Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2008/09

Started by ICHAPMAN, August 26, 2008, 11:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I agree with the above post.

Whilst I agree that it gives a false impression to the press/media/vip of what is being shown to the 'general public', it's not an isolated to just Disney.

Remembering my younger days ( :lol: - I'm only 32), when I worked in retail for various major brands, the mention that the area manager or higher was set to visit the store would have seen extra stock being brought in to ensure that all shelves were full, looked 'faced' up and if necessary this would have seen extra staff in the previous day to have achieved this.

Similar even now that I work in an office environment, mention that a major customer or key corporate employee is to visit and everything becomes tidy - I've even seen the paint come out!.

In all cases - it just gives the impression of a false imagine - and so as I say it's not isolated to DLRP.    However, the press/media - for the majority they aren't 'stupid' they know they've been treated to a special showing, which differs from the normal offering.

Iain.

Lindyloo

JAZZLUVVA

Thank you soooo much for your advice, ive written it all down. !!! :D
I have thermals brought ( good old M & S !)

Thank you everyone else................ this site is so friendly and helpful.
I really do think if I plan we can have an amazing time....... :)

Im getting excited!

jazzluvva

Hot chocolate!!!! I had the Mulled Wine to keep me warm!!! - availabel in Belles Christmas Village, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "jazzluvva"Hot chocolate!!!! I had the Mulled Wine to keep me warm!!! - availabel in Belles Christmas Village, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nice, I didn't know they offered Mulled Wine. What does it cost?

jazzluvva

cant quite remember, 2.50-3 euros, no different to a soft drink, or a coffee, the only place i found it was one of the stalls in Belle's Christmas Village

giselle

Hmmmmm mulled wine.

We have previously bought it from the village, even though we are not there for the official christmas market, over the last couple of years some stalls have set up early. This being one of them. It is usually around 3 euros a cup. Very nice at the end of a long, cold, fab day.

Mind you, I quite enjoy the hot chocolate from the park, we even bought a tin of hot chocolate powder back with us last year. Didn't last very long though.

Two weeks to go, before I can sample them again  :D  :D/

Lindyloo

mulled wine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/  lush........................ know where im off to..... :)

The Butlin Boy

The traditional Christmas Village that is usually outside DV, has opened in the Walt Disney Studios:

It's probably a really good idea putting it here, it adds a whole new attraction for the Studios this Christmas. And it looks great :)

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... -2008.html

Clarebelle

is it there now? please say yes, please say yes  [-o<
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Clarebelle"is it there now? please say yes, please say yes  [-o<

:? Is what where?

:roll:  :wink:

Willow

Quote from: "Clarebelle"is it there now? please say yes, please say yes  [-o<

The above photograph suggests it is there now.  :P

Anthony

And people said Flying Carpets Over Agrabah was out of place...

I do like the patch of snow between the chalets, they're quite neatly presented, but this isn't really good enough for a Disney park (even WDS), especially in this location. I'm sure the idea is quite a last minute "oh heck, do we have a second theme park now?" decision to stop people wondering why WDS doesn't properly celebrate seasons, but being reminded by the awesomeness of ToT looming in the background, I'd have hoped for much, much more effort this year than a few garden sheds.

You can find these in every European city now. Why not movie star trailers covered in snow or something?

littlemermaid83

I must be a fan of tacky because i really like it.

Gives something a little extra to the Studios.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ICHAPMAN

So I wonder if these will last the season, or will disappear again next weekend and be relocated to the Village as part of it's Market - given that the 'huts' have been 'stolen' from there.

Anthony

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Gives something a little extra to the Studios.
I know what you mean, there's hardly much else Christmassy going on in the park, especially since the CinéFolies cast were culled, but this is meant to be the 2nd best theme park on the continent. It shouldn't really be a place to throw in little random things as something extra. Disneyland requires a little more planning than that.

It actually looks worse the closer you get:

Imagine paying €40+ to get in and then you see that! It's reminding me of that Lapland New Forest scam that's been on the news today. I could just as well wander round my local B&Q.

Compare to the wonderful Belle's Christmas Village:
http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20081202/DSC05311.JPG

And the really quite stunning completion of Santa Claus Village:
http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20081202/DSC05261.JPG

I'd rather see it empty. :(

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"So I wonder if these will last the season, or will disappear again next weekend and be relocated to the Village as part of it's Market - given that the 'huts' have been 'stolen' from there.
Didn't Disney Village get some new market stalls a couple of years ago? Colourful and slightly taller ones?