The Constantly Meddled-with Castle

Started by Anthony, November 20, 2009, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Only just noticed this when piecing together pages of the new NGF brochure for an article:

After having to add the Mickey flags for the brochure covers, just what is the problem with the Castle?! It's been constantly edited, chopped up and mirrored right since the opening of the park.

Discuss & post your examples of Castle meddling here...

Disneyland Paris Treasures

You're right, it is ridiculous, considering that our castle is the most beautiful of them all. But then, they have a tendency to hide some of their best stuff.

But all hope is not lost: did you see pg. 13 of the new brochure:

No Mickey Ears, no cartoons! A sign of things to come ... [-o<

Anthony

Oh yes, I can't wait!

It doesn't really bother me that it's messed around with, just makes me laugh the lengths gone to to change something that I thought was perfect. The most common tweak is to mirror it, because our Castle is the only one much "heavier" on one side than another. It always just ends up looking weird though...

bigrossco

Quote from: "Anthony"Oh yes, I can't wait!

It doesn't really bother me that it's messed around with, just makes me laugh the lengths gone to to change something that I thought was perfect. The most common tweak is to mirror it, because our Castle is the only one much "heavier" on one side than another. It always just ends up looking weird though...

They should spend the time they do on the Castle on Studio 1 and maybe just maybe they will complete what ever they are doing to Studio 1 this century?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"Oh yes, I can't wait!

Oh yes, they were mirroring it long before Photoshop was around! It's like they have to do something with it. I can't explain it either.

So it's 100% certain that there will be no "New Generation" decorations on the castle next year? No little golden Buzz Lightyears and Princess Tianas resting atop the spires, no sparkly emblem in front of the stained glass window?

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"So it's 100% certain that there will be no "New Generation" decorations on the castle next year? No little golden Buzz Lightyears and Princess Tianas resting atop the spires, no sparkly emblem in front of the stained glass window?
Well I probably shouldn't post this, but here's a concept image:

No, it really looks like we'll have our Baxter/Morris-certified Castle back.

The only thing that worries me is Tinkerbell, which they didn't edit out of that photo above. They continue to use that confetti effect for shows (or like the fireworks this Summer), and it feels like something that could cling on, Epcot wand-style... Hopefully it won't, it throws the castle completely out of scale.

Anthony

Spotted!

Esso/Euro Disney magazine ad, 1992.

dagobert

A mirrored castle and the wrong Main Street (MK WDW). That's really bad.

Off topic: It is really sad that Disney cut the trees on Central Plaza in the Magic Kingdom.