Mobilization against the creation of F1 circuit

Started by benjicool, September 28, 2008, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjicool

Hello everyone!

I come today to tell you about the very important project of creating a new F1 circuit!
In France, during the first week of July takes place the French Grand Prix at Magny-Cours. But this year, the circuit was closed and management of the F1 circuit want to move to Dineyland ...!
Most French fans are mobilized against the creation of this circuit which does not correspond to the investment project of Disney! Moreover, this circuit should take place directly on the ground reserved for the 3rd ... theme park!
This circuit is also very close to neighboring (Bailly-Romainvilliers and Magny-le-Hongre) and could generate pollution!
A petition was created by Fans on the Internet to mobilize the community of Disney Fans against the creation of the F1 circuit!
For the time other projects are also under consideration in the outskirts of Paris but from many people, the circuit is that Disney would have the support of F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone!

I invite you to sign this petition and visit the site of the collective created against the creation of the F1 circuit at Val d'Europe!

WEB SITE : http://ccvde.web.officelive.com/default.aspx (In French but you can translate in English with Google)
PETITION : http://www.petitionduweb.com/voirpetiti ... ition=2088

Thank you for your future support and do not hesitate to spread the word to preserve our Resort and avoid disfiguring Disneyland Resort Paris!

-breeno-

Personally i think a F1 circuit at DLRP would be cool.

Not too sure weather this should be moved to the offical F1 circuit at DLRP topic (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4591) or weblinks because you are advertising your/a website and petition. ;)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Personally, I hate the idea of the F1 circuit. Can you imagine the pollution and noise it would create? It would also take up a huge part DLRP's expansion area.

I've signed the petition.

pussinboots

I hate the whole idea. The noise, the pollution (of both air and image), the clientele, the beer... Not to mention how Disneyland Paris has so far maintained a lovely, relatively green, park-like air. It hardly needs this asphalt nightmare. Yeah, I'll sign.

I'm sure they've learned their lesson with the Walt Disney Studios and will negotiate their way out of the third park contract. This is not the answer.

experiment627

Considering that, in 2008, DLRP got the most publicity just due to the *idea* of F1 setting up a circuit at that site, and not because of ToT or Kids go Free (do a Google search in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish etc.) - no, I cannot sign such a petition even though I couldn't care less about F1.

And seriously: except for maybe one or two weekends a year, the whole F1 circuit idea would probably create less pollution and noise than that fan boy's wet dream that is that famed "3rd gate".

ford prefect

I love motorsport, however it won't happen.  I posted my opinions in the other thread so I won't bore anyone with them again.

I would like to correct a few things in the original post.

Circuit Magny Nevers Court is not closed.  Motor racing circuits do not solely exist for one race.  Indeed, next years French Grand Prix will be at Magny Cours.

http://www.magnyf1.com/index.php

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/6/7994.html

Promotion of such an event would not be handled by a company as inexperienced in such things as Disney..

If it is going to happen it wil be at least 3 years away due to the necessary homgolation to bring the circuit up to FIA standards.

I will be gobsmacked if this happens, it is not in Disney's interest to promote it since everyone who promotes a race loses money hand over fist, so who will promote it?  Nobody is on the horizon who has the money and the will...
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Nicholas-c

I think F1 is very good idea, alot of business (From very rich people) off season for 1 weekend a year.

Besides its only a rumour, when Bernie Ecclestone actually says so and gives it the go then we can complain ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Nala_84

I don't know if this is true or not, but I have the same opinion as RnRCj and signed the petition, too!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "ford prefect"I love motorsport, however it won't happen.  I posted my opinions in the other thread so I won't bore anyone with them again

I will be gobsmacked if this happens, it is not in Disney's interest to promote it since everyone who promotes a race loses money hand over fist, so who will promote it?  Nobody is on the horizon who has the money and the will...

I absolutely agree........I'm not a betting man but if I were then I would have a few bob on this just being a pipe dream :roll:

It will never happen :P

Now where's my hat............ :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Riebi

I must say: I don´t like the idea of a F1 circuit at the Resort. It´s just a noisy and enviroment unfriendly thing. For a Resort which describe itself as "green" and a place where everyone can also find a quiet corner it´s absolute the wrong decission. And don´t think that it will bring MUCH more money to the resort. It´s costly and the guest for F1 will watch the race and the F1-center around the circuit and not main street USA or Toon Studios. They won´t bring the big money to the parks boutiques.
The resort should try to get regular Disney guests who spent there time and money inside the parks and not at the F1-circuit and their merchandise.

If I try to imagine get waked in the morning by motor noise at neport bay club that would be a absolute ugly thing for me. You can even hear the relative quiet motor noise from the stunt show there. So you just have to imagine motor noise on main street or at lake disney to bang your head again the wall.

I´m on the same here with pussinboots, RnRCj and nala.

F1 is not Disney business, so let them out of the resort.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Willow

It would be huge for the resort. The amount of countries that are on the list taht want a grand prix is huge, the investment of further hotels and as it would be very likely that all the hotels would have 100% occupency. The Resort could have a racing weekend with special theming and new costumes for the characters to celebrate motorport.
The noise wouldn't be too bad, its not as if there would be races everyday of the year and most regular visitors would be clever enough to avoid the resort for that weekend so they wouldn't have to worry about the noise issue.

Singapore only took 18 months to build so it could be easily ready in a few seasons.

My personal opinion is that I would prefer that a 3rd gate was built on the site, I love Formula One but I couldn't resist another Disney park being built, especially if it would be a totally unique idea. (e.g. Not Disney Sea, EPCOT, Parasian Adventure or Animal Kingdom).

ford prefect

Quote from: WillowSingapore only took 18 months to build so it could be easily ready in a few seasons.
quote]

The build is the easy part.  The relevant permissions, designs and consultations take the time.

Remember that Disneyland Paris started in the late 80's (perhaps someone could confirm the year) when Eisner and Mitterand signed the agreement.

It then didn't open until 1992.

Donington Park will hold the British Grand Prix from 2010.  It still hasn't got the necessary permissions and work must start in November if it is to be ready.  The political will is more important than the financial will.  That is why Singapore only took 20 years from conception to completetion!

Willow

If the French Government and Bernie Eccelstone want the track at Disney it would be very easy for them to put through the planning permission quicker than usual.

ford prefect

I agree, If Ecclestone and the French Government wanted it at Disney...

The problem is that Francois Fillion (PM) is not an F1 fan.
Since the government are the ones that will have to pay the bill and currently governments are too busy bailing out banks and other financial institutions, I think the political will is political won't.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Riebi"If I try to imagine get waked in the morning by motor noise at neport bay club that would be a absolute ugly thing for me. You can even hear the relative quiet motor noise from the stunt show there. So you just have to imagine motor noise on main street or at lake disney to bang your head again the wall.

F1 is not Disney business, so let them out of the resort.

Yes, that's all the Newport Bay Club needs — noise and 300 rooms with views of an F1 circuit.

What I fail to understand is why it needs to be precisely on Disneyland Paris' third park spot. Why not near the Resort? Are they trying to lump together all the "beauf" entertainment so the sophisticated Parisians can more easily avoid it?