Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

of course not, the Once Upon A Dream parade will be here for at least the next 5-7 years!!!

WDI1992

oh lol no no, absolutely not Miss Tinkerbell! that will not happen, you can be sure 'bout that!
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Anthony

Just to let you know about a new Media Magic Interview with one of the parade's creators now translated into English on DLRP Today, with some especially interesting details about the European roots of inspiration behind its floats:

Riebi

Thanks anthony!  =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Magicalmouse125

It's a really good interview. Thank you Anthony. I've always loved OUADP. The music and the atmosphere is just great.

LONG LIVE THE ONCE UPON A DREAM PARADE
love it
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

TowMater

I was looking through videos of the parade on YouTube and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGPPSTJONA
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "TowMater"I was looking through videos of the parade on YouTube and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGPPSTJONA

Fantastic find, thanks for posting it. Wow, what an interesting video :mrgreen:

15MagicalYears

That was a great find! Very intresting video, I love seeing videos of the magic coming together, bit by bit  :P

Ice101

It is funny how most of the Disney parades are there for around 6 years but Disneylands only made through 4, 2005-2008.  Then they'll get a new one for 2010.

None the less, although I haven't actually seen the parade in real life, I really like the layout of it.  It is much similar to Disneyland's Parade of Dreams, which is a favorite of mine, and the whole float theme with the books, and all sorts.  The only thing I don't like, which I don't like in any parade, is the float dedicated to villains.  Walt Disney World's parade has one and I just don't like the actual concept of that.  It doesn't seem right.

Willow

Disneyland, CA gets more entertainment improvements as they mainly aim at locals so need new entertainments to keep them coming back.

Whereas, Walt Disney World is tourists so they very rarely get new entertainment.

Magicalmouse125

Great video. Interresting to see how it all came together. great find
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

casschr05

apparantly the parade has been travelling from near the main street photography(where it would normally finish) up main street into fantasyland

anyone know why this could be?

Edit: I mean does anyone know why the parade has a different direction?
(I know it happened yesterday)

The Butlin Boy

It did the same thing when we were there for new year, not sure why though :-k

Willow

I did hear the other day that the WDW has been trialing running it from Main Street to Frontierland. (It was Frontierland to Main Street). They are trailing a different direction to try and have a better flow of traffic.

The same could be happening in Paris.

casschr05

Quote from: "Willow"I did here the other day that the WDW has been trialing running it from Main Street to Frontierland. (It was Frontierland to Main Street). They are trailing a different direction to try and have a better flow of traffic.

The same could be happening in Paris.
I thought of that reason actually...I don't know if it would help though