Goofy's Summer Camp (Summer 2009)

Started by Kristof, May 07, 2009, 11:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I don't know why, but this image always comes to mind when I hear that name:

Yes! On paper this sounds great. Perhaps finally something very fitting for the location.

With a short run like that I'm not expecting that much. Fingers crossed for something well-produced at least. Hopefully not an inane drag-and-drop MP3-fest like Stars 'n' Cars.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"It would be great when DLRP will bring back a big show like Finding Nemo at WDW, which my girlfriend and I really loved. The best Disney musical/show I've ever seen.

It's a shame you missed out, we really thought Tarzan was better than the Finding Nemo Musical and the Lion King. The only better park show out their in my opinion is the Aladdin show at DCA.
since 2001 (many before that)

TowMater

I love what I'm hearing about the show but are we getting too many shows in a event called 'Mickey's Magical Party'?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

DLP-Photos.com

Although I loved the Tarzan show, I agree with some of you that change won't hurt. I am sorry that it will have such a short running period - hopefully it will just be "test period", because if it is done well a show based on some of the old Goofy shorts could be awesome.

Although the toons have been given a rather huge spot in the resort this season and lately, the old cartoon shorts are classics and this show could be way better than especially "Party time" from what I have seen.

But we will have to wait and see, but it sounds rather good so far  :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Magicalmouse125

A change could be good. However i never saw the Tarzan show so i can't say anything about it. But it's made a impression on you guys.

But maybe it'll be good and a nice change!!!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

MagicStar

I´m always excited when new shows are announced.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

zanderstarz

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "dagobert"It would be great when DLRP will bring back a big show like Finding Nemo at WDW, which my girlfriend and I really loved. The best Disney musical/show I've ever seen.

It's a shame you missed out, we really thought Tarzan was better than the Finding Nemo Musical and the Lion King. The only better park show out their in my opinion is the Aladdin show at DCA.

Oh dear Aladdin at DCA??? i think thats horrific! Nemo the Musical however is brilliant, and i will sorely miss our Tarzan show *sigh*

Bring on One Mans Dream show from Tokyo!!! It would fit perfectly onto the stage at Videopolis.

By the way, going back to Goofy's Summer Camp (GSC), dancers will be included, 3 couples apparently, also Chip and Dale will feature and appearance too, not sure if any other characters will be there, though, more info to come!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "zanderstarz"By the way, going back to Goofy's Summer Camp (GSC), dancers will be included, 3 couples apparently, also Chip and Dale will feature and appearance too, not sure if any other characters will be there, though, more info to come!

Thanks for the info zanderstarz :)

Anthony

Chip and Dale? Great!

They used to be everywhere in Paris back in the early 2000s, but have just disappeared recently.

RnRCj

Chip and Dale will be great. They've always been one (or should I say two?) of my favourite characters at the resort, and they actually look good in Frontierland! I'm glad the show doesn't seem too much like a character-fest as well (at least so far). If it's just Goofy and Chip and Dale with other dancers and actors, it should be just fine. :)

If it does end up being a good show it'd be a shame for it to be on for such a short period. I probably won't get chance to see it.

Nala_84

Aw, that's really sad. I've only seen the Tarzan Show once in 2000 and I loooved it!! :( But I was pretty sure I wouldn't have the chance to see it again, it's just logical that Disney would replace it sooner or later and show something new on the Chapparral Stage ;)!

Will that show last longer than this summer? Will Tarzan return? Or will there be something different after GSC?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

ulak

Yes! Tarzan and Jane are so very romantic ...

[youtube:15mt4nks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKBFrc06HM[/youtube:15mt4nks]
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Kristof

DLP confirms Goofy's Summer Camp in the French "What's new this summer" press release:

Quote from: "DLP"Tout l'été, les enfants vont se régaler en participant à La colonie de vacances de Dingo. Le plus fidèle ami de Mickey (et le plus gaffeur) a concocté un spectacle rempli de surprises avec ses complices Donald, Daisy et Tic et Tac. Rendez-vous à Chaparral Theater dans Frontierland.

In short: Mickey's best friend Goofy puts together a show with Donald, Daisy and Chip & Dale at Chaparral Theater.

davewasbaloo

The set is starting to look quite nice (sorry, i was not allowed to take photos)
since 2001 (many before that)

zanderstarz

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"The set is starting to look quite nice (sorry, i was not allowed to take photos)

nice?? well at the moment its just the mickey winter set/scaffolding painted brown.
~ just like we dreamed it ~