the finish is looking pretty good. I don't think I'll ever get my head around how something like this can happen just weeks after something like Blockbuster Café. Do they have some kind of good/awful rota to follow at DLP-Imagineering, or is WDS just considered to be not worth bothering with?

RnRCj

C'est fini!

Source: mouetto at Disney Central Plaza (video available in the link)

To be honest, I think it looks fine. With a bit of weathering it should blend it perfectly. :)

davewasbaloo

Ok, as someone who grew up going to Virginia City (the key reference point for Frontierland), the land used to be very authentic. Sadly this looks more theme park (non Disney) than authentic.

:cry:
since 2001 (many before that)

ed-uk

But for the rest of us it looks just like we think these things should!!!!
Ed & David

Willow

Quote from: "ed-uk"But for the rest of us it looks just like we think these things should!!!!

Exactly, I and the vast majority of people will think that the extension looks authentic.

However, it really could do with some weathering, it looks too new. Should look fine after a few months.

ed-uk

I for one have no experience of the covered seating in Virginia City. But as a piece of imagineering in a Disney theme park it works for me.
Ed & David