Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2008/09

Started by ICHAPMAN, August 26, 2008, 11:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICHAPMAN

Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2008/09
8th November 2008 to 6th January 2009

This is now the official topic for the 2008/09 Christmas season at Disneyland Resort Paris. Discuss all the elements of the season here, from parades to decorations to merchandise.

This year's features:
- Belle's Christmas Village in Fantasyland
- Santa's Christmas Village at Woody's Roundup Village
- Minnie's Jolly Holly Day on Central Plaza Stage
- Mickey's Winter Wonderland
- "Dreams of Christmas" unit in Disney's Once upon a Dream Parade
- The Enchanted Candleabration
- Disney's Fantillusion

PLEASE NOTE: If you're asking questions about your own, personal trip, please use the dedicated planning topic.

Useful links:

2007 SEASON GUIDE by dlrpmagic.com, with photos and information

- magicforum team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post:

Hi All,

Seems that the 2008 Christmas season mini-site is up and running over at the usual URL - http://www.disneymagicalchristmas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whether it's all there, or a work-in-progress I'm unsure.

Enjoy!.

Iain

ICHAPMAN

OK - some information I've got from it...

Minne's Jolly Holiday Show - appears to start only at weekends from December. From December 20th it becomes an everyday show.

Regards

Iain

giselle

Oh my!!!! :D

Have been at Christmas time for the past 5 years, and have booked again for 8th December.

Just hearing the music made me cry - cant wait :D

Kuzco

Very nice! Although a bit weird already thinking about Christmas at the end of August ;)
No touchy!

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "Kuzco"Very nice! Although a bit weird already thinking about Christmas at the end of August ;)

I've already got my countdown on my whiteboard! 119 days to go!

never2old

That looks so good!!

Still need to confirm dates with my friends, but we'll probably be going around the 7th of December.... Will be a girls only trip, with plenty of shopping, can't wait!!!

Getyogrooveon

Never too early to think about Christmas at Disneyland!

//http://dhost.info/dlrp/

Only 95 days to go!
"Eveything is automatic - this is Disney" [CM on the rollercoaster simulator in the Studios - Nov 2004]

05.92 Newport Bay
09.01 Santa Fe
11.03 Cheyenne
11.05 Sequoia Lodge
11.06 Cheyenne
11.07 Cheyenne
12.08 Cheyenne
08.10 Saratoga Springs - Walt Disney World
11.10 Cheyenne

Nala_84

Thank you for posting :)

I'm so disappointed now :(! Not only that they again don't have a German underpage.

And, much worse - I can't see Minnie's Jolly Holiday show  :cry: We'll arive on Sunday, the 30th November and stay til Tuesday... I was so much looking forward to be able to see it......
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"Hi All,

Seems that the 2008 Christmas season mini-site is up and running over at the usual URL - http://www.disneymagicalchristmas.com/

Whether it's all there, or a work-in-progress I'm unsure.

Enjoy!.

Iain

Thanks, watched it with my 3 kids (they don't know they are going yet) and we got very reminiscent, they asked if they could go again this year.... SOOOOO excited!!! :D
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

ICHAPMAN

Hi All,

Discovered this PR release from DLRP regarding the Christmas 2008 Season.  This appears to be slightly different to the English one that DLRPToday/Magic covered in early August.

This was dated 15th September 2008 and was in French.   The below is in English thanks to Google's Translation Service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living fully the spirit of the holidays with a Christmas Fairy Tale of the Disneyland Resort Paris from November 8, 2008

Marne-La-Vallee, September 2008 - From 8 November 2008 to January 6, 2009, Disneyland Resort Paris has its finery to celebrate Christmas. Its countless surprises to celebrate this family celebration par excellence promise of laughter, magic and entertainment.

Stay free for children under 7 years (1)

Can you imagine better place than Disneyland Resort Paris to live the spirit of Christmas as a family? Transformed into the Palais de Cristal, the emblematic Castle Sleeping Beauty scintillera every evening at the ceremony of the Bougillumination Enchantée.  Princess Aurora and Prince Philippe valseront the time of a romantic encounter every day in the Court of Castle.  Each day, snowflakes tourbillonneront by thousands on Main Street, USA to prepare the scene for a Christmas unique.

The Disneyland Park invites visitors to experience a Christmas under the sign of the Disney magic. Everything is there, dazzling decorations at Santa's Village, through the many Disney characters dressed in festive, the huge Christmas tree, entertainment throughout the Disneyland Park and, for the first time a single dinner with Characters Disney: The Wonderful Christmas Dinner Mickey.

A CHRISTMAS TALE OF FEES IN THE PARK DISNEYLAND (2)

NEW: to meet Santa Claus in his village!

With his big white beard, his bright red costume and his gift bag full to bursting, Father Christmas is recognizable among all. It will be present in person to greet visitors to his studio toys. Children are invited to come and meet him and share with him their Christmas wishes secrets.

For the first time, the village will have a "post office of Father Christmas," where children can submit their list. After their visit to Disneyland Paris, they will have an immense joy to receive a reply from Father Christmas in their mailbox. (3)

(3) To do this, children must clearly indicate their address

Location: Critter Corral-Woody's Roundup village Frontierland

A meeting of The Sleeping Beauty and her Prince Charming

Meet a real princess in the most beautiful castles is a dream that every girl secretly wants to see come true. While The Sleeping Beauty, accompanied by Prince Philip, met the visitors in the Court of Castle for a romantic moment, sang and danced to the music of Tchaikovsky, young and old can relive the history of the masterpiece of Walt * Disney on DVD and Blue-ray.

* The Sleeping Beauty released collector edition DVD and Blue-ray Disc, November 26, 2008.

The Bougillumination Enchantée

In the evening, Mickey and his friends take their Christmas costume to invite visitors to a memorable ceremony at the Castle of Sleeping Beauty.

A beautiful ballet princesses Disney will set the tone of the Christmas magic before a grand final. The dazzling light show know its peak with the illumination of the majestic Christmas tree, lights on Main Street, USA and Castle Sleeping Beauty.

Disney Fantillusion

As nightfall, the Princes and Princesses Disney will participate with other Disney Characters to a grand festival of lights, which will embody the most beautiful fairy tales for Disney.

A shimmering nighttime parade will illuminate Main Street, USA for its visual effects and sound unique visitors and embark on a journey sensory three stops in which the Wicked Disney will also have their place.

The brilliant final promises to seduce the imagination of young and old alike.

Father Christmas, VIP guest of the Disney Parade of Dreams

This colourful procession will present major magical moments of the most beautiful stories Disney. Visitors can truly feel the magic of the moment with a different olfactory experience the passage of each tank. Behind Disney Characters trimmed their holiday clothes, Father Christmas will close the step in his sled with his reindeer and his army of wooden soldiers.

The Christmas holidays Minnie

Minnie will invite visitors to celebrate Christmas with her and her dancers in a great spectacle full of surprises Christmas.

Location: Central Plaza - every Saturday and Sunday, December and all day on 20 December 2008 to January 6, 2009.

At the meeting Dingo Father Christmas

Perched in his sled, a lovely habit of Dingo in Father Christmas will welcome children of all ages in Disneyland for a souvenir photo at Town Square.

The Village Christmas Belle

With its quaint taverns and its stands covered with snow, Fantasyland open its doors to the wonderful world of Belle and friends of the classic Disney Beauty and the Beast for the holiday season.

Transportés by the magic of this tale in an enchanted world, visitors can stroll through the narrow streets of this authentic medieval village and meet Beauty and the Beast.

Mickey and the Magic of Winter

The skating show will delight the whole family.

Mickey and Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald Duck and Tic Tac and share the joys of winter sports between falls and hilarious battles snowball.

The show will celebrate the spirit and magic of the winter season several times a day at Chaparral Theater.

Place: Chaparral Theater - Frontierland

NEW: The Wonderful Christmas Dinner Mickey

An unforgettable gift for the whole family for all those who love this festive season and want to live a wonderful adventure Disney Christmas.

A dinner "Sensatio-Christmas" will delight the taste buds of young and old alike and Disney Characters who do one thing: invite them to join them for déhancher on entertaining music, the Pavilion in the Park Disneyland (.

The 6.13 and 20 December only 19 to 21h, private access to the pavilion and encounters with Disney Characters.

A tasty buffet feast, dances with Disney Characters, twinkling lights and songs repeatedly in unison warm the hearts and minds delight.

This event will be held at Pavilion Park Disneyland

Tickets for The Wonderful Christmas Dinner Mickey are available at a cost of € 55 for adults and € 20 for children (3 to 11 inclusive.). This price does not include admission to the park.

Seating is limited for these dinners in order to ensure a high quality experience. It is strongly advised to book in advance on www.disneylandparis.com or by calling 0825 30 60 30.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

On 31 December, Disneyland will welcome visitors until 1 am for an unforgettable evening of New Year For the twelve strokes of midnight, a dazzling fireworks illuminate the sky above the Chateau de la Belle au Bois Sleeping with panache to greet the new year.

SPLENDOR OF CHRISTMAS IN DISNEY HOTEL

The hotels at Disneyland Resort Paris resplendiront of Christmas decorations to support the visitors staying at the heart of the magic atmosphere of a traditional Christmas Disney.

CHRISTMAS IN DISNEY VILLAGE *

The magic of the holidays continues at Disney Village with the traditional Christmas market. In the aisles illuminated, many chalets invite visitors to enjoy the eyes and taste buds by offering crafts and cuisine.

The market will take place from December 21 2008 to January 6, 2009.

Meeting with Father Christmas and dinner during a special evening DJ at the disco Hurricanes on 24 and 25 December 2008.

December 24: 1erservice, € 69 per adult - 39 € per child / 2nd service, € 89 per adult - 49 € per child

December 25: 1erservice, € 69 per adult - 39 € per child / 2nd service € 69 per adult - 39 € per child.

The Eve's Eve plunges visitors to the heart of Hollywood with a feast of festive menus and animations. At the disco ** Hurricanes fans tubes "disco" can dance until the early morning to celebrate the beat the new year.

* For further information: www.disneylandparis.com

** December 31: access fee (50 €) --

Access to minors unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Formal dress required. Management reserves the right to limit or deny access for security reasons.

(1) Free accommodation in all Disney hotels, or hotels and advised associates and free entry to both Disney Parks. A paying adult per room reserved, and free for children under 7 years old at the time of stay. For further information call 0825 30 60 30 (0.15 € / min). Proof of age children must be presented upon arrival. The transport, and insurance options can be added, but are not free for children 3 years and older.

(2) The parades and performances are subject to weather conditions.

(3) Provided that children have well-written address.

Clarebelle

It sounds SO fantastic!!! I'm so excited!!!! lol

shame I wont see the christmas market in the village tho :-( they sell lovely things!

thank you soooooooooooo much for sharing this!!!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

SophieD

thanks so much for sharing the info!! it makes me even more excited for December!!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Clarebelle

eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!!   I know lol

I'm actually nearly crying i'm soooo excited  :roll:  (good job the bf's not here) and it doesnt help that I'm listening to Main Street Electrical parade music!!! bring it back please!

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"CHRISTMAS IN DISNEY VILLAGE *

The magic of the holidays continues at Disney Village with the traditional Christmas market. In the aisles illuminated, many chalets invite visitors to enjoy the eyes and taste buds by offering crafts and cuisine.

The market will take place from December 21 2008 to January 6, 2009.

Quote from: "Clarebelle"shame I wont see the christmas market in the village tho :-( they sell lovely things!

Darn - I just spotted those dates for the Market - and realise that I'll miss it to, which is a major disappointment as I'm going as late in December as I can - I'll miss the market by 2 days.   Is it me, or does the market appear to get later and later each year - give it two more years and it won't start until January 1st! :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Clarebelle

I'm hoping its a mistake :wink: and I am too sure its getting later each year!

(I'm lucky enough to get the 7-11th off at work so I suppose I should be happy with that but I'm not ... I'm EXTATIC!!!!!