Goofy's Summer Camp (Summer 2009)

Started by Kristof, May 07, 2009, 11:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Jennes

oh my god i want it to come back in march/april next year!
it sounds so cute and funny, i love this toon shows (like the wonderland show)
:)
i love chip and dale so much :)

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

Willow

Is this another show with audience participation?

They've done that a lot this year, with Party Time and Stitch. I'm not a fan.

I've also noticed that there is a lot of french character voices this year, seems to be more french than english.

It doesn't look like it will be coming back next year so its only for a few months, its better than nothing.

Magicalmouse125

Normally i'll try to view these new shows with an open mind. I really really tried with MMP. But from the word go with this i was concerned. Are disney just aiming at kids now?
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Owain

Quote from: "zanderstarz"
Quote from: "never2old"With a bit of luck it won't come back next year?

There wont be a theatre for it to come back to next yeah, so you're in luck!

Can you explain this zanderstarz ?

Anthony

Interesting (depressing? reassuring?) to note that the show seems to have been "cut back" to 4 performances a day rather than 5 this week: http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN ... arades.pdf

Quote from: "Owain"Can you explain this zanderstarz ?
Just another Splash Mountain rumour. But oh, we like them! :mrgreen:

RnRCj

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Owain"Can you explain this zanderstarz ?
Just another Splash Mountain rumour. But oh, we like them! :mrgreen:
Ah, so I'm not the only one who immediately thought "OMG Splash Mountain!!!" when I read that. :mrgreen:

Surprising to learn that they're actually cutting back on something that's crap for once!

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Surprising to learn that they're actually cutting back on something that's crap for once!
Haha, if only they'd do the same with Shake Your Booty... in Discoveryland.

Though I just lookied back at last year's schedules and Tarzan was only on 3 times a day, so...

smurfy74

at least Stitch gets cut at the end of the summer season, so whats happening to the Chapparel Theatre?????

Splash Mountain I hope as RnRcj says?

Kristof

Just uploaded a bunch of photos to Photos Magiques here:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/disneyland_park/entertainment/goofys_summer_camp.php

The show isn't as bad as I expected.  Live singing, dancing, live band, characters and guest interaction seemed to please to crowds each time I've seen the show.
In my eyes, the show is the summer version of Mickey's Winter Wonderland, but with live entertainment instead of playback...

Pete's Dragon

If the Summer Camp is only on until 30th Aug. will there be anything to replace it, or is that it (apparently) for the stage ???

Gutted that last Sept. the lights were out and the doors bolted, having only discovered Tarzan the visit before.

Anthony

Thanks for the photos Kristof! It's funny looking through them, just seeing the performers in an increasingly bizarre series of poses, hahah. If you say its "the summer Mickey's Winter Wonderland", then that's quite a compliment!

But do they really pull people from the audience? That's the one thing that bugged me most.

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"If the Summer Camp is only on until 30th Aug. will there be anything to replace it, or is that it (apparently) for the stage ???
We might have to wait and see if Mickey's Winter Wonderland pops up in the Christmas press releases? I'd be really gutted to lose that show, it's the highlight of the whole Christmas season. Though what zanderstarz is saying is very exciting, it really can't be taken as fact yet.

I should find and bump up a Splash Mountain topic for this board... :mrgreen:

Edit: Just to follow up, here's the first Christmas season text:

QuoteDisney's Fairytale Christmas
From 8 November 2009 to 6 January 2010
This is a magical merry time for all the family! A Sleeping Beauty Castle lighting spectacular with Disney Characters. Snowflakes falling on Main Street, U.S.A®. A shimmering night time parade. And a wonderful musical on ice. You can even meet Santa Claus in his Village! Merry Disney!
So it sounds like it has another Winter at least?

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Anthony"So it sounds like it has another Winter at least?

Mickey's Winter Wonderland is indeed returning but rumors of its venue have yet to settle.

Apparently this year the show will NOT be on ice, it will be on a plastic substitute. I think this is pretty sure, as not only was the audition conducted on rollerblades but some of the rehearsals last year conducted tests using the plastic ice.

Nothing 'backstage' is ever solid until 1 week before, they even like to keep the castmembers guessing. As to the future of the Chaparral Theatre, that still remains a mystery.

Going back to GSC, I love the show's M.C (Miss SummerCamp 1985), she could keep me entertained for days. Perhaps the show would be better if 10mins were cut from somewhere, it does seem to drag. Plenty of energy though, loving Tic and Tac en francais  =D>
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Apparently this year the show will NOT be on ice, it will be on a plastic substitute. I think this is pretty sure, as not only was the audition conducted on rollerblades but some of the rehearsals last year conducted tests using the plastic ice.

Are you sure that's the reason for the rollerblades. I am a keen blader and ice skater, and the only real difference between the two is the braking and stopping. Instead of setting up a proper ice rink for auditions, isn't it just common sense to have them using blades?

And why test out plastic ice for rollerblades?? Surely a flat, bump-less surface coloured white would do.

(reading this back, it kinda sounds like an attack. Its not, Im just thinking out loud  8) )

Kristof

QuoteAnd why test out plastic ice for rollerblades

No, the idea is to have normal ice skates on an ice substitute.  I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.  A show director told me in 2004 they were going to replace the ice with the synthetic stuff because the ice machine broke down a lot.

Pete's Dragon

They had some form of synthetic stuff at our local shopping mall, and boy what it nigh on impossible to skate on. But I take it for granted there are better versions out there, and the DLP isn't that cheap  :roll: