Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

Yea as Martin said the pictures show first the showstop, where Aladdin and Jasmine, Snow White and Prince leave their respective floats and dance in front of the First Dreams Of Romance Float, after the stop they go back to their floats. There is defiantly only one of each character in the parade.

Ursula moves and talks in a very realistic way.

And Peter and Wendy only spend a little time in the house - their dialouge means they are often running around the ship shouting at Hook.

And the cast numbers have been upped not cut, there was normally 75 in the WWODP today about 100 were in the OUADP, but your right more dancers are needed!!

Heres a little video, but it doesn't do the parade justice really considering the position and weather.....

http://jerome.magicrpm.com/index.php

Masamune

:shock: Just. WOW.

:D Maleficent's costume is just incredible! And I'm so chuffed that Scar is on the Villain float! :o Also, I think I see Cheshire Cat on the Alice float!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/o ... m/DSC07437

:) There's pink and purple stripes to the bottom left of the float, so I'm like 99% sure that it's Cheshire! *So happy* :P

All the floats are beautiful! I got a real sense of "reach out and touch" from these pictures, like the people there were just inches away from the characters ON the floats. :lol: *Hopes this makes sense to people*

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Masamune"

shell_ely

just watched the video and it sounds like they are not playing one sone all the way througth but diffrant for each float !  what about the new song ?

love the parade thougth  :ears:

davewasbaloo

Maybe I was too quick to judge, seeing the parade, the effects are excellent!
since 2001 (many before that)

Disneyana

The parade looks wonderful. I like this very colourful style. And all the floats are magically beautiful. The last two princess floats are gorgeous. The only sad thing, it seems like there are no life characters on the Alice float ?!  :shock:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

penfold12

I understand where your coming from Davewasbaloo. I saw the photo's and thought it was ok. Then just watched the full video, and it looks fantastic! The Villans float blew me away. Ursula is just great. On the video, the final two floats are a real fitting end too!

Masamune

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Yes he's there!

pic from dlrp.fr
:( I'm only seeing a Red X!

DisneyBud

wow, i really like the music!!

-b-e-n-9-5-

weres the video?
Where Magic Lives

Jayna62

:pluto: The floats in the parade looks great, but not sure about the music, i could change my mind when i'm watching the parade in the park.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Jayna62":pluto: The floats in the parade looks great, but not sure about the music, i could change my mind when i'm watching the parade in the park.

I know what you mean, it's more like the generic stuff in the US parks now.  I used to really love Dancing a Catchy Rhythm - such a feel good song.
since 2001 (many before that)

shell_ely

just watched the video again and i realy am not sure about the music ,it sounds like there are to many diffrant sounds playing and it just sounds realy noisy with no theme  wish they just had the one song playing all the way througth !
will this change i thought there was a new song?  :cry:

what do you think?

DUDZROC

Quote from: "djdisney1"weres the video?
there I think//http://youtube.com/watch?v=qP_srhK6Ajs

Anthony

Quote from: "shell_ely"just watched the video again and i realy am not sure about the music ,it sounds like there are to many diffrant sounds playing and it just sounds realy noisy with no theme  wish they just had the one song playing all the way througth !
will this change i thought there was a new song?  :cry:

what do you think?
The new song - Just Like We Dreamed It - is used to open the parade and during the show stops.

I haven't watched the videos, I'll wait until Friday to hear how it sounds actually in the park before judging.  I don't think a video camera amongst the crowd can quite capture the music the same.

Should DLRP continue using Dancin' for eternity?? I think its time has passed.  On its own, the orchestra-style float music sounds great, but I can imagine it might be a bit of a nightmare getting it to blend together.  I wouldn't say it's "generic" like the US parks at all, it certainly has more than enough of its own style and I'm so glad they aren't just playing a single song on a loop anymore.  Dancin' was the most generic song ever.  Great and wonderful, but generic.