Mobilization against the creation of F1 circuit

Started by benjicool, September 28, 2008, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hathaway Browne

Glad to hear we're getting somewhere now!  :) I don't think "Circuit Davy Crockett" would be such a bad thing either, and then we would have best of both worlds.

Maybe they could put some sort of trams ystem down to the DCR to tie it in with the main resort (and track).
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

ford prefect

Kungaloosh!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

duthoy

a circuit would be great, if:
we could rent for an amount of 20 euro's a, let's say reasonably priced car (a freaking lacetti) and try it on the circuit for an hour, wit the support of a unknown [strike:30zp0ns4]caring[/strike:30zp0ns4] racing pilot who is wearing a white jumpsuit and mirror-glass helmet.  :lol:

Riebi

Quote from: "ford prefect"Kungaloosh!

:lol:  never heard but cool word!  :lol:

The problem is: The plan seems to be a circuit directly next to the hotels (nearly scraping the hotel lobby of NPBC) and on the ground of the 3. theme park and two hotels. The discussion is about this place and why they haven´t choose another. We know they are there.

All the other question (are the F1 fans just noise ugly rednecks, how many races a year, is Disney and F1 compatible ....) are secondarily at the moment. And I think we won´t get a solution in that questions cause everybody has it´s own opinion in F1.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ford prefect

Quote from: "Riebi"

:lol:  never heard but cool word!  :lol: .

A salute to Hathaway Browne.  Kungaloosh is the salute of the Adventurers' Club (now closed down) of Pleasure Island in Walt Disney World.

As for F1 fans being noise ugly rednecks ( :lol: ) I think everyone will have their own opinions. And I'm not noisy.  :lol:

Duthoy:  I am sure The Stig will be there!  At least one of them will be anyway.

Hathaway Browne

:lol: Kungaloosh!!

Hoopla!

-----
Track rental (especially if they used Rue Schuman only on race weekends) would make sense.
Maybe one of the Moteurs Corsas? ;)

Remco K.

Quote from: "Riebi"The problem is: The plan seems to be a circuit directly next to the hotels (nearly scraping the hotel lobby of NPBC) and on the ground of the 3. theme park and two hotels. The discussion is about this place and why they haven´t choose another. We know they are there.
I'm glad the article also reads "Attention ! il ne s'agira pas du choix définitif qui devrait selon toute vraisemblance intervenir d'ici la fin de l'année... ", so the choice of location isn't definitive yet. Hopefully they'll realise that this location is way to close to the hotels.

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "Riebi"The problem is: The plan seems to be a circuit directly next to the hotels (nearly scraping the hotel lobby of NPBC) and on the ground of the 3. theme park and two hotels. The discussion is about this place and why they haven´t choose another. We know they are there.
That's a rediculous statement. The track is no where near the NPBC lobby.

Quote from: "Riebi"All the other question (are the F1 fans just noise ugly rednecks, how many races a year, is Disney and F1 compatible ....) are secondarily at the moment. And I think we won´t get a solution in that questions cause everybody has it´s own opinion in F1.
Way to tar everyone with the same brush. F1 fans are not "ugly nosiy rednecks".

Quote from: "Remco K."
I'm glad the article also reads "Attention ! il ne s'agira pas du choix définitif qui devrait selon toute vraisemblance intervenir d'ici la fin de l'année... ", so the choice of location isn't definitive yet. Hopefully they'll realise that this location is way to close to the hotels.
Yes, I'm happy it says that too. As after all this is not a certainty. Not only could the FFSA say "non", but also FOM/FIA. They could deem it to be too close to the hotels.

They could also say, nice, but we'll still go elsewhere.

Riebi

Sorry for trying to get some humour back to this world-end topic. Seems that for some it could be the world-end if the circuit don´t come   :P :lol:

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"That's a rediculous statement.

Like to keep the guys smiling.

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"Way to tar everyone with the same brush. F1 fans are not "ugly nosiy rednecks".

Huuuwaaahuuuuu....I don´t think that! That was just an abstract about the discussion points in this topic. Would never say my best friends are noisy ugly rednecks. Must know I´m in the mittle of F1 fans (and yes I call them all friends!) After thinking about it: Some of them yes! But I love them  :mrgreen:  and they love to be noisy ugly rednecks. So calm down! That´s the magicforum. No place to beeing brusque  :lol:

Hathaway Browne

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. Its way to easy to misread tone of statements on forums, (ie when there's intended humour)

Riebi

No problem! Seems to be a hot topic!

ford prefect

This definately a hot topic with strong views.  I am glad we are only debating Disney and Motorsport and nothing trivial and meaningless like the world economy, peace in the middle east and the presidential elections in the USA.
 :wink:

Nicholas-c

Just a thought, couldn't dlrp use the circuit for a go-kart course or something when not in use of official events ?

@ Hathaway Browne : Moving a couple other dates around you could fit it in on dlrp off season with ease ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

phantom247

I feel quite sad that this is a project that Eurodisney SCA wants to push forwards when their are many projects that are at a stage in their development that all it needs is the final financial approval for the bothans (for the uniniciated this is a term for Imagineers) in Both Paris and California to break ground.  We are at a crossroads if we Invest now in our existing infrastructure and expand this infrastructure we have got a bright future ahead of us if not look towards big cutbacks in entertainment budgets as Guest numbers go down it could be worse than 2003-2006 where we saw a big drop of in overall guests when investment in new facilities dried up.  Yes a F1 race may be good in filling Hotel rooms if placed in a low occupancy period of the year like September, January, Febuary, March but what about the Polution, Noise and other things that will have to come along with this I am not anti F1 I enjoy motor racing but I can think their could be many other areas in France where this could go without effecting resort operations.

ford prefect

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Just a thought, couldn't dlrp use the circuit for a go-kart course or something when not in use of official events ?

@ Hathaway Browne : Moving a couple other dates around you could fit it in on dlrp off season with ease ;)

International Motorsport Events Calendars are set by the Federation Internationale d'Automobile.  The individual circuit owners have the dates imposed on them.

I repeat my previous post: The French Grand Prix usually takes place in June.

The circuit will be at least 3 miles long which makes go karting impractical.