Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Alice (I'm guessing) is a very large animatronic.

Agent Lex

Indeed. If you ever see the parade from Walt's you might get a glimpse inside at the mechanics (which is a shame really).

Martyn

So by the looks of things I'm the only who preffered the previous parade and music?

Well more the music really, you just cant beat "Dancin' (A Catchy Rhythm)".

Oh and the previous parade had MUCH more dancers etc in between the floats, where this 'new' didn't realy have much at all, and we were left just looking around at other things until the next float turned up!

Sorry to rant, but I love DLP so much, they seem to do everything right, but in my opinion, they've made a big mistake with this new parade.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Martyn"Sorry to rant, but I love DLP so much, they seem to do everything right, but in my opinion, they've made a big mistake with this new parade.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. The old parade was great, but it had been around for such a long time that it almost needed to be replaced :wink:

Willow

I have to disagree.

The old Parade was old, boring and so repetitive because it had been around so long.

OUADP is a parade for the 2000s, not the 90s.
Its modern, it has a lot of new technology, it has features which no other Disney parade has. The music is fantastic and suits the story of the parade perfectly.

Its the best Disney parade in the world.

Dancin' got old very quickly, especially as it used to repeat on a loop constantly. How boring.

15MagicalYears

I have to agree, OUADP has got to be one of the best Disney parades ... in the world!

Joseph Carter

In my opinion....After seeing some of the recent parades in WDW the OUADP is quite obviously a cut above the rest. The Villains float is just stunning! :D/
I can't wait to see it again in 146 days! :D
The soundtrack is far more magical and less cheesy than "Dancing a Catchy Rythym".
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

lil-shawn

have to argee, this is definitely the best disney parade in the world,
the stile of the floats and the music are great.
i think this parade can take one more float, something like dreams of heroes
with hercules/ mulan, and this float will be between the lion king/ jungle book and
mermaid/ aladdin float  :P

Magicalmouse125

I agree with you all. The first time i saw the OUADP i got 'goose bumps' beacuse it was christmas and it was freezing :P . But no it was one of the most sensational disney parades i have seen in a long time.

:offtopic: Completly off topic! What do you guys think of 'Tokyo Disneyland's Jubilation'
Beacuse next to OUADP Jubilation is my favourite. It's great!!!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Willow

I forgot about Jubilation when I made my post earlier.

Its a really nice parade and is actually ahead of OUADP for me, but that is only due to the huge number of floats they have and the scale it is. Its huge!
If the scale was smaller OUADP would be my favourite.

Isn't everything Tokyo do amazing and on a much bigger scale than anywhere else?

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Willow"I forgot about Jubilation when I made my post earlier.

Its a really nice parade and is actually ahead of OUADP for me, but that is only due to the huge number of floats they have and the scale it is. Its huge!
If the scale was smaller OUADP would be my favourite.

Isn't everything Tokyo do amazing and on a much bigger scale than anywhere else?

i have to admit, Tokyo have the perfect balance between characters, dancers and disney magic...if only it was like that everywhere! im hoping to take a holiday in TokyoDisneyland next year, fingers crossed!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

TowMater

Jubilation is a beautiful parade, The floats tower above you and the actrobats are stunning!

So too is this parade when I saw it in person I had a tear down my right cheek while sniffing the smells and filming at the same time with a smile on my face, Really magical.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Willow"Isn't everything Tokyo do amazing and on a much bigger scale than anywhere else?
Isn't that because it's not actually owned by Disney? The Oriental Land Company owns and operates that resort, and I guess since they only have one resort to upkeep they can pump more cash into it, providing bigger and better stuff.

Willow

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "Willow"Isn't everything Tokyo do amazing and on a much bigger scale than anywhere else?
Isn't that because it's not actually owned by Disney? The Oriental Land Company owns and operates that resort, and I guess since they only have one resort to upkeep they can pump more cash into it, providing bigger and better stuff.

The Oriental Land Company have a lot of money and like to invest into the resort.
Their Winnie the Pooh ride cost hundreds of millions of dollars.
The WDW Winnie the Pooh ride cost a few million dollars.

The huge attendances also help. There are never any quiet days.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Willow"The Oriental Land Company have a lot of money and like to invest into the resort.
Their Winnie the Pooh ride cost hundreds of millions of dollars.
The WDW Winnie the Pooh ride cost a few million dollars.

You just have to look at the new Monsters Inc ride to see this, it's incredible :shock: