Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

Has anybody know what happened to the Alice float recently?

I looked on several videos of the parade earlier this month and there was no Alice float and there was a whole flock of characters behind the Mickey float inculding Jafar, Alice Characters, Pinocchio, Lilo & Stitch, Robin Hood, Cinderella & Lewis Robinson etc.

Is this a new thing?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Poppy The Monkey

The Alice float is in rehab for 3 weeks - it should be back next Saturday. It is the second float to go into rehab - first was the Romance 2 float, and next will be Imagination, so Mickey and co will be walking the parade while the 15th sign is removed and the float is redecorated for Mickey's Magical Party!!

Riebi

hope "redecorated" doesn´t mean give it some horrible colors all over
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kris

3 weeks is a long long time for the float to be in rehab. All those added painting effects on the floats appeared overnight ahead of the 'premiere' a couple of years back. I'm kind of scared about which illuminous shades they'll paint 'Imagination' :S
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Willow

They may just add streamers and more party-ish things. Maybe balloons from the top of the Hot Air balloon and the moon?

Anyone know if they will be getting rid of Just Like we Dreamed It?
It fits the parade but they may want to re-enforce the party atmosphere.

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Willow"Anyone know if they will be getting rid of Just Like we Dreamed It?
It fits the parade but they may want to re-enforce the party atmosphere.

Its definitely staying
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Kristof

Quote from: "Riebi"hope "redecorated" doesn´t mean give it some horrible colors all over

You mean something like this.......  :P

Reiana

OMG  :shock: That's not a float! That's a bad joke. That thing is embarrassing!

Kris

That float's hilarious :P

I'm sure the show mode theme will be changed to that party time track. Dreaming has little to do with a magical party I guess
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Willow

Thats the WDW parade isn't it? If it is there are a lot more issues with their parade than just a silly coloured opening float!

Its only for a year and the rest of the parade is in such a state it doesn't look out of place. At least they have got rid of their "Dreams on Parade" song.

casschr05

that float is certainly lively!

WDI1992

The opening float, dreams of imagination, is now (as of past monday) in Refurb and Alice's float has returned, completely refurbed. No changes made of course, the effects seem to have been altered though, more smoke effects and scent effects!  
Mickey and Minnie now make their entrance in the parade sitting in a Main Street Car, surrounded by some extra characters.
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Willow

I guess over the next year more floats will be going down during the off-season?

Its worth them going missing for a few weeks just to keep the parade in top condition, its going to be around for many years to come so at least keep it in good condition.

Its such a beautiful parade and hopefully it stays looking as great as it does.

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Riebi"hope "redecorated" doesn´t mean give it some horrible colors all over

You mean something like this.......  :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/ ... G_1156.jpg

AH MY EYES!!!  :cry:
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Miss Tinkerbell

But the parade is definately staying then??? They're not replacing it after the 15 years celebrations have ended???

YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!