Mobilization against the creation of F1 circuit

Started by benjicool, September 28, 2008, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

Incidently, you should read what F1 fans think of the proposed design

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110313
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

never2old

Quote from: "ford prefect"Incidently, you should read what F1 fans think of the proposed design

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110313

That's quite funny actually  :lol: !! It seems they want it as much as we do....

RnRCj

I have to say, if this goes ahead it will REALLY tick me off. :evil:

I never thought the track would take up that much space. It seems to cut into all of DLRP's expansion area, where new hotels, new parks, and new entertainment will be. I never knew it would be so close to the hotels as well. Some people are going to have awful views.

It's will be terrible for people in the resort at the time of the races too. I like Lake Disney because it's quiet and peaceful. But with the creation of this circuit, that goes out the window. It would really annoy me having to hear the cars going round the track when I'm trying to relax.

And all of this just for one race a year!

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "RnRCj"It's will be terrible for people in the resort at the time of the races too. I like Lake Disney because it's quiet and peaceful. But with the creation of this circuit, that goes out the window. It would really annoy me having to hear the cars going round the track when I'm trying to relax.

But that's just the point, it will be once a year not 365 - Lake Disney will be just as peaceful and quiet at other times during the year.

And wouldn't it be a clever idea to not schedule your holiday on race weekend if you don't want to be disturbed?
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Owain

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"
Quote from: "RnRCj"It's will be terrible for people in the resort at the time of the races too. I like Lake Disney because it's quiet and peaceful. But with the creation of this circuit, that goes out the window. It would really annoy me having to hear the cars going round the track when I'm trying to relax.

But that's just the point, it will be once a year not 365 - Lake Disney will be just as peaceful and quiet at other times during the year.

And wouldn't it be a clever idea to not schedule your holiday on race weekend if you don't want to be disturbed?

You seriously think there going to build this track and have just 1 race a year.... :roll:
I am fully against it, how can people look at that design and say theres nothing wrong with it. Another thing what is the point and what will they achieve from having it there  :?
Isnt there lots of other areas in france where it could be placed?

RnRCj

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"

Note that I did say: "It will be terrible for people in the resort at the time of the races". And like Owain says, they're not just going to leave an empty race track there all year. :roll:

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"And wouldn't it be a clever idea to not schedule your holiday on race weekend if you don't want to be disturbed?

I wouldn't do that, but there are thousands of people that will. I feel very sorry for them. [-o<

pussinboots

Quote from: "RnRCj"I have to say, if this goes ahead it will REALLY tick me off. :evil:

I never thought the track would take up that much space. It seems to cut into all of DLRP's expansion area, where new hotels, new parks, and new entertainment will be. I never knew it would be so close to the hotels as well. Some people are going to have awful views.

It's will be terrible for people in the resort at the time of the races too. I like Lake Disney because it's quiet and peaceful. But with the creation of this circuit, that goes out the window. It would really annoy me having to hear the cars going round the track when I'm trying to relax.

Yes, well said.

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "Owain"You seriously think there going to build this track and have just 1 race a year.... :roll:
No, but the other posted refered to it being "once a year".

I'm referring to the French Grand Prix. Of course it makes more sense to have multiple events, but the Grand Prix is the biggest of them all.

Quote from: "Owain"I am fully against it, how can people look at that design and say theres nothing wrong with it. Another thing what is the point and what will they achieve from having it there  :?
Isnt there lots of other areas in france where it could be placed?
Umm.. free advertising?

Just ask the Singapore Tourism Board how its turned out for them. They themselves admit the race was a marketing exercise.

And, yes there are other places, but Bernie says he no longer wants to go to Nevers-Magny Cours. Circuit Le Mans say the don't want the race either. Dijon Prenois is not up to standard and Circuit Paul Ricard does not have enough facilities for spectators.

Riebi

Sorry but the question is: Is it good advertising for Disney and Disney Parks/Disney Holidays. And that seems to be a clear nooo nooo noooo. They had to fight very hard to get it´s place as enviroment friendly, big resort where you can enjoy a magical landscaping, a magic kingdom, wonderful themed hotels and a second gate that gets better and better in the last year.

F1 could fill the hotels for ONE week maybe. But with the expectation of not just one event a year, filled ways around the resort (and not because someone will go to the theme parks), noise and pollution it could be a paradise for motor race fans...but the rest of the wonderful Disney Families (like the one who was the 200.000.000 guests of course) don´t wanna have a racing circuit near their hotels with big tarmac facilities all around(where the little ones could faster come under the wheels than falling in lake disney)

It´s simply the oposite of a "green" magical disney day. The advertise is: 2 Disney theme parks, disney hotels, a quiet friendly ambience and the rich-men town of val d´europe (for the rich-men) not a racing circuit. It simply doesn´t fit into the resorts universe. And it simply doesn´t fit in the circle.

If it´s such a important thing why not use one of the properties outsite of the circle. They could have their transportation enviroment and Disney could stay what it is: A great holiday destination and not a racing circuit host.

QuoteI'm referring to the French Grand Prix. Of course it makes more sense to have multiple events, but the Grand Prix is the biggest of them all.

That sounds simply horrible. Like I said before I would get my money back if I will have any interference with just ONE of this events. I wanna have holiday time. And I pay for Disney. Not to see the preperations of events or the events themself (that´s what I see at work. Work is not holiday.)

With 90 % occupied rooms I really ask myself why should they need this? They won´t have this Singapore effect.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Hathaway Browne

Are you implying that a child could run onto the track? Puh-lease - this isn't the Istanbul Ottodrom, they will have everything guarded.

And I honestly can't be bothered to argue the point any more.

experiment627

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"Just ask the Singapore Tourism Board how its turned out for them. They themselves admit the race was a marketing exercise.

That's the bit that excites me about having a F1 circuit on property: public awareness. The singapore race was featured in pretty much every news programme and newspaper all over Europe. Hundreds of millions of people heard about the night race at Singapore.
I think F1 would bring DLRP more into people's minds.

(Though I'm dreading the whole thing and would probably never visit during F1 season.)

The one thing that could bring this plan to fall are the neighbours - and they've got every right to be upset about it. So, stop signing any stupid "fan petitions" that maybe will get a dry laugh out of the decisions makers' mouths - and start signing the neighbours' petitions if you want to stop F1 coming to DLRP.

But in regards to that 3rd theme park, F1 may be actually the best thing that could happen to DLRP:
Disney has to develop the land before the year 2017. If not, other developers might come in. And lets be honest: there's a snowball's chance in hell that Disney will have a third gate up and running by 2017. So, having a place holder that will bring tons of business to the site, will bring even more publicity and which can be dismantled after, lets say, ten to fifteen years to make room for new developments.

experiment627

Quote from: "Riebi"Sorry but the question is: Is it good advertising for Disney and Disney Parks/Disney Holidays. And that seems to be a clear nooo nooo noooo. They had to fight very hard to get it´s place as enviroment friendly, big resort where you can enjoy a magical landscaping, a magic kingdom, wonderful themed hotels and a second gate that gets better and better in the last year.

When did Disney every market itself as "environment friendly"?? They know better than to try to give themselves the "green stamp" - this could easily blow up in their faces. (Fireworks, anyone?)

A F1 circuit would definitely reposition the resort - but not necessarily in a bad light: it could present DLRP as a varied vacation resort with tons of things to do ... besides visiting that "amusement park with that pink castle and Mickey Mouse". (If done right.)

experiment627

Quote from: "ford prefect"From a track design point of view it is not brilliant, making too much use of the existing public roads.  

I fail to understand why they need to use the public roads, since they are not really wide enough and would requiire the construction of fairly hefty catch fencing and armco.

Not sure if they're actually using public roads - looks more like the circuit would run right next to it...

Riebi

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "Riebi"Sorry but the question is: Is it good advertising for Disney and Disney Parks/Disney Holidays. And that seems to be a clear nooo nooo noooo. They had to fight very hard to get it´s place as enviroment friendly, big resort where you can enjoy a magical landscaping, a magic kingdom, wonderful themed hotels and a second gate that gets better and better in the last year.

When did Disney every market itself as "environment friendly"?? They know better than to try to give themselves the "green stamp" - this could easily blow up in their faces. (Fireworks, anyone?)

For example here :?:  :!:

//http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/corporate-responsibility/environmental-care/index.xhtml

and at every what-disney-magic-could-do release :?:  They say quiet often that they are such an enviroment friendly place to be honest  :lol:

QuoteA F1 circuit would definitely reposition the resort - but necessarily in a bad light: it could present DLRP as a varied vacation resort with tons of things to do ... besides visiting that "amusement park with that pink castle and Mickey Mouse". (If done right.)

Exactly

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"Are you implying that a child could run onto the track? Puh-lease - this isn't the Istanbul Ottodrom, they will have everything guarded.

And I honestly can't be bothered to argue the point any more.

Maybe a bit to far away but PR is about things that families think about not about the security standard. I don´t think a child falled into lake disney yet and I don´t think that someone would died on that motorway (unless a racing car would hit the grandstand then we will have some).
But I think there will be families which don´t wanna see the necessity to make their holidays with their lil ones near a racing circuit as some others don´t like to see their child playing next to the street. It´s a PR thing not something that would really happen. :wink:

Again: I´m not against F1 or a racing circuit. I´m against a racing circuit next to the hotel zone inside the DLRP circle-route. Place it 5 km away and it will be ok. They place some calm homeless person with a 2km security distance but a loud noise circuit should be inside the magic.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: Hathaway BrowneBut that's just the point, it will be once a year not 365 - Lake Disney will be just as peaceful and quiet at other times during the year.
quote]

If they, God forbid, build this track, its not gonna be used once a year. Formula 1 is the big boy as far as TV revenue and advertising go, but the track isn't gonna lie dormant. I wouldn't be surpirsed if they didn't try to get other races organisations their too : A1, Moto GP, Formula 3000, or any of the other specific car manufacturer race meetings ( Audi racing, Porsche etc. )

They're not building this track cause they think holiday-makers want to see F1, they're building it make money so the more race meetings the better the returns

Just say NON !!!!!