Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shell_ely

thats good then i was just hopeing that they would be using a song we could all love like dancin i just thought that they had changed there mind as i could not here it on the video  :ears:

and i do think its great that they have got a new parade and song i guess it is just change and hoping that it will live up to all our expectations that bothers me  :pluto:

cant wait to here what you think of the parade! when do you get back?

hope you take us some great photos  :pluto:

Masamune

Quote from: "Masamune"
Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Yes he's there!

pic from dlrp.fr
:( I'm only seeing a Red X!
:D It works now! :lol: OMG, that's so awesome. :P I know what side of the road I'll be standing on!

Samninetysix

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "shell_ely"just watched the video again and i realy am not sure about the music ,it sounds like there are to many diffrant sounds playing and it just sounds realy noisy with no theme  wish they just had the one song playing all the way througth !
will this change i thought there was a new song?  :cry:

what do you think?
The new song - Just Like We Dreamed It - is used to open the parade and during the show stops.

I haven't watched the videos, I'll wait until Friday to hear how it sounds actually in the park before judging.  I don't think a video camera amongst the crowd can quite capture the music the same.

Should DLRP continue using Dancin' for eternity?? I think its time has passed.  On its own, the orchestra-style float music sounds great, but I can imagine it might be a bit of a nightmare getting it to blend together.  I wouldn't say it's "generic" like the US parks at all, it certainly has more than enough of its own style and I'm so glad they aren't just playing a single song on a loop anymore.  Dancin' was the most generic song ever.  Great and wonderful, but generic.

Aren't you defending it before you've heard it???

I agree with what was said above - it seems a complete move away from whats gone before musically. I can't remember a time before when a parade song/tune has not instantly been a hit

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Samninetysix"I agree with what was said above - it seems a complete move away from whats gone before musically. I can't remember a time before when a parade song/tune has not instantly been a hit

But it is a complete move away - that was the plan!!

Dancin' was a complete move away from the first disney classics parade - which had a similar musical format as the Once Upon A Dream Parade is using, with each float having it's own musical presence.

To be honest I'd of prefered to have a constant underliner on the park speakers with variations on each float (like Disney's Cinema Parade and Fantillusion), it much easier to perform that way too, as the music can be pretty confusing if the park's speakers are out of sync with the floats and the music hasn't caught up to the correct float.

But the score on the first float is fantastic, the chorus version of "Just like we dreamed it" is really good - I'm sure most would agree.

When you watch the parade in the park - everything comes together much better, everytime you change dream you will hear the dreamy "when you wish upon a star" before the music of the next float is played through park speakers - it does sound confusing on the videos, but works much better in the park.

The only thing I don't like is the very random way the words "Just Like We Drrreeeaaammmed it" blasts through all floats at certain points for a couple of seconds - it sounds, even in the park, like someone has pushed the wrong button. I know what wanted to be achieved - but it doesn't work.

And inital reaction in the park has been really postive - with people in tears at the end of the parade as the princesses dance to their tear-jerking score.

stuarthulluk

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"
Quote from: "Samninetysix"I agree with what was said above - it seems a complete move away from whats gone before musically. I can't remember a time before when a parade song/tune has not instantly been a hit

I've heard it all, and seen it all.

But it is a complete move away - that was the plan!!

Dancin' was a complete move away from the first disney classics parade - which had a similar musical format as the Once Upon A Dream Parade is using, with each float having it's own musical presence.

To be honest I'd of prefered to have a constant underliner on the park speakers with variations on each float (like Disney's Cinema Parade and Fantillusion), it much easier to perform that way too, as the music can be pretty confusing if the park's speakers are out of sync with the floats and the music hasn't caught up to the correct float.

But the score on the first float is fantastic, the chorus version of "Just like we dreamed it" is really good - I'm sure most would agree.

When you watch the parade in the park - everything comes together much better, everytime you change dream you will hear the dreamy "when you wish upon a star" before the music of the next float is played through park speakers - it does sound confusing on the videos, but works much better in the park.

The only thing I don't like is the very random way the words "Just Like We Drrreeeaaammmed it" blasts through all floats at certain points for a couple of seconds - it sounds, even in the park, like someone has pushed the wrong button. I know what wanted to be achieved - but it doesn't work.

And inital reaction in the park has been really postive - with people in tears at the end of the parade as the princesses dance to their tear-jerking score.

hey i agree with you, i was very lucky, i got to go on thurs and just came back....the new parade is fantastic,,,,,,, the all have smells and stuff which is wiked...and i got to see the last princess parade.... and my god, it was huge 12 dancers for each float.... and 40 plus characters and the steamboat willie dancers were back..... was so gooooood.......... i miss it already. we watched it right at the end of the route, and the dancers were crying.... emotional or what....

but they new parade is very good. im loving it....very impressed by the puppets and animatronics........

a few hicups that made me chuckle....

saw it saturday, and one of the heads fell off the lion king animals infront of the parade during the stop..... so they done the stop with no head with the guid running around with it... then finally deciding to plonk it right infront of the float tyers..., commical...

and mon....., we watched it on mianstreet, they done the stop but the 1st float then kinda stalled, and didnt move for bout 5 mins..... which was strange.....so afer that the whole parade was rushded......, ive never seen the princess section go that fast!!!!!, it was speeding down the street.

seen it 3 times and its sooo gd with all the voices..... and it really does all work..... urusal is f***ing amazing

Kris

I agree with people's views on the "just like we dreamed it" blasts. They really do come across as very random. A better way of implimenting the idea would be to re-record those "transitions" in the style of the next float so at least it doesn't seem out of place.

With that asside, the music does work very well however I would have prefered the underliner system if given the choice. The best thing about this idea is that you can hear all the character dialogue really clearly as they pass!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

kurgly_bird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8WWuwNw ... er&search=

a brief clip of the alice float, there are a few others. not great but yknow.

Charlotte

shell_ely

wow  :ears:

changed my opinon completley just seen one of the parade stops and it was fantastic , love the song and when you look at diffrant clips of the floats they are all great on there own with there own sounds  :mickey1:

all i can say is sorry disney i was too quick to judge ,cant wait to see it for real now  :ears:

Kristof

Here are some more photos from the parade during a nice sunny day!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/o ... eam_parade

shell_ely

great photos  :ears:

the sun makes them look much better  :pluto:

Riebi

Looks great in the sun!  :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Soap

:shock:  looks very, very good!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Philharmagic

I talked to most of the creators of the parade (show director, costume designer, composer, songwriter, designer) and I'll put all that on my blog (it's in French), one each week. The first one is now available. It's a long interview with Katy Harris, show director of the parade. It was a lot of fun! I hope you'll enjoy it and find lots of info about the parade.

tcsnwhite

Quick question-

Since the official start this past weekend, were there any more performers added to the parade?  
I believe someone mentioned that the full cast wasn't out for the previews, so I was just wondering?

thanks
tc

Hilary

You know what? I'm spending a stupid amount of money going to DLRP by myself for a couple of days this July.  It's really pretty stupid - and yet, when I look at those parade photos, I know it will be worth every penny :D