Goofy's Summer Camp (Summer 2009)

Started by Kristof, May 07, 2009, 11:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Goofy's Summer Camp will replace The Tarzan Encounter this summer at Chaparral Theatre from July 4th to August 30th, 2009.

Disney Central Plaza member "magicdays" says that the show will be interactive, feature live musicians and characters.  Dancers are currently in consideration.  He continues that everything will take place in a new scene that will include an element from the Pocahontas show which was performed on the same stage 10 years ago. (Possibly the waterfall effect).

More news the following weeks/months.

The Butlin Boy

I don't know why, but this image always comes to mind when I hear that name:

Anyway, I'm quite disappointed to hear that Tarzan is going, and that this will be replacing it; but at the end of the day, Tarzan has been around for a long time, so perhaps change is a good thing. We'll soon find out :wink:

15MagicalYears

Well this interesting.  :?
Don't want to make any judgements just yet. I'll wait till more  info is released.

davewasbaloo

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Afterall Mickey's Winterwonderland had some highlights, so I will wait until we see it to pass judgement.

But of the countless shows I have seen in the Disney parks, our Tarzan is definately in my top 3.
since 2001 (many before that)

smurfy74

tarzan was a great show but i was getting bored of it, and tarzan isnt as popular as he used to be ( the show is now a closure show on cinemagic ). im glad we are getting a new show though  :D/

davewasbaloo

Agreed that the time was right for a change, I just really hope they are changes for the better. DLP used to have the honour of the best shows to grace a Disney stage (Mulan, Tarzan, Lion King), I would love to see this pattern continue.
since 2001 (many before that)

smurfy74

I am going the last week in June so i am hoping it will be on then. Beauty and the Beast is one show I would love to return. I wonder when we will get more details???

dagobert

Unfortunately I've never seen the Tarzan show so I don't know what it was about. We have always been to DLRP when they didn't perform the show.

I'm not very happy with the replacement, it's just another show with toons and that's the reason why I think the show is addressed to children. Although I really like the classic toons (Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Co), I think too many things in the resort are now based on them. For example there is this show on Central Plaza, with toons, Lion King show, which I really liked, replaced with Mickey cartoons, again toons, and of course this ugly sign, of course with toons, on the castle.

This year I will not make it to DLRP so I can't see the new Goofy show, but I will wait for the first pictures and reviews until I make a judgement.

It would be great when DLRP will bring back a big show like Finding Nemo at WDW, which my girlfriend and I really loved. The best Disney musical/show I've ever seen.

Kristof

The French name of the show is "La colonie de vacances de Dingo".

never2old

Have they announced yet when it will start? Will it be on only during July and August?

Kristof

Quote from: "never2old"Have they announced yet when it will start? Will it be on only during July and August?

July 4th to August 30th, 2009  :)

smurfy74

thats a short season for the show, i will miss it when we go in the last week of June which is when we used to catch the Tarzan show, maybe i might be lucky and catch a preshow if they do the odd one  :?

Agent Lex

Quote from: "dagobert"I'm not very happy with the replacement, it's just another show with toons ...  I think too many things in the resort are now based on them ...

... It would be great when DLRP will bring back a big show like Finding Nemo at WDW, which my girlfriend and I really loved. The best Disney musical/show I've ever seen.
So you hate toons, but love Nemo?

The old Goofy sporting shorts are some of the best stuff Disney made, back in the day. If this is anything like them, then it gets my stamp of approval. I never saw Tarzan since I hadn't been to the parks in yaers before, but I understand that these shows do need to be changed from time to time so I don't object to Tarzan leaving the Chapparal.

15MagicalYears

I agree, the Goofy "How to" shorts back in the day were great and ver humourous.
How to Self Defence, Hockey, Race Cars, Baseball and Swim are the ones I remember most  :lol:   :oops:

RnRCj

Shame as I wanted to see Tarzan during my next visit. :( But hopefully this new show will be okay and not too child-oriented. It'd be nice to see some cool special effects and stuff too. Somehow I doubt it'll top Tarzan.