A FantaStitch Halloween

Started by Kristof, April 10, 2006, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote"La Cavalcade". Is that the "CharacteriStitch Halloween Party", do you think?

Yes it is.

Nath

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum. I thought i would join as i'm taking my second trip this year to DLP for the halloween event, and i was just wondering, what do you all mean when you talk about the téléfreak? I seem to remeber watching a video from last halloween i think and i remeber there being a large stone grim reaper or something in the lake by BTM? Is that what you are all on about? If so, is that going to be returning this year?

Thanks
-Nath

Kristof

This is the Téléfreak: :)

Nath

So it's just a line with pumpkin men or models hanging off it?

Also, is the stone grim reaper going to return this year?

The Butlin Boy

Masamune

._. I'm so looking forward to October now... *Has finally come round to the idea of a Stitch-invested Halloween* o.o;

Kristof

I got told by a friend yesterday that they're changing the music slighty for the parade.  He was talking about a mix between Boo to you (WDW) and It's Halloween-lo-ween.  And he also claims that there will be additional smaller floats.  Can anyone confirm this?

Miss Tinkerbell

l love the idea of new floats but l wish they wouldn't change the music.  l love the halloween lo ween tune

Kris

Boo To You will be used for the Pink Witch preshow, so I have been told. As for It's Halloween-lo-ween, apparently new sound effects have been added and someone said it ends differently. Maybe they've looped it or something? I haven't a clue.

There's been strong rumours of Stitch appearing in/on a box float which is likely to open with surprises falling out. This would continue the Stitch theme into the parade (like the Pumpkinmen and Witches) and possibly help tell the story of his invasion a bit more.

Here's a guide to 2006's parade based on that news:
http://www.dlrp.thedisneyfamily.com/ent ... arade.html
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

They've finally covered the front of Disneyland Hotel in scaffolding to repaint it:

Reason I post this here is - do you think there's a chance they could cover it in some kind of Halloween/Stitch decorations, like the Emporium covering and Cars billboard? :?

It does seem very convenient that they suddenly started work on this at the start of Halloween, after holding off for a few weeks.

Miss Tinkerbell

aghrrr no l don't like this... that's MY hotel they're covering up couldnt they wait another week?? suppose you're booked into one of the covered rooms  :evil:

Poppy The Monkey

Any news or pictures of the Halloween Season 2006 yet?

I've heard they use the normal parade exit gates in Town Square to launch and finish the small "La Cavalcade". It uses a large cast of Pumpkin Men and Pink Witches invading Main Street, before Stitch's laughter is heard and the doors open to reveal Stitch aboard a new small float, and mayhem is guaranteed.

They also use Mickey and Minnies horse and cart here, with Donald and Grunzella (sp?) aboard. This is no-longer used in the villians parade, nor are the manually pushed floats which are all now featured in "La Cavalcade"

Anthony

I haven't heard anything yet, but thanks for the info you posted!  I'll be very impressed if Stitch does have his own float like that. :)

Kristof is back sometime on Sunday, but I guess the french forums will have stuff later tonight and tomorrow...

Poppy The Monkey

It is pretty frustrating not knowing what I'll be participating in by next Monday, I've tried ringing some of my friends/collegues in Paris but they were either off today, don't know or only know what I know all ready.

Very Annoying  :twisted:   :x   :)

I'm not sure if it is a real new float that Stitch has, that's what I was told - however I can't imagine they'd build a brand new float for a small bit of Streetmosphere. I'd guess at it being either a modified golf buggy (ala Mickey's car) or perhaps the Toy Solders mini-float from the Christmas Parade has been changed for the season?

Time will tell, i'm just so impatient when it comes to infomation/pictures from the DLRP seasons - but its always pretty slow like this every Christmas and Halloween.  :twisted:   :D

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"It is pretty frustrating not knowing what I'll be participating in by next Monday, I've tried ringing some of my friends/collegues in Paris but they were either off today, don't know or only know what I know all ready.
Lol, I forgot you'd be performing in it!  They don't do a good job of preparing their performers do they? :lol:

I suppose they could modify some of the Kids Carnival stuff for Halloween, since it won't be used next year unless the Once Upon a Dream Parade uses it.  Something about the size of Ariel's carnival carriage would be good enough for Stitch.