Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal-HN

Does anyone knows, if the elves will return this year on the Christmas Time? And will "new" reindeers be in front of santa claus?

15yearsofMagic2008

Is the christmas parade the same parade they are using now , but with decorations added ? x
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Rascal-HN

The last 2 years, since the Once upon a dream parade, it is the normal parade, with no christmas decorartion or costumes. At the End of the parade they put the nutcrackers (sorry I used my English not a long time :) and Santa Claus. In the first year they are also victorian dancers, wich I prefer. It is more gentle and glamarous than the elves that fallowed last year and the victorian dancers where out! I hope also they decoarate the floats with a christmas tuch and put the characters on christmas costumes (they had the costumes why they didn`t take it?) Take Halloween. On the first float Mickey and Minnie wear different costumes.
Put the Magic back in the Christmas Parade  [-o<

Gareth

im going in december this year i hop that it gets a christmas theme :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Anthony

Just to spread out discussion a bit, official photos of the new reworked Dreams of Christmas unit:

More here: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/11/08/san ... isneyland/

And here's a reminder what the float used to look like.

Aveen2008

aw wow I love the reindeer! They look magical! Much better than the dressed up people reindeers hehe!! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

candydog

Wow... It DOES look like a boat...

Hmmm.... I like the reindeer but I'm not huge fan of what I can see of the sleigh. It could have been a bit bigger and more... sleigh-like, but I'll wait until I see some better photos of the sleigh part before I make an amateur critic of myself  :P

Epcot_Boy

Interestingly the Drum Carriage broke down on saturday and had to be towed half way down Main Street :(  They did get it going in the end though :)
I have a vid of the incident which I'll put up shortly. It's the first time I've seen a carriage break down but they dealt with it pretty effectively :)

Here's a still from the vid

David

xceemora

Do u have the video when the float broke down.

Magic M

How many different parades have there been over the 16 years?

I can vividly remember my first trip to DLRP and a "Circus" themed parade with a mini trapeze act and "Goofy the Gargantuan" as a comedy strongman.  How long did this parade last?

Anthony

Quote from: "Magic M"How many different parades have there been over the 16 years?
That's a difficult question to answer really, because up until this one began in 2007, the parades were often just the same floats recycled in various ways. There were also smaller additional cavalcades for new releases though, such as the Toy Story, Lion King, Aladdin, Hunchback parades.

Disney's ImagiNations Parade was perhaps the only full new daytime parade, in 2000, but had a short life because guests (apparently) didn't like the lack of characters and the huge floats were a bit difficult to work with.

Quote from: "Magic M"I can vividly remember my first trip to DLRP and a "Circus" themed parade with a mini trapeze act and "Goofy the Gargantuan" as a comedy strongman.  How long did this parade last?
Disney's Toon Circus, only from April to September 2001. I don't think it was very popular...

ulak

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Magic M"How many different parades have there been over the 16 years?
That's a difficult question to answer really, because up until this one began in 2007, the parades were often just the same floats recycled in various ways. There were also smaller additional cavalcades for new releases though, such as the Toy Story, Lion King, Aladdin, Hunchback parades.

Disney's ImagiNations Parade was perhaps the only full new daytime parade, in 2000, but had a short life because guests (apparently) didn't like the lack of characters and the huge floats were a bit difficult to work with.

Can we seeing video of ImagiNations Parade? thank you. :D
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Anthony

Fubar

The 'Once Upon a Dream' parade. Three parts all in HD. Taken by me in August 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJZkm5EOS44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lszVmHTQsSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVRjyvfuJuo

theverynk

So I have close friends who work at DLP and they mentioned tonight that they "had fun in their first pre-parade tonight"... !
I didn't find out what they meant at this stage but am waiting a response to a message as they were in a hurry.
Does anyone know anything about this?!

When I know more I shall update!!

Dan :)
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net