Mobilization against the creation of F1 circuit

Started by benjicool, September 28, 2008, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

Quote from: "Riebi"
Quote from: "ford prefect"Just to point out: Most motorsport fans will camp or use non disney hotels because they won't want to get in the way of the Disney-ness.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Sorry it must be sooo hard for the fans to first destroy my holiday destination number one and then saying "uuuuuuh...there´s disney everywhere at Disneyland Resort Paris". How to complaining about the french people in france? Next step to do?
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Sorry but I´m on the floor cause of all that laughing running through my body  :lol:

Sorry, that's not what I meant!

If you read the posts on the F1 forums you will see that F1 fans don't want this anymore than we do!

AS far as most F1 fans are concerned the whole thing is a joke.  They don't want to go to DLP so whilst they will go to the F1 race and payh a visit to DLP the fact that it is at Disneyland is irrelevant.  

What F1 fans want is a mature sensible traditional racing circuit steeped in history.

Comments on the 10 tenths forum have so far included: "It looks a bit Mickey Mouse", "it looks a bit of a goofy layout and other items of wit!"

They certainly won't be complaining of Disney at DLP, they just won't really be bothered about it.  

I would also say that Fans (I include my self in both camps here!) are not intent on ruining your holiday.

The fact that the circuit will be at DLP is the thing that is spoiling things for you and everyone else who doesn't like the idea.

Please don't blame me and my fellow F1 fans.  We haven't asked for the circuit to be at DLP and I certainly won't be complaining about Disney. Or France.  This would be the French Grand Prix, not the Disney Grand Prix.

I am sorry that this would spoil things, however please appreciate that I am on both sides of this argument.

I want a French Grand Prix, I would be happy if it was a t DLP because it would be by dream holiday: Go to the British Grand Prix, then a week in Disney followed by the French Grand Prix. Perfect!

However I also don't want the race at DLP because I love the resort.  If a circuit was there I would use it on a regular basis because I love the sport, but I don't want it to ruin DLP.

Rock. Me. Hard place.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

ford prefect

Just as a post note to the above:

In case you are wondering F1 management care not a jot for the fans of the sport, so our opinions would have as little merit to the powers that be as the opinions of everyone on this forum.

Sorry, that didn't make a lot of sense.

Basically what I mean is:

If it doesn't happen, great.  If the powers that be want it to happen then it will! Nothing any of us thinks or says will change that.

Riebi

Hm I don´t want blaming the F1 fans. Just bernie cause I don´t like him and I think he should also be a F1 fan...maybe...someday...on saturdays?

But I don´t see now any benefit for Disney if the F1 fans don´t like Disney much. The only people who would be happy seems to be a small intersection of disney and f1 lovers. Hope that´s enough for the happy holiday side of DLRP.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

bigrossco

hay all

this was posted on http://www.valeurope-san.fr/info/FR/For ... 670/060111

(used google translator)

5 mayors send a joint letter to François Fillon. October 15: The FFSA must conduct an inventory of applications from various potential sites. Warning! This is not the final choice that is likely to occur by the end of the year ...
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

bigrossco

i have seen this on the ITV F1 Website:

FFSA president Nicolas Deschaux told L'Equipe that the Paris Val d'Europe scheme at Disneyland was the front-runner as it was "the only project that could take place in 2010", but that all the options on the shortlist were "serious" possibilities in the longer term.

So looks like it may happen we will just see prob be some time next year (summer?) we will find out
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip

ford prefect

However, the French Grand Prix next year has been cancelled due to "financial reasons".

The group that cancelled it was th FFSA.

The whole siuation is very wide open.

Hathaway Browne

^It is still open, I agree.

And having seen the finalised plans for the Abu Dhabi Yas Marina track and its gimmicks, I realise that they are once again heading to another "event" track (like Monaco and Singapore), so the notion of a Disneyland Pairs GP doesn't seem that absurd.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

ford prefect

Autosport Magazine (a weekly british motorsport magazine) discussed the matter.  On the whole they seem to think it will happen.

Hathaway Browne

And they're usually right on things. In fact I believe their exact words were "the only realistic chance for the future of the French GP".
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

DisneyObsessive

Hi All

I've been looking at the plans again.  Has anyone else noticed that the Hotel footprints are just a cut and paste from the Newport Bay including the car parks.  So it looks like those plans are a long way from a final site plan.

Given the high occupance rate at Disney's Hotels 90%+ I can see why Disney would be interested. If someone else is prepared to help fund two new hotels then the idea has a lot to offer.  I wonder if there is a way that the circuit could be combinded with some kind of park for the rest of the year between races.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "ford prefect"Nothing any of us thinks or says will change that.

Sadly that seems to be life. We kid ourselves that we can change things or have some power, but sadly not a lot.  What do I teach my kids?
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "ford prefect"Nothing any of us thinks or says will change that.

Sadly that seems to be life. We kid ourselves that we can change things or have some power, but sadly not a lot.  What do I teach my kids?

Teach them: You must be the next Bernie cause then you´re the king of the world. Get all you want. Even a F1 circuit next to a Disney hotel  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Remco K.

bigrossco

very intresting place to have it aspecaly so close to some hotels!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays

ford prefect

The proximity of the hotels is not a problem.

It is coomon practice to have hotels near circuits, even venues that don't host F1!  For example Brands Hatch Circuit in Kent has a Thistle Hotel right at the circuit gates.

These 2 hotels would equally attract the motorsport fans if they are appropriately themed.