Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Willow"I did hear the other day that the WDW has been trialing running it from Main Street to Frontierland. (It was Frontierland to Main Street). They are trailing a different direction to try and have a better flow of traffic.

The same could be happening in Paris.
WDW's nightime parade - "Spectromagic" runs from Maim Street to Frontierland, but if you nto talking about that, last August I think it was, they were refurbishing the bridge the floats and dancers travel over during the route and so the parade route was altered, from Mainstreet up to Central Plaza around and back down.

Willow

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"
Quote from: "Willow"I did hear the other day that the WDW has been trialing running it from Main Street to Frontierland. (It was Frontierland to Main Street). They are trailing a different direction to try and have a better flow of traffic.

The same could be happening in Paris.
WDW's nightime parade - "Spectromagic" runs from Maim Street to Frontierland, but if you nto talking about that, last August I think it was, they were refurbishing the bridge the floats and dancers travel over during the route and so the parade route was altered, from Mainstreet up to Central Plaza around and back down.

I'm talking about the Daytime parade. The Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade

Magicalmouse125

does anyone know why the dreams of imaginations float was down during photos magiques latest photo report.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Elwell2009

Hi its having its refurb to get rid of the 15th decorations

pussinboots

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dateli ... -more.html

I was just reading this and knowing the travesty they have at the Magic Kingdom, I would just like to state for the record that Disneyland Paris has a really really great parade.

Anthony

Yes, at least this year's trend for horrible, loud and ugly events is across all their Western resorts. I cannot believe they cut Parade of Dreams of this new event... thank god Once Upon a Dream is still so new.

It's also interesting to note that OUADP was directed by Katy Harris, who also directed the High School Musical shows (great), the Fantasy Festival Stage adaptation of Winnie the Pooh (great) and now -I believe- Playhouse Disney (perfect).

15MagicalYears

Just a note  :idea:
Celebrate! A street party is only a summer filler until the seasonal parades kick in (Halloween + Christmas) then after Christmas in 2010, Disneyland is getting a new Parade for it's 55th Birthday. So this parade won't be round for to long, it's not too bad if you watch some of the videos, It really fits in with the US parks.

Ooh and just to keep myself right, the new Parade shall be called "Wonder Parade".

:D

Ben mower

is some one inside the flots driving them or is it remotcontrolled :?

TowMater

Good question, It is both what I heard from before.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

paul

I don't know for sure but have always assumed they're driven by someone inside - as I thought that's why each float has a person walking in front of it who at night carries a maglit torch with red wand on it to guide the driver.

Poppy The Monkey

Always a person is driving - either hidden or visible; like the pirate on the Peter Pan float, or the Green Army man at the back of the Toy Story float!

The red light is indeed to guide the drivers, incase they loose their way, and to help the driver regulate their speed. All the floats also have up to 6 cameras to help the drivers!

paul

Thanks Poppy!  :)

Ben mower

thanks  :lol:

littlemermaid83

Thanks Poppy!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

TowMater

I have a question, Is Alice a puppet or a anitromic?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century