Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanderstarz

also, nearly all of the attractions in Tokyo are sponsored, not many in DLRP are. i think DLRP should have more sponsorship, especially in its entertainment department, all they have to do is stick the sponsors name on the entrance sign or on a parade float. but all in all, DOUD is a very good parade. it could do with a few more dancers to fill in the gaps but im sure that in time this will happen. rumors are that this year will see DOUD's first halloween or christmas makeover! fingers crossed!!!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

15MagicalYears

Oohhh wow!  :shock:  :D.
I could always Imagine the Moon/Sun in the first float wearing masks. Freaky ... but cool!

Willow

A potential overlay for the seasons sounds good to me.

I'd still like to see the Halloween float be apart of the parade. Instead of it being a Pre-Parade treat it as a proper float.

TowMater

I love the sound of a season makeover!

Let's get back that villains parade music and do the same thing to it what we did to the Christmas soundtrack.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Kris

I'd like the seasonal (carolers') float to have a bigger revamp. It always looks so two-dimensional, flimsy and stands out like a sore thumb against the 'real' floats.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Elaine

Is there a problem with the Lion King float at the moment? I'm just back, we watched the parade Monday through Wednesday, and the Lion King float wasn't in the parade any of these days. Consequently, the gaps between the floats seemed a lot bigger.

Elaine

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Elaine"Is there a problem with the Lion King float at the moment? I'm just back, we watched the parade Monday through Wednesday, and the Lion King float wasn't in the parade any of these days. Consequently, the gaps between the floats seemed a lot bigger.

Elaine

As part of the general parade maintenance, each float is being taken out of the parade one at a time for refurbishment. Laughter & Fun and Imagination have already been refurbished, Adventure will return to the parade in another week or two.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Elaine

Thanks for that quick reply  :D

Elaine

TowMater

Let's go a few pages back and I found a video featuring the Romance incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxEhrSbs ... re=related
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Magicalmouse125

Good video, Thanks TowMater. Jut goes to prove that bad things can happen even at the happiest place on earth.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Anthony

What I'm still wondering about this is if there were people stood at the spot it hit. I wouldn't like that beast of a parade float heading toward me with a crowd behind.

[youtube:33qgmk2l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxEhrSbstV0[/youtube:33qgmk2l]

I love how at 5mins in they try to move it and just make it worse... :lol:

Aveen2008

oops lol! :P  I agree I think I would be terrified to see that thing coming at me!! More of a nightmare than a dream!! :shock:  Poor Beast hit his head lol. I hav eto say I think it's kind of funny ( I must be in an evil mood). ALthough I hope no body was actually hurt! Appart from the poor pavement and the bottom of the float! :(

How did they get it moved in the end?? :?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Rascal-HN

Since Christmas Time I visit Disneyland Paris 3 Times. At Christmas Time the Fantillousion Parade always begins at Main Street, not as usually at Small World. Since then the same thing "happen" to the OUADP... does anybody know if the parade will now always started at Main Street? Because it`s boring if you wait over 30 minutes to see a parade stop and than an other float will stopp at your nose  :roll:

Willow

There have been tests at most of the Disney Theme Parks around the world about switching the direction which the parade travels.

Travelling from Main Street to it's a small world is meant to have better guest flow than it's a small world to Main Street.

Rascal-HN

Thanks Willow for your answer :) I`d love to see the pinocchio stop and also the snow white and aladdin stop. Usually, the parade stops will be in the area to frontierland. But the last two times, when the parade begins at Main Street and I stood by Frontierland, once I saw the Mickey Mouse Stop in Front, the other Time I saw the Alice in Wonderland stop.
I`d ask the members in the park where I should to be for the parade stop I wan`t, but they never knew anything grrr....
Can you tell me, which place I must be, that I can see the Pinocchio and Alladin/SnowWhite Stop?
Will this Christmas be the same as last year with the elves or is something new on it? Will the reindeers be back (the old died... r.i.p.)