Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2008/09

Started by ICHAPMAN, August 26, 2008, 11:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Wow looks like Fantillusion is on every in November according the next weeks park schedule.

I'm so excited, means we will also get to see the sleeping beauty show we missed on previous trip! :D/  :D/

I'm so happy!

Happy Christmas everyone :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Malin

QuoteOfficial English version coming very soon on DLRP Today.com!

Hey Anthony, looking forward to that interview, any new news on when you will have it posted on the site?

QuoteWow looks like Fantillusion is on every in November according the next weeks park schedule.

This piece of news finally confirms the news we have all been waiting for!

Malin

Now that Fantillusion has been confirmed to perform every day during the Christmas Season, can anyone recomend a good viewing spot?

Magic M

BEST FANTILLUSION VIEWPOINT IN THE WORLD... EVER!!!

...is really obvious!  Sit on the stone benches by the Castle Bridge!  They do get a bit cold, but if the sides of the street pack out then just STAND on the benches!

You may be asked to sit down again by a CM...

The parade starts behind the Castle and comes round the front right past you - saves waiting 30 minutes for the parade to get to Main Street!

Anthony

Here we go! Chante, c'est noel! It's an exclusive early Christmas present just for you...

The main things we learn in this interview...

[spoiler:xbjxvzm9]- Santa's Christmas Village will operate an alternate layout and be decorated much more thoroughly -- specifically with snow on the hills and rooftops and icicles in the trees.
- The Woodcarver's Workshop will be brought back to life as Santa Claus' Post Office.
- Enchanted Candleabration will cut some of the (dull) Fab 5 routine from its beginning and instead present a longer Prince & Princess waltz.
- Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade will now have a band of pantomime elves in its Dreams of Christmas unit!
- Minnie's Jolly Holidays will have enhancements and new costumes such as rag dolls for the Pinocchio section. A fairytale theme of toys coming to life will spread throughout the season.

And on New Year's Eve...

- Walt Disney Studios Park also opens till midnight for the first time ever! What's more, it'll have a duplicate fireworks show behind Tower of Terror with the same shells and the same music, so that neither park's midnight celebrations are "better" than the other. Disneyland Park will take on a more "family" style for its DJ Party music, whilst the Studios offers a huge additional capacity and a more "grown up" New Year.[/spoiler:xbjxvzm9]

Clarebelle

I have a question...

is it acceptable for an adult to visit Santa in his Christmas Village? or is it just for children? :lol:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Anthony

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Is it acceptable for an adult to visit Santa in his Christmas Village? or is it just for children? :lol: [/color]
Of course, it's fine for adults too!

Though it might be a bit weird if you want to sit on his knee... :wink:

never2old

Thanks for that Anthony, now I'm even more impatient than before!!  :D  Three weeks to go!  :D/

The New Years Eve night sounds brilliant, wonder if I can convince by dear hubby to go... It's his birthday, though, and somehow I get the feeling it's not what he had in mind...

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"Is it acceptable for an adult to visit Santa in his Christmas Village? or is it just for children? :lol: [/color]
Of course, it's fine for adults too!

Though it might be a bit weird if you want to sit on his knee... :wink:

erm .... I think I can draw the line there lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Malin

Any pictures or videos available from the event yet?

Flounder

Quote from: "Malin"Any pictures or videos available from the event yet?
I'd be interested as well  8)

Cheers,
Flounder

Riebi

Oh I think raptor will give us a lot of them the next days  :mrgreen:

To reduce the waiting time: Some of Disneytheque:

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... -2008.html

(But want raptor pics  :(  cause of the better style  :D )
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kris

Please tell me they didn't add cute lights to the Central Plaza stage when they're likely to renew the stage next year?! Also, where were the extra lights in Central Plaza trees this time around? That really helped bring the magic of the castle closer to the audience and add a wow-factor.

I do LOVE the projections of frost and snow on the castle however, those Enchanted Fireworks moving spotlights in the sky and also it makes far more sense to illuminate the chandeliers without the 15th anniversary banners flashing on and off. To me that looked unprofessional, so this is a really great step. Still not seen the WHOLE show though, but looks like plenty more improvements this year. Oh those toy/elf costumes are amazing :)
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Quote from: "Riebi"Oh I think raptor will give us a lot of them the next days  :mrgreen:

To reduce the waiting time: Some of Disneytheque:

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/ ... -2008.html

(But want raptor pics  :(  cause of the better style  :D )
Thanks for the link, wow, cannot wait!! :D
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

ICHAPMAN

Can anyone confirm the dates that the Disney Village Christmas Market will be onsite.

I realise that my own post from the front page says that this will be December 21st,  but I've started to see suggestions that the start date for the market will be December 12th (Disney Central Plaza, French Travel Websites - listing Christmas Market dates).

Now - these could just be 'confused' sites that have managed to switch the 2 and the 1 around - conceivable I guess...

..but I'm just wondering if the date of the 21st was originally a mistake or has since been changed to the 12th.

Anyone in a position to confirm the date for the market?.

(In the meantime I have sought confirmation from DLRP themselves.....)

Thanks

Iain