Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUDZROC

Has anyone filmed it?

disneymadchris

Quote from: "DUDZROC"Has anyone filmed it?

No videos are available as of yet but I am sure someone has.

DUDZROC

Cant wait to see it

disneymadchris

Neither can I. Should be great. You can watch the last ever Princess' Parade by the way, if you would like to do that.

DUDZROC

what a full video?

disneymadchris

No. But this link shows them disappearing into the distance for the last time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFGhzHjX9Ds

DUDZROC

Yes its a bit sad, wonder why they'll scrap steamboat wille :(

Japper

On themepark you can find some cool pictures!
http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php? ... Post290427

shell_ely

wow  :mickey1:

it looks great cant wait too see it first hand  :ears:

Japper

Maarten

It's hard for me to judge this parade by a few pics, but I will try to form an opinion. Ofcourse I have to see a video of it, hear the music or even better: see it in person, but in the meantime I will give you my first impressions.

Dreams of Imagination (float 1); This float really sets the stage for the parade in my opinion. Visually it looks great, although I cant help thinking that the float should have been made on a slightly larger scale. By the way, take a closer look to the fiber optics on the moon... awesome! There is even a "Once Upon A Dream" sign at the back of the sun! For some reason the moon reminds me of the moon at Space Mountain- de la Terre a la Lune, but I guess its just me... I like to think that its a tribute to one of the best attractions of the last 15 years, but I guess its just wishful thinking haha.

Dreams of Laughter & Fun (float 2); Personally, I think this is the worst float. Its small and I am not impressed by the design of the Wonderland characters. On the other hand, look at the details one again... this time its the eyes of Alice that caught my attention. The Pinocchio part isn't that special to me but the costumes of the performers contain a nice style. Nothing special, but certainly not bad in my humble opinion.

Dreams of Friendship (float 3); Toy Story seems well excecuted. Just a bunch of characters on a float. The height of the float seems more impressive then the previous 2 floats. Besides that, take one more look to the details; the awesome calculator near Woody. Awesome! The Pooh part of the float looks extremely small. The style of this part is great, from the tree to the table, and from the lamps to the hunny pots... its simply quality. It's just too small once again. I would have loved to see more characters around that table and behind the float... but the bouncing Tigger makes up for that!  :wink:

4) Dreams of Fantasy (float 4); Now its getting interesting. This float looks already worthwile from a distance. The cartoony style is a new approach on the Peter Pan theme, but I quite like it actually. The Big Ben even has its details and the skull in front of the pirate ship has asewome green lights in its eyes. One thing that bothers me is that Peter Pan and Wendy are difficult to see. Maybe its different in real life, but thats my impression. The Mary Poppins section seems like a waste of space.

Dreams of Power (float 5); One word; beautiful! The lava effect looks awesome and the Malificent costume is breathtaking. I'm not sure if Ursula moves or talks like in Parade of Dreams, but she looks great. Its already my favorite float!  8)

6) Dreams of Adventure (float 6); The Lion King section seems like a small incarnation of the Lion King float of Parade of Dreams. I also like the height of the float, for some reason it makes a float far more impressive to me. There is only one thing that I don't like about the style of this float: the grass and the tree look to plastic and cartoony to my taste. I would have liked to see a more realistic approach, but I think its a only a minor thing.

Dreams of Romance : Part 1 (float 7); this float looks fine too me. Personally, I've no band with those princesses at all, so I dont really mind. But the float looks fine. I like the details once again; the fiber optics at the Mermiad part of the float. There is only one weird thing; why are there 2 pairs of Alladin and Jasmine? That is really odd and should be changed immediately!

Dreams of Romance : Part 2 (float 8 ); this float is in the same style of the precious float. It seems fine to me, but not really my cup of tea. By the way, is that Snowwhite once again? Its really weird to see 2 pairs of Snowwhite once again. :?

Conclusion; ofcourse I can only comment on the pics I have seen so far; but from what I have seen I really think this is a winner. Its clear that the same design team of Parade of Dreams developed this parade too. Great. Although some floats are quite small, the effects and details are high quality. One thing I noticed was that the parade looked messy, and thats because of the lack of the dancers I think. I never bothered, but I think they should be added once again, it gives the parade more consistency. But apart from that, I think that Once Upon A Dream Parade can easily compete with its American cousins.

Martin

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, is that Snowwhite once again? Its really weird to see 2 pairs of Snowwhite once again. :?

I think it's because some of the pictures are from the show mode, where the characters leave the floats :)

tcsnwhite

Quote from: "Maarten"Conclusion; ofcourse I can only comment on the pics I have seen so far; but from what I have seen I really think this is a winner. Its clear that the same design team of Parade of Dreams developed this parade too. Great. Although some floats are quite small, the effects and details are high quality. One thing I noticed was that the parade looked messy, and thats because of the lack of the dancers I think. I never bothered, but I think they should be added once again, it gives the parade more consistency. But apart from that, I think that Once Upon A Dream Parade can easily compete with its American cousins.

I don't believe this production was designed by the same team that did DL USA's Parade of Dreams.  I believe this parade took much of its influence and inspiration from Parade of Dreams, but the design was done exclusively in Paris.  

It truly looks wonderful, and I can't wait to see video pop up - oh, and a cd release!!!  
I would love to see it on a bright sunny day coming down Main Street- photos would probably show up better as well. Maybe thats why some seem to not think too highly of it yet- the rain and dreary atmosphere that day don't make the photos or video come out as nice.

Maarten

Quote from: "tcsnwhite"
Quote from: "Maarten"Conclusion; ofcourse I can only comment on the pics I have seen so far; but from what I have seen I really think this is a winner. Its clear that the same design team of Parade of Dreams developed this parade too. Great. Although some floats are quite small, the effects and details are high quality. One thing I noticed was that the parade looked messy, and thats because of the lack of the dancers I think. I never bothered, but I think they should be added once again, it gives the parade more consistency. But apart from that, I think that Once Upon A Dream Parade can easily compete with its American cousins.

I don't believe this production was designed by the same team that did DL USA's Parade of Dreams.  I believe this parade took much of its influence and inspiration from Parade of Dreams, but the design was done exclusively in Paris.  

Ah okay, I didn't knew that. Ow, I remember Tristane at the 15th Blog said something like that. Well, in that case they indeed took a lot of inspiration from Parade of Dreams. Thats a clever move, simply because that parade is curently the best daytime parde in the US Disney parks in my humble opinion.

Japper